Page 462 of 462 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462
Results 6,916 to 6,923 of 6923

Thread: Ernesto Valverde

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clemente View Post
    But why was Coutinho on the bench tho, it just doesn't make sense, even for this clown you can't justify dropping Coutinho for fucking Roberto/Suarez, literally every game last season as soon as I see lineup I get annoyed, and this season its the same somehow, just boot this guy already.
    Don't judge him after one game. The season is still very young and we'll have to wait at least 10 games to get an idea what Valverde is planning to do this year. There were lots of articles coming up that we need to rotate more so that the key players are fresh in the hot stage of CL. If you want to rotate more you don't field your best team in every game but rest some because they'll play 90 minutes in the next one while other key players get rested there.

If you have a player like Coutinho on the bench you have an impact sub guaranteed if things go wrong. I don't say he should stay on the bench every game.

Just have a look at the bench: Cillessen, Coutinho, Arthur, Rafinha, Malcom, Lenglet and Arturo Vidal
    Compared to the one in last season's first game: Cillessen, Digné, Piqué (Mascherano starting), Aleix Vidal, Gomes, Denis, Arda

This squad allows a lot of rotating. Sure, it was the first game and you could field up the strongest XI, but you'd better start too early with rotation than too late. A weak bench and overplayed key players was the main reason Barça didn't win a CL in recent history.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking the other day over the state of our team last year, which culminated with the Roma debacle, but whatever happened with the managers improving the players he has at his disposal? Currently there is no one player that has improved under EV. Maybe Umtiti, but can't think of anyone else. While i do get that the likes Gomes, Denis, Vidal, Paco etc. are just poor and they can't improve much on that but not even to average performances? Maybe i expect too much...

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season culminated with League and Copa win.
    Also, Alba and Rakitic improved under Valverde.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    Season culminated with League and Copa win.
    Also, Alba and Rakitic improved under Valverde.
    The league was won in December.

Alba and Raki had better seasons under different managers, so no.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by behindbrowneyes View Post
    Don't judge him after one game. The season is still very young and we'll have to wait at least 10 games to get an idea what Valverde is planning to do this year. There were lots of articles coming up that we need to rotate more so that the key players are fresh in the hot stage of CL. If you want to rotate more you don't field your best team in every game but rest some because they'll play 90 minutes in the next one while other key players get rested there.

If you have a player like Coutinho on the bench you have an impact sub guaranteed if things go wrong. I don't say he should stay on the bench every game.

Just have a look at the bench: Cillessen, Coutinho, Arthur, Rafinha, Malcom, Lenglet and Arturo Vidal
    Compared to the one in last season's first game: Cillessen, Digné, Piqué (Mascherano starting), Aleix Vidal, Gomes, Denis, Arda

This squad allows a lot of rotating. Sure, it was the first game and you could field up the strongest XI, but you'd better start too early with rotation than too late. A weak bench and overplayed key players was the main reason Barça didn't win a CL in recent history.
    Don't really agree, sure if we have matches every 3 days then its good that we can rotate, but when we have 1 game every weekend, then what is the point to rest a 26 year old? He can easily play that and probably even wants to, at this rate he is losing match fitness to play this little. At Liverpool he played every single game possible.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorin View Post
    The league was won in December.
    shows quality of the manager i guess, when did that happen last time?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeRomeno View Post
    shows quality of the manager i guess, when did that happen last time?
    The story is that neither Atletico nor Real bothered going for the title. If they really had wanted it, they had taken it from us without breaking a sweat. Easy peasy.

Get with the program, man.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickykid View Post
    The story is that neither Atletico nor Real bothered going for the title. If they really had wanted it, they had taken it from us without breaking a sweat. Easy peasy.

Get with the program, man.
    Even for this forum this could be ~top 3 stupidest comments I've seen here.