Ernesto Valverde - V1

Joan

Abelardo seems to have it all on paper, Spanish, Liga coach, almost 10 years at Barca. Yet somehow don't think he's considered as a serious option yet.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Abelardo seems to have it all on paper, Spanish, Liga coach, almost 10 years at Barca. Yet somehow don't think he's considered as a serious option yet.

He's a downgrade on Valverde in every possible way. More defensive, seem to be softer, has a poor resume in comparison to Valverde who actually reached an UEFA Cup Final with freaking Espanyol and made Athletic into a decent team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For now, I want Valverde to remain in charge. Barring major fuckups from his side.

He's gone after this season for sure. And if we don't do well in the CL and he want to stay then he need to get booted. I'm not saying we should win, but at least be a serious contender.

I want no excuses from him or his legion of fans.

Joan

He's a downgrade on Valverde in every possible way. More defensive, seem to be softer, has a poor resume in comparison to Valverde who actually reached an UEFA Cup Final with freaking Espanyol and made Athletic into a decent team.

Being honest here, think most available managers would be a downgrade on Valverde. But, going by the club's famous 'criteria' (spanish, ex player etc.) he might get a chance. But I don't think that could happen soon. Wouldn't even say he's doing that well, leave alone for a considerable period of time.

Joan

He's gone after this season for sure. And if we don't do well in the CL and he want to stay then he need to get booted. I'm not saying we should win, but at least be a serious contender.

I want no excuses from him or his legion of fans.

Another debacle should certainly end his career in Barca. But if they managed to fight for the CL and won the league, I would be happy to keep him. However, also think he's gone.

serghei

We need to define challenge for CL. I'm gonna assume we beat Lyon over two legs with the return leg on Camp Nou.

We get rid of 2 of Juve, Atletico, Bayern, Liverpool, which is important. I think we should make the semifinal at a bare minimum. I could maybe understand knocking out a big team and getting eliminated by another if we have bad luck in the QF and SF draws.

For me, to trust Valverde for next season too, we'd have to outplay and eliminate a top CL rival. Be it in the quarters or SF if we have a lucky draw in the QF. If we manage to knock out one of Liverpool/Bayern, City, Juventus/AM, PSG or Madrid I'd consider this as a big improvement for Valverde.

Valverde must prove he is capable to lead the team to big European wins.

Last edited:

Porque

For the record, I do not particularly want Abelardo but he does fit the profile we look at.

-Former player understanding the internal workings of the club.
-Relatively young
-Promising coaching experience.

Let's see where Alaves end the season but being in Euro places at the halfway stage is marvelous. Alaves do not have alot of talent although the squad is at peak average age so he is getting the best out of them.

Ustari

Mou, res!
Still no love for Zidane ??

Attacking football plus he'd like to get back at Madrid ??
We've had LE from them and he wasn't tooo bad ..

I'd love Klopp but that's a few years off , I'd guess

Can you please stop mentioning Zidane as our future manager? You know that 100% it won’t happen.

Home of Barca Fans