Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcilliant

There are no excuses for Valverde this time.

In terms of quality and depth this is one of the best Barca squads in the last 25 years.

It is up to him to motivate the players and get the tactics right.

Anything other then a Cl win would be a failure in my opinion.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We should not sacrifice la Liga by means. But for Christ's sake do not start your first 11 in Copa. Like at all. This time we have good bench too I don't want see the likes of Busi, Messi, Rakitic, Coutinho starting Copa matches.

You heard Mestre. Trophy is a trophy.

vlad

There are no excuses for Valverde this time.

In terms of quality and depth this is one of the best Barca squads in the last 25 years.

It is up to him to motivate the players and get the tactics right.

Anything other then a Cl win would be a failure in my opinion.

No, actually its not that simple, not winning CL isnt a failure, what valverde needs to do its make this team fight in that competition and dont get embarressed like last years except season 2015, so semifinals with good display in CL, and im okay with that

Edit: about the squad, dembele is still talent not a WC player, suarez is in decline, arthur has a lot to prove, messi is older, pique is still there, alba also, semedo still isnt WC rb, so i dont understand that hype about this squad

Edit: CL is more about winning mentality and that doesnt come instantly

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

CL is not something that you win year after year . Real's sucess has got in to the head of few people around here . How many teams have managed to win minimum of two Cl's in a decade since the inception of Uefa champions league ? . Milan , Barca , Real ? Then who ? . Not winning a Cl isn't a failure . Like Vlad said we should be happy even if we lose after giving it a fight rather than sulking .. We have lot of inexperienced players and they should be given enough exposure so that they gain European experience . players like Ramos , Marcelo, Pepe , Varane ,kroos didn't became mentally tough players overnight . They have went through similiar phase in Europe during 2007-2012 . We need to be patient . League win , cl semi final without a disastrous lose is fine given that Ev is doing right things to develop players like Dembele , Arthur , Alena , puig etc . If board appointed Ev for instant sucess , you can't complain much about him going with same 11 in all tournaments. or if there is a project going on , then we should be patient . I am not sure whether board appointed Ev as a long term option to set up a base for the post Messi Barca to flourish .

serghei

We don't need to be sacrificing nothing. Our squad players get paid more than just about any team in Spain minus a select 3-4 teams. Playing young players who are hungry and want to prove they can be starters is not giving up.

We need to rotate wisely, and still win the Copa. We shouldn't need the best 11 to beat Espanyol in 2 legs. 3-4 starters should do it.

soul24rage

the CL is still ridiculously hard to win even with the best squad we have since 2015 because there are factors that are beyond in our control (refs mistakes, getting teams that are not suited for us, luck, bad finishing and etc.) There are things that we can control that should be improved upon such as tactics, resting players in the right game, motivation and etc.

People who are expecting a CL this season just because we have the best squad should be ready for any kind of disappointment as the CL is unpredictable. What I'm hoping for this season is a much improved performance from our guys this season because the way we went out the past few years have been embarrassing. Obviously we want to win the CL, but let's take one game at a time.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Any manager that had some balls would have subbed that asswater of a striker a long time ago. Some things never change I guess.

Edit: He then proceeds to sub off Dembele who was solid tonight , while Suarez gets to stay.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

This guy shithoused the formation by playing Messi on RW today. We were incredibly one-sided and as a result relied on Suarez massively, who is shit. Rafinha and Rakitić needed to fill in in RW, which resulted in lack of players in midfield.

Not to mention that he also played Arthur out of his favourite position.

Home of Barca Fans