Ernesto Valverde - V1

Stoichkov1

I truly believe that if we had Valverde instead of that fraud of a coach during MSN era we would have won more titles. Lucho would have struggled so much with this team.

Joan

How do you say we deserved more? Of course we had a good goal denied against Valencia, but we didn't create many clear cut chances, if any in either match. Just passing the ball around sideways in the final third keeping possession doesn't make us deserving of a victory.

How do you say we didn't deserve more? Firstly, should've been a goal up. A win, clearly more than a draw. Also, had 9 or what shots on target, winning's not only about cleat cut chances and creation but rather finding adequate ways to place a ball behind the line.
We have to improve on many ascpects, attacing in the first place, but denying we should've won at Mestalla and that we did indeed desetve more is pointless and just not true.

Windhook

So far the season for Valverde is similar to Pep's 2008-09 (although he lost the first match against Numancia).

xXKonan

I'm actually curious on how well Valverde could do with the 2014/15 squad.

Fresh and younger MSN

Younger iniesta.

a Rakitic that wasn't a zombie.

Xavi coming off the bench when needed as a sub.

Alves still being around.

MagIX

At the moment Valverde is doing well in term of results with the available material (key players like Iniesta is getting old, Suarez is absolutely out of form, Samedo needs time to adapt, Rakitic is not at his best, DSuarez and Deulofeu are not good enough)
We lost in quality (especially in midfield), but we are better in defending (intercepting, tackles, anticipating, pressing, reading the opponent's game): this compensate the loss of quality.
We are not playing the typical 4-3-3: we are playing with an added midfielder, this help a lot our midfield and our defence.
Let's see when Dembele is back and we will play our 4-3-3.
I don't know how our front will be...

--------Messi--------
--Dembele-----Suarez
?

Messi---Suarez---Dembele
?

M

MessiCam

What last nights game showed me once again is that Barcelona don't need all these workhorses in the team. They stagnate the movement of the ball... Sure they'll play an important role but we have too many of them.

Roberto has to start over Rakitic in midfield. He's a workhorse and a very good distributor.

And for heavens sake play with wings. There is hope for Valverde yet.

61734863.jpg

61734757.jpg

Cheekiest bastard alive, the only thing that would make him happier is if Audi made buses.

M

MessiCam

Drops Semedo again. Not even on the bench.

This guy has turned out to be the opposite of what he was advertised as.
Well some of us have been complaining about it since day one... it is he who said regardless of formation it is the style of Barcelona that is sacrosanct. What do we get? A midfield of mainly workhorses resulting in stagnant play. Good with youth... What do we get? Same old underperforming bums playing week in week out. And to make matters worse there’s part of the fan base that have fallen for this rubbish because he he manages to grind out results.

but I’ve said enough about this already... Can’t keep flogging a dead horse.

Last edited:

henias

Don't think anyone had high expectations of him. Truth be told Semedo did play a lot recently so it's not that bad.

Did anyone has high expectations of Rakitic or Suarez? But the fact, Semedo only played 500 mins in La Liga and Rakitic played 1000 mins is beyond idiocy. Rakitic also played 300 mins in UCL same as Semedo. The fact that he plays him in a sure-win Copa Del Rey match proves Semedo is a secondrate RB. Valverde thinks he plays badly in La Liga, bcos he is always paired with Rakitic. Against Murcia, u see how he became more lively with Vidal and Alena. Even if he is "preserving" Semedo for UCL, he still hasnt quite settled in and find good connection on the right side. He wont even perform well in UCL this way. This isnt FIFA. Confidence is a crucial factor and he'll be ruined.

serghei

If he doesn't play some B team players vs Sporting, he drops a lot in my eyes. Just starting to warm up to him more these past weeks. Alena and Arnaiz are a must.

Home of Barca Fans