Ernesto Valverde - V1

M

MessiCam

i bet these "messi should go elsewhere" nonsense wouldn't be occuring if city weren't looking as good as they are. would be nothing short of opportunism to jump on that wagon, thankfully messi stands for more than that.

I don’t care where he ends up as long as it’s not a team managed by Valverde. He is being reduced to a midfielder under this fool who is shaping his team around Suárez.

KingLeo10

I don’t care where he ends up as long as it’s not a team managed by Valverde. He is being reduced to a midfielder under this fool who is shaping his team around Suárez.

it's not an ideal situation right now at barca for messi, he realizes it, we realize it as fans. but i think it's a little premature to call for a move, considering our brand new big signing dembele has yet to play a stretch of games for us as a starter. if the problems persist after we have our "full" squad, then it's justified calling for EV's head. for the record, i think he is adequate, nothing special but not terrible either. we could be playing both unaesthetic football AND losing given the shitshow of midfield transfers we've had over the years.

The system is working because Madrid has been dropping points? We’re playing ugly football with 65% possession on average. For the umpteenth time the opposition has created more opportunities than us. Ter Stegen is by far Valverde’s most important player this season. Let that sink in.

The only statistic that matters is goals scored and 11 out of 12 times this season we have toped that statistic. And the system is working not because Real are dropping points but because we are winning and not dropping points.

vinni

I dont’t see the problem with bringing on Vidal today. Roberto is out injured. Semedo was playing dreadfull, so we needed a change. Vidal didnt impress but it was worth a try.

M

MessiCam

Why are people blaming the players for the type of football we’re playing? That’s all on Valverde because it’s his job getting them to dance to his tune. He clearly hasn’t sold the players on a style of football or he is useless at getting them to play it.

We’re 18 competitive matches into the season and the only thing people can come up with is our football sucks because Dembélé is injured. We looked better under Lucho with the same players.

KingLeo10

Why are people blaming the players for the type of football we’re playing? That’s all on Valverde because it’s his job getting them to dance to his tune. He clearly hasn’t sold the players on a style of football or he is useless at getting them to play it.

We’re 18 competitive matches into the season and the only thing people can come up with is our football sucks because Dembélé is injured. We looked better under Lucho with the same players.

it's easy to get players to sign to your tune when they're relative no namers at bilbao. it's harder at barca because of colossal figures like messi, iniesta, pique, suarez etc. we did not play better than this in lucho's 16/17 season, the midfield was a gaping hole then and rakitic and iniesta essentially played as touchline wingers.

FCBfan22

I dont’t see the problem with bringing on Vidal today. Roberto is out injured. Semedo was playing dreadfull, so we needed a change. Vidal didnt impress but it was worth a try.

Vidal can't defend. Even Roberto is better at defending than Vidal. With Pique as a RCB, that is suicidal, when you are only 1-0 up. As a result of that, Pique got skinned many times when Vidal was brought on.

If Vidal plays against Juve as a RB, you will see what I'm talking about. If he doesn't just look at the supercopa matches.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

But players are aging and decling, who could have thought that Iniesta won't be able to play for 90 minutes every match and stay healthy:thinking:. All summer we were talking that we need reinforments in midfield and now we see the results because of boards inaction.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Even if Semedo wasn't having a great game he's a much better defender than Vidal is.

Vidal gets ran over so easily on the right hand side no matter who we play. It's risky to sub him on at RB when we are one up regardless if Semedo wasn't going forward as much as we want to.

Stoichkov1

Lucho had Neymar, Valverde doesn't have him. The midfield looked shit under Lucho too, Barca was basically MSN the last 2 seasons.

M

MessiCam

it's easy to get players to sign to your tune when they're relative no namers at bilbao. it's harder at barca because of colossal figures like messi, iniesta, pique, suarez etc. we did not play better than this in lucho's 16/17 season, the midfield was a gaping hole then and rakitic and iniesta essentially played as touchline wingers.

We looked better as far as I’m concerned even with the more direct style and we created bucket loads of chances. This year teams are creating more chances than us with half the possession.

Rakitic playing where he was was as a result of covering for Messi. We all know that.

M

MessiCam

Lucho had Neymar, Valverde doesn't have him. The midfield looked shit under Lucho too, Barca was basically MSN the last 2 seasons.

I’m very well aware of that but why did Valverde change a system that was working well in the earlier part of the season? We lacked a bit of fluidity but we moved the ball around better and were creating chances. Even without Dembélé.

vinni

Vidal can't defend. Even Roberto is better at defending than Vidal. With Pique as a RCB, that is suicidal, when you are only 1-0 up. As a result of that, Pique got skinned many times when Vidal was brought on.

If Vidal plays against Juve as a RB, you will see what I'm talking about. If he doesn't just look at the supercopa matches.

If this was against Juventus, i would agree with you. This was Leganes though. Their attack was quite bad, so i think it was ok to try out.

Mitchell1978

The results are better then last season, the defence seems solid, conceding few goals but barça is also creating a lot fewer chances compared to last season and scoring fewer goals.
The football is sterile, boring not like barça at all.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Valverde is amazing. We should have won agains Atletico and there wouldnt be comparable coach in barca history who took team soo weak to open season so good.

I'd conclude that too had I not watched every match and felt disappointed in most of them.

I suppose we could spin this win too. Leganes hadn't conceded more than two goals at their home until now. Barca comes and scores 3.
Clean sheet. 11 points.

But I did see Leganes having more than twice shots on target than us and Ter Steven saving us once again.

I do wish to be optimistic but best case scenario, imo, is: we win La Liga - get a wake up call in CL but Valverde stays (because of La Liga) and then gets completely found out next year. 2 more years of getting by and wasting Messi's zenith.

Home of Barca Fans