Ernesto Valverde - V1

Messigician

Setien keeps declaring his interest in the job lmao

At least EV played under Cruyff for Barcelona's dream team as a forward. Setien flopped at Betis

Quique Setién: "When a player like Xavi retires, it's as if a kidney is removed. And the day that Messi retires, I will cry forever."

"People are becoming very demanding. The Champions League has been the only lunar of Barça, the league shows who is the best team of the year and this year has been Barça. It has much merit what they have done."

BBZ8800

Well... You admit that our current squad is worse now and older... Yet defendng Ernie for doing no rotations whatsoever.

Mind you, Lucho went bananas with rotation in 14/15, which is one of the main reasons for our spectacular finish this year. And he had the word over players, unlike EV, who is steered by seniors.

Despite of his obvious tactical flaws (especially in setting up a midfield), which surfaced in his 2nd season, he was a master at motivating the players and knew that a football season is a marathon, so the stamina is incredibly important. Now we have Ernie, who cannot do neither of those 2 things.

True.
But why:
1. Lucho wasn't able to repeat the same CL success in 2016 and 2017 and had Atletico 0:2, Psg 0:4 and Juve 0:3 defeats?
Did Lucho become dumber, or maybe, our team is hopeless in Europe since then?
And 2015 was a fluke and 4 lucky Months in Europe?
2. Also, why Lucho's formula with motivating and rotations didn't work in the last 18 Months when we ended behind Zidane's Madrid both times in terms of points?
Then EV comes, gets an even worse team (Dembele for Neymar) and wins two doubles?

You can sell an alibi how EV won La liga this year because Real was bad.
What about the last year?
Real was better than us in La liga in 2016 and 2016/17 and won CLs in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
I mean, they weren't THAT bad.

No matter how you twist it, EV wasn't THAT bad and he improved some things, results wise.

** Someone else asked why Semedo is not playing.
Imagine La Liga match at home against a crappy team:
Semedo can't do shit in attack.
Pique and Lenglet also.
Busi is old and lost it.
Raki is old, tired and technically limited.
Arthur played 3 forward passes in his career.
Suarez can't control the ball and play a simple pass.
Coutinho, a turnover machine.

What is left?
Messi and Messipendencia.
Extremely raw and hot and cold Dembele.
And Alba.

Roberto is offering a lot in terms of build up when you look at this team.
Then you will say: then drop Raki and Suarez?
For whom?
Vidal who also isn't a TikiTaka master?
Lord Malcom?
Puig who isn't rated by any youth Spanish Nt coach except from desperate Barca's fans.
Or Alena who is miles even behind grannies Busi, Raki, Vidal?

My point: imo again, this is the weakest squad since Gaspart, except Messi.
Oldies are done and mentally drained.
And youngsters are more or less average and insanely overrated by this board.

In this moment, you can play grannies Raki-Busi or play a midtable level midfield with some Arthur, Alena, Puig combinations.

Or, btw, remember those awesome ideas for Months here where people suggested Dembele, Mesi, Malcom attack so that Malcom could play, lol.

I posted a long posts yesterday about all of our La Masia failed prospects since 2000' in a hope to calm down wild expectations about Alena and Puig.
Both of them have less than 10% chances of making it here.

So you guys, when you are posting lineups for the future, maybe you should stick with Raki-Busi or Busi-Frenkie-Arthur.
Alena-Puig-xx options don't exist in a real world.

And then again, you will understand why is EV playing grannies all the time.
About Arthur being the 4th pick behind grannies, 2 scenarios are possible:
1. Ev is dumb
2. Or we will find out soon that Arthur is s new Dembele or Malcom (or Semedo in attack) and hasn't played for a reason

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Hahahaha BBZ still pushing the imaginary narratives of people clamoring for Alena and Puig to start CL matches. Keep sucking that Valgreen lollipop mate. :lol:

Ernesto "league master" Valverde

Ernesto "he isn't perfect but no one is better" Valverde

Ernesto "it's the young players fault for not developing themselves" Valverde

Ernesto "seniors are past it but it isn't his fault for playing them every match" Valverde

Ernesto "we can't play good football with a billion dollar squad" Valverde

BBZ8800

Hahahaha BBZ still pushing the imaginary narratives of people clamoring for Alena and Puig to start CL matches. Keep sucking that Valgreen lollipop mate. :lol:

Not Cl matches.
La liga matches.

Alena is good for the last 15 minutes of La liga matches currently.
Puig is good for watching them on a Tv currently.

I asked you several times: Ev doesn't rate 20 years old Puig. But why other Nt coaches don't call Puig?
I mean, Deulofeu had 80+ Nt matches for youth teams and ended as a midtable team squad level player.

And you are attacking our coach for not playing a kid who isn't rated by any other coach except except Barcaforum and Mundo deportivo.

Again: Ev is meh.
Oldies are done.
But you guys are overhyping our average youngsters to insane levels.

I am afraid of a reality check for you.
If we'll get a new coach and if majority of these kids will turn into Denis, Paco and Samper.
Which is btw, the most likely scenario.

How come that all youth NT coaches adored Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago, Fabregas?
Yet, no one is recognizing Puig?

Further, you say that our team is awesome, lol.
Dembele, a benchwarmer for France.
Malcom nowhere near a Brasilian team.
Arthur somewhere in between a starter and a squad level.
Semedo, 3rd or 4th Rb pick in Portugal.

I won't even compare us to Pep's team.
Compare our current bunch of average players with Rijkaard's players:
Ballon D Or Ronnie
Etoo, close to a top3 players in the world back then.
Deco, a key player for Portugal.
Van Bommel, a key player and a leader of Netherlands.
Edmilson, Brasilian starter.
Marquez, Mexican captain.
Gio, always a starter for Netherlands.
Our 5th choice striker was Larsson, one of the best European strikers ever. (Today we have Prinze and Malcom, lol)
Plus best young players in the world Xavi, Iniesta, Messi who were key players and won youth World cups.

And then people say that we have the best team, yet Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Semedo, Roberto, no one is playing for NT teams.
And a biggest youth hope, Riqui Puig has 0 calls for youth Spanish teams.

Again, Ev is bad.
But you guys are living on a clouds if you think that this is a good team.

Lord Barto is splashing 100m for everyone, without any sense and a longterm plan.
Barto is playing Football manager in real life, with cheating codes (unlimited funds), yet he has no clue what he is doing with his team and his money.

Last edited:

Messigician

Ernesto "league master" Valverde

Ernesto "he isn't perfect but no one is better" Valverde

Ernesto "it's the young players fault for not developing themselves" Valverde

Ernesto "seniors are past it but it isn't his fault for playing them every match" Valverde

Ernesto "we can't play good football with a billion dollar squad" Valverde

I wanted EV out but I'm willing to give him once more chance due to winning 2 doubles in a row and 3rd time lucky for the treble to end his time here as our second most successful manager.

If you want EV out who do you have in mind to replace him who is realistic?

MTL_Barca

Some people seem to forget pretty quick, it's almost like Roma 2.0 never happened :lol:

No matter how much Barto or the squad suck, get Valverde out of here. And on his way out he better grab some of his favorite seniors as well.

I just can't take another season of Ernie ball with Suarez-Raki-Busi every game.

snowy

..If you want EV out who do you have in mind to replace him who is realistic?

Sarri's a temperamental maniac but I'd pick him over Valv any day.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/18-quotes-to-explain-maurizio-sarris-philosophy-he-sees-things-others-dont/

My fav is Hervé Renard, the only coach ever to win the afcon with 2 different countries. Dude's the ultimate alpha. He'll sub the non-performing vets without a flinch. One roarrr from him and Barto will flee all the way to Santander :cool:

H R.jpg he's super happy in Africa though, understandly so hehe

These vets need a serious kick in the butt and they won't be getting from the Valv.

Heck, Bielsa is even crazier than Sarri and I'd pick him as well over current manager. It's a miracle he was allowed to stay after turning into Mr. Freeze in Roma 1.0. But to do a repeat botch job all over again. Damn!

Dude had a year to prepare and make sure this would never happen again (⊙_☉)

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I wanted EV out but I'm willing to give him once more chance due to winning 2 doubles in a row and 3rd time lucky for the treble to end his time here as our second most successful manager.

If you want EV out who do you have in mind to replace him who is realistic?

Why just give him one more chance though ? Why not give him several more chances seeing as he is guarenteed to win Barca la liga's and Im sure by the times Messi retires he will win even more la liga's and CdR's. Should become our very own Sir Alex.

BarçaBarça

I would take Pochettino any day of the week, but he has officially said he won't coach Barca because of his Espanyol-past.

Setien would be more frustrating than Valverde. Maybe more goals + going for the big win in matches, but also horrible defence + losing points regularly = no title.
His excuses would fit our forum great, though: "The opposition are a violation of football, because they don't attack and have a pragmatic/defensive mindset. We have the one true playingstyle and should be praised for that, not criticized in any way. Goals from setpieces shouldn't even count." At least I would grow tired of hearing that week in week out when we draw 3-3, and Real takes the lead in the title race. He is too extreme for my taste.

Sarri and Allegri are realistic bids, maybe Tuchel if PSG fire him. I'm not particularly keen on any of them, but let us see how it ends.

FCBfan22

True.
But why:
1. Lucho wasn't able to repeat the same CL success in 2016 and 2017 and had Atletico 0:2, Psg 0:4 and Juve 0:3 defeats?
Did Lucho become dumber, or maybe, our team is hopeless in Europe since then?
And 2015 was a fluke and 4 lucky Months in Europe?
2. Also, why Lucho's formula with motivating and rotations didn't work in the last 18 Months when we ended behind Zidane's Madrid both times in terms of points?
Then EV comes, gets an even worse team (Dembele for Neymar) and wins two doubles?

You can sell an alibi how EV won La liga this year because Real was bad.
What about the last year?
Real was better than us in La liga in 2016 and 2016/17 and won CLs in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
I mean, they weren't THAT bad.

No matter how you twist it, EV wasn't THAT bad and he improved some things, results wise.

** Someone else asked why Semedo is not playing.
Imagine La Liga match at home against a crappy team:
Semedo can't do shit in attack.
Pique and Lenglet also.
Busi is old and lost it.
Raki is old, tired and technically limited.
Arthur played 3 forward passes in his career.
Suarez can't control the ball and play a simple pass.
Coutinho, a turnover machine.

What is left?
Messi and Messipendencia.
Extremely raw and hot and cold Dembele.
And Alba.

Roberto is offering a lot in terms of build up when you look at this team.
Then you will say: then drop Raki and Suarez?
For whom?
Vidal who also isn't a TikiTaka master?
Lord Malcom?
Puig who isn't rated by any youth Spanish Nt coach except from desperate Barca's fans.
Or Alena who is miles even behind grannies Busi, Raki, Vidal?

My point: imo again, this is the weakest squad since Gaspart, except Messi.
Oldies are done and mentally drained.
And youngsters are more or less average and insanely overrated by this board.

In this moment, you can play grannies Raki-Busi or play a midtable level midfield with some Arthur, Alena, Puig combinations.

Or, btw, remember those awesome ideas for Months here where people suggested Dembele, Mesi, Malcom attack so that Malcom could play, lol.

I posted a long posts yesterday about all of our La Masia failed prospects since 2000' in a hope to calm down wild expectations about Alena and Puig.
Both of them have less than 10% chances of making it here.

So you guys, when you are posting lineups for the future, maybe you should stick with Raki-Busi or Busi-Frenkie-Arthur.
Alena-Puig-xx options don't exist in a real world.

And then again, you will understand why is EV playing grannies all the time.
About Arthur being the 4th pick behind grannies, 2 scenarios are possible:
1. Ev is dumb
2. Or we will find out soon that Arthur is s new Dembele or Malcom (or Semedo in attack) and hasn't played for a reason

Well the anser to your 1st question is in my post. Lucho failed miserably in setting up a midfield. No service up front. You isolated MSN and you won. I actually think Ernie is better at setting up the midfield than Lucho positionally, but doesn't give the players any particular roles (that's one of the main reasons why Busi has been shit this season next to his age and speed) and picks too similar players.

Our midfield 3 needs someone who can keep the ball, someone who is great at passing forwards and a tank. Currently EV is playing 3 tanks. Old ones too.

ini4ever

Well any further discussion is useless anyways he's in for next season ... we'll probably win liga and cdr but lose CL and his time will be over by then.
Since I'm sure he'll keep playing old guards next season too, the next manager comes he'll have pretty tough job to do rebuild and win trophies as well.

Cule4life

The Culest
Why just give him one more chance though ? Why not give him several more chances seeing as he is guarenteed to win Barca la liga's and Im sure by the times Messi retires he will win even more la liga's and CdR's. Should become our very own Sir Alex.

#Valverdeforlife

What has a bum like Valgreen done to inspire this level of devotion. Jesus would be jealous :lol:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Manager will fix the problems, what are you on about.

Even if there's a chance we won't win the CL, the younger players still need to be given more chances so that they mature and improve faster. As long as the coach doesn't stick to core players, then it's fine. A step is a step forward, rather than having Valverde we are constantly going backwards.

I haven’t said a new manager wont improve the team, lol. I said that even with a new manager he probably won’t win CL, and by the time he has replaced senior players Messi will be too old. So I’m telling people to forget about a CL until post Messi era.

I should have said “won’t fix problems to the point they will win the CL”, because that was the point of my post. I wrote “a manger alone won’t fix problems” because what’s also needed is the sporting department making the right signings and selling some senior players. A manager alone won’t win with Suarez, Busquets, Rakitic still in the team.

Last edited:

Messigician

Some people seem to forget pretty quick, it's almost like Roma 2.0 never happened :lol:

No matter how much Barto or the squad suck, get Valverde out of here. And on his way out he better grab some of his favorite seniors as well.

I just can't take another season of Ernie ball with Suarez-Raki-Busi every game.

Of course it's bad but the board believe in the managers project. And Valverde has Cruyff's backing. We need to keep faith EV will learn from his mistakes

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans