Ernesto Valverde - V1

PhilS

I agree with Suarez. Players were at fault. Twice. So was the coach. This doesn t mean he should stay.

It means he should go together with some of the important players.

Almost all the players are under long-term contracts, with very high wages. All but a few will still be on the team next season.

pepi

He is the fifth Barca manager to win La Liga in his first two seasons. Not so special when you have Messi. But i cant remember another humiliation in CL like his Roma and Liverpool maches except when we played without manager against Bayern. Its pretty telling imo.

Judoman

He is the fifth Barca manager to win La Liga in his first two seasons. Not so special when you have Messi. But i cant remember another humiliation in CL like his Roma and Liverpool maches except when we played without manager against Bayern. Its pretty telling imo.

There was that 4:0 loss against Milan...

viper76

Just imagine if this crowd won the league last season undefeated and if he won the triple this just with his ugly football it would have been the biggest insult to this proud club history, yes we want our beloved barca to win but not this way .
it's a blessing from god it didn't happen.

And as long as this crowd in charge I will never ever watch a single minute of football,I have deleted all sport channels all twitter feeds all sport apps.

Judoman

He said he didn t remember any other humiliation in CL. For me that 4:0 loss against Milan was worse than the last two disasters, because it was the final game.

pepi

No. Far from it. A final is very different. Give Cruyff Messi and 3 goals lead and will see what happens.

Also you are comparing this Roma or Liverpool with their best players injured to that Milan?

Last edited:

Judoman

Also you are comparing this Roma or Liverpool with their best players injured to that Milan?

No. That Milan team was awesome, but so was that Barca, "the dream team" with the dream coach.
I m comparing emotional pain. To me (personal preference) losing that game was worse than losing this semi final. I wasn t at all content after winning first game 3:0 and i
expected trouble. Sadly, what happened in Lpool wasn t a big surprise, considering the mentality of the players and coach we have.

jairzinho

Has Valverde achieved that much , really ?

Two seasons of boring , frustrating football where Messi saved us time and time again .. two seasons where both Madrid teams have been the poorest I can recall ..

That's precisely my point.

All that has been achieved is a less attractive style and 2 consecutive years of humiliating defeats in Europe.

Even though i would give him some credit for managing the team to two doubles, we were already dominating Spain for years prior to his arrival.

So honestly i really can't say that he has carried this team to new heights.

We have actually regressed in Europe and if we continue under him, we could end up being perennial bottles in CL.

Just imagine if this crowd won the league last season undefeated and if he won the triple this just with his ugly football it would have been the biggest insult to this proud club history, yes we want our beloved barca to win but not this way .
it's a blessing from god it didn't happen.

And as long as this crowd in charge I will never ever watch a single minute of football,I have deleted all sport channels all twitter feeds all sport apps.

Bye. With comments like that you won't be missed.

Home of Barca Fans