Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcilliant

After we lose to Spurs Valverde will be under tremendous pressure. Our Cl away record is terrible and o don't expect it to improve with this game. I expect us to lose 3-1.

Spurs will press hard in certain areas and sit back at times. It's so easy to defend against us. Just clog the middle of the park and give us space in the wide areas.

I think sooner or later Valverde will revert back to his 442.

xXKonan

The only coach I can think of right now that was a long-term Barca player who could get a lot of respect from the team within like Lucho and Pep would likely be Phillip Cocu and he knows how to utilize the 4-3-3 going by his PSV stint.

But while he did well at PSV, his Fenerbahçe reign so far has been a disaster and I'm not sure his work can transition well to a team like ours. There's also Koeman but I'm not a fan of his work at all especially at Everton which led him to get sacked.

mejji^

Valverde has lost me.... there is no clear gameplan in his play, no adaptations midgame, no change of tactics or anything.

Starting Vermaelen as LB at this club? please fuck off.....

But the biggest problem of all is that he is not capable of motivating our players, i dont know if this is due to his general passivity or his reservist character but its obvious he is not the right man for this job anymore (was he ever the right one?).
Hope i am wrong but atm i get bored watching Barca...and this is 100% on him.

mobster_1930

This man is just not right fit. Messi bailed him many times last season, it seems he just doesn't have personality and charisma to motivate players. Along with Tata, worst manager since Gaspart era.

George_Costanza

000_17F6Q2.jpg

George_Costanza

Well, Mourinho might be available. Numerous reports saying Utd have lined up Zidane.

Fuck Mourinho! This is Barcelona, I don't pay money to watch boring defensive football. It's already hard enough for me to watch the current Barca. You are out of your mind to ask for another pragmatic manager who is already finished.

Raketa10

You really think Zidane, a Madridista through and through, would even consider a Barca position? wtf?

You said available not willing to sign for Barca :D. Ok, joking aside Zidane won't come but Conte is available and i rate him much higher than Valverde.

MTL_Barca

If Valverde gets sacked it won't be just because of results but also the style of play the team shows so no way they would just pick a random "big name" currently available.

Valverde plays boring football that has nothing to do with what most people associate with barca but i'm sure they would still at least pretend to care about "barca DNA", la masia and "our style" like they did with his signing because he played ok-good football with Athletic and was a rotational player for us like 30 years ago.

Barca fans and media want titles but also feel "special" even if Barto and friends basically turned barca into a generic club with the only exception being hiring mid table coaches they would still try to win the lottery and get another successful nobody as coach that plays the way fans want to see it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans