Nelson Semedo

FCMessi

don't think he improved that much.

He's always play like this. his weakness has always been headers and reluctance to cross.

He has been held back by Roberto's La Masai pedigree and perceived world class crosses.

Rory

If we had some sort of aerial presence in the box he?d have someone to actually cross to. Much rather start with Braithwaite in the middle over Suarez for that reason alone

JamDav1982

He played very well.

Got up and down right and side all game and was good defensively and made right decisions on ball for most part. Barcas best player with MATS which says it all.

Still depressing to see how he and Alba are almost left by opposition to cross ball without much consequence. Partly because they are not very good at it and because there is not much to hit.

Alba put in good ball from deeper v Mallorca but those are few and far between.

mc_lovin

The weird thing about him is that he should be a much better player. His technique is sharp, hes fast, but I cant think of a single individual moment of brilliance where he created a goal out of nothing.

Altomonte

He was close to doing something special against RM: He completely controlled Vinicius and had an opportunity to score - all he had to do was take another step and shoot. Unfortunately, he did not have the confidence and passed the ball instead. Then Vinicius scored and a great day turned into a disaster.
With Semedo you have the feeling that he is very close to being what Bar?a wants and needs. Maybe we should hire Dani Alves as mentor, or get Xavi (or Pep).
Letting Semedo go would be a mistake.

Andrew M

There's lots to like about Semedo. One of our better signings in recent times probably (not that that says much). He just needs to make that next step up. I say we should keep him unless an irresistible offer arrives

khaled_a_d

He just needs to make that next step up. I say we should keep him unless an irresistible offer arrives

He is 26 (27 early next season) and I doubt there is a "next step" for him tbh
The biggest question about him staying is his wage demands, and I am cautious to give him what he wants (which no club is willing to offer atm) after what happened with Umtiti

Andrew M

He is 26 (27 early next season) and I doubt there is a "next step" for him tbh
The biggest question about him staying is his wage demands, and I am cautious to give him what he wants (which no club is willing to offer atm) after what happened with Umtiti

Indeed you're right to be cautious regarding his wage demands.

Porque

The weird thing about him is that he should be a much better player. His technique is sharp, hes fast, but I cant think of a single individual moment of brilliance where he created a goal out of nothing.

Michael Reiziger syndrome. Has a nosebleed everytime he passes the half way line.

xXKonan

I wouldn't sell unless we get a good offer.

But the rumors are we apparently wanted to replace him with Di Sciglio. But it seems those rumors died down. That would be such a bad downgrade from Roberto and Semedo, you will have to wonder if those guys in the Sporting Department are smoking some good shit.

Home of Barca Fans