Adrien Rabiot

Sorin

It's not for free even if you don't buy him. Free players also demand big on signing fees + bigger wages usually.

So you might take a punt on a cheap talented player now, but wake up in 2 years with the same player on big wages you can't get rid of. I, personally, would not sign Rabiot. We already have talented players with big potential coming up: Arthur and Alena. We need established WC players mids, and I'm sorry but I don't consider Rabiot a WC player now. It's not even like he has such a huge upside either.

Lutece FC

rabiot talented?ok we have different views,i don't want that overrated wuss here

He is simply of one the best in his generation with performances vs Real, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, Monaco ...

Just rewatch Paris S.G. vs Barca last year. I don't like his attitude, his mother who is his agent is horrible and a b*tch, but i would never say that this guy is not telented. Unfortunately he is.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

He is talented, but he also seems to be a bit of a whimp.

Not what we need right now, because we are already selling another whimp, A. Gomes.

ronniecro

He is simply of one the best in his generation with performances vs Real, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, Monaco ...

Just rewatch Paris S.G. vs Barca last year. I don't like his attitude, his mother who is his agent is horrible and a b*tch, but i would never say that this guy is not telented. Unfortunately he is.

good,i hope he stays with you then

FinBarcelonafan

He is talented, but he also seems to be a bit of a whimp.

Not what we need right now, because we are already selling another whimp, A. Gomes.

True. Entitled little bitch, just like Verratti. We don't need their mentality to this team. We have enough entitlement already..

BBZ8800

It's not for free even if you don't buy him. Free players also demand big on signing fees + bigger wages usually.

So you might take a punt on a cheap talented player now, but wake up in 2 years with the same player on big wages you can't get rid of. I, personally, would not sign Rabiot. We already have talented players with big potential coming up: Arthur and Alena. We need established WC players mids, and I'm sorry but I don't consider Rabiot a WC player now. It's not even like he has such a huge upside either.

Rabiot is only 1 year older than Arthur.
How do you measure how much a player can improve?

Why is Arthur, with 22 years, classed here as a guy who has tons of space for improvement?
But, Rabiot, at 23, is classed as "what you see is what you get" and his improving is finished.
Ouch.

It just makes zero sense that a 22 years old guy has so much room for an improvement over way more developed and a proven 23 years old guy.
That's just crazy.

M

MessiCam

Why is Arthur, with 22 years, classed here as a guy who has tons of space for improvement?
But, Rabiot, at 23, is classed as "what you see is what you get" and his improving is finished.
Ouch.

It just makes zero sense that a 22 years old guy has so much room for an improvement over way more developed and a proven 23 years old guy.
That's just crazy.
You can’t judge them like that. You make these sort of statements all the time... It doesn’t matter that he’s played in Ligue 1 (which is about as strong as the Brazilian League) or played 6 games for France.

Arthur is far more suited to Barça’s game than this rich man’s Gomes because;

1. He already plays in a JDP system
2. He is insanely technical and tactical
3. He has the composure of a hippo

What does Rabiot bring other than European experience?

FinBarcelonafan

Ouch.

That's just crazy.

Because Arthur has never been tested vs The world best. He will learn things from other Barcelona players and better opponents he has never seen. He has plenty to learn, not like Rabbit.

BBZ8800

You can’t judge them like that. You make these sort of statements all the time... It doesn’t matter that he’s played in Ligue 1 (which is about as strong as the Brazilian League) or played 6 games for France.

Arthur is far more suited to Barça’s game than this rich man’s Gomes because;

1. He already plays in a JDP system
2. He is insanely technical and tactical
3. He has the composure of a hippo

In my eyes, Rabiot is currently a better midfielder than all our guys.
It depends how each of us rate a player.

You see, on Barca's forum, Thiago Alcantara is a top5 midfielder in the world.
Yet, in Bayern's eyes, he is their 3rd choice or something like that.
On Barca's forum, Arthur is the best young prospect.
For the rest of the world, it is: who the f is Arthur, lol?
On Barca's forum, Arthur is miles better than Rabiot.
For the rest of the world, half of big teams would sign Rabiot right away, while for Arthur, they would reply: lol, who?

So, our forum has an idea and a dream how Arthur's current technical skills will develop into some sort of a Xavi's successor.
I have told numerous times, my estimation is that Arthur will be a classical fail.

So, if Arthur doesn't develop anymore, he will need 3-4 years to get to a playable level for Europe.
For Rabiot, if he doesn't improve even 1% anymore, he will still be better than almost all of our current midfielders.

So, you see, guys here are putting all their hopes into "but he has potential and he can improve" area.
So, the idea is that Arthur has good starting skills and that he will improve and develop a lot here.
While with Rabiot, guys don't like his type of skills, plus guys don't believe that he will improve anymore.
And yet, Rabiot in only 1 year older than Arthur and is for example, younger than Samper, who is here considered as a hot prospect, who can improve a lot.
So, again, Samper, Arthur and other guys can improve and develop, but Rabiot's development is finished.
More or less, Rabiot is on a verge of a retirement :lol:

I don't even want to ask questions like: if Arthur is soooo good, why other teams didn't buy him?
We will hear classical Mundo Deportivo's brainwash answer: he wanted to play only for Barca.
Or, if he is that good, why wasn't he picked for an NT WC squad, yet Paulinho and Renato were? And yet, Paulinho can barely pass the ball, lol.
I mean, I don't even want to ask those questions, because a brain of an average Arthur's fan here will explode while writing crazy alibies and explanations.

So, when you sum it all, there are tons of indications that Arthur is ok, yet meh for a world class level and that Barca's forum is living in their own dreamland, as always.
Yet, Rabiot, who is 5x times more developed and proven player RIGHT NOW is considered as a bad player.

People here are always obsessed with "potential" and with risks and lottery.

So, for me, Rabiot vs Arthur, I would put my money on Rabiot that he will be a better player in 5 years, both for Barca or any top team.
For now, anything indicates in that direction.

Arthur is dominating Brasilian league, and yet a coach picked Paulinho over him.
If he were the next Xavi, coaches would have discovered his amazing talent long, long before.
Not to mention that they see him every week in a Brasilian league.

so, he is a safer bet that he will turn into a world class or at least into a useful player.
His set of skills if far from Andre Gomes.
Rabiot can dribble, play forward passes, score and make tackles.

More or less, everything what Gomes can't.

Because Arthur has never been tested vs The world best. He will learn things from other Barcelona players and better opponents he has never seen. He has plenty to learn, not like Rabbit.

If he'll suck, he will fail.
If he will be as good as you guys are dreaming, he will earn enough of European and a CL's experience somewhere around 2022-2023, more or less.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

In my eyes, Rabiot is currently a better midfielder than all our guys.
It depends how each of us rate a player.

You see, on Barca's forum, Thiago Alcantara is a top5 midfielder in the world.
Yet, in Bayern's eyes, he is their 3rd choice or something like that.
On Barca's forum, Arthur is the best young prospect.
For the rest of the world, it is: who the f is Arthur, lol?
On Barca's forum, Arthur is miles better than Rabiot.
For the rest of the world, half of big teams would sign Rabiot right away, while for Arthur, they would reply: lol, who?

So, our forum has an idea and a dream how Arthur's current technical skills will develop into some sort of a Xavi's successor.
I have told numerous times, my estimation is that Arthur will be a classical fail.

So, if Arthur doesn't develop anymore, he will need 3-4 years to get to a playable level for Europe.
For Rabiot, if he doesn't improve even 1% anymore, he will still be better than almost all of our current midfielders.

So, you see, guys here are putting all their hopes into "but he has potential and he can improve" area.
So, the idea is that Arthur has good starting skills and that he will improve and develop a lot here.
While with Rabiot, guys don't like his type of skills, plus guys don't believe that he will improve anymore.
And yet, Rabiot in only 1 year older than Arthur and is for example, younger than Samper, who is here considered as a hot prospect, who can improve a lot.
So, again, Samper, Arthur and other guys can improve and develop, but Rabiot's development is finished.
More or less, Rabiot is on a verge of a retirement :lol:

I don't even want to ask questions like: if Arthur is soooo good, why other teams didn't buy him?
We will hear classical Mundo Deportivo's brainwash answer: he wanted to play only for Barca.
Or, if he is that good, why wasn't he picked for an NT WC squad, yet Paulinho and Renato were? And yet, Paulinho can barely pass the ball, lol.
I mean, I don't even want to ask those questions, because a brain of an average Arthur's fan here will explode while writing crazy alibies and explanations.

So, when you sum it all, there are tons of indications that Arthur is ok, yet meh for a world class level and that Barca's forum is living in their own dreamland, as always.
Yet, Rabiot, who is 5x times more developed and proven player RIGHT NOW is considered as a bad player.

People here are always obsessed with "potential" and with risks and lottery.

So, for me, Rabiot vs Arthur, I would put my money on Rabiot that he will be a better player in 5 years, both for Barca or any top team.
For now, anything indicates in that direction.

Arthur is dominating Brasilian league, and yet a coach picked Paulinho over him.
If he were the next Xavi, coaches would have discovered his amazing talent long, long before.
Not to mention that they see him every week in a Brasilian league.

so, he is a safer bet that he will turn into a world class or at least into a useful player.
His set of skills if far from Andre Gomes.
Rabiot can dribble, play forward passes, score and make tackles.

More or less, everything what Gomes can't.

If he'll suck, he will fail.
If he will be as good as you guys are dreaming, he will earn enough of European and a CL's experience somewhere around 2022-2023, more or less.

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] you’re making things up...

Thiago is a sort because he is Barça system player not a top 5 midfielder in the world.

For the rest of the world Arthur is highly sort after... Man City, Man Utd etc etc... Who has shown interest in Rabiot other than Braida?

Even the Brazilian national team coach says he is their best midfield prospect. AND he was picked for the Brazil national team on numerous occasions just hasn’t made his debut. He was in the World Cup squad too but got injured.

He represented Brazil at U17 and Under 20 level, took him only a few games to cement his place as a starter for Gremio in his first season...

Further how do you arrive at the conclusion that Arthur will need 3-4 years to improve and that Rabiot is 5x the player when he can’t even match Rakitic in terms of offensive output while playing for a dominant team in a piss poor league.

The thing with Arthur is that his style fits with our system just like Thiago’s and not this thumb sucking numbers you come up with...

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

you talk like he is some kind of a world beater,i'd take alena in a heartbeart instead of this guy

That’s because Arthur is. I actually watch his games and not YouTube compilations. Aleñá is different type of player too, more attacking while Arthur is a deep lying playmaker.

Home of Barca Fans