Adrien Rabiot

Campos

I understand that many of you do not want him at the club, but I personally believe that he would be a great addition. However, we need to get rid of a lot of our midfielders before we get him.

Attacking CM: Rabiot + Alena
Controlling CM: Arthur + Puig
Defensive CM: Busquets + FDJ

That means we need to sell Vidal, Rakitic, Gomes, Suarez, Rafinha and Samper. Loan out O. Busquets.

FDJ can play on all positions.
He's basically an all in one midfielder.

Newcomer

i think he'll end up renewing with PSG with his tail between his legs..

Nah.

Remember the picture he took with some other PSG players with the quote "Work Hard, Play..." ? All those players have been sold during this winter market due to their attitudes. Only Rabiot remains and it is because he wants his signing on fee in next months.

George_Costanza

i'm sure we'll sign him in the end

900.gif

Arizona Scott

I understand that many of you do not want him at the club, but I personally believe that he would be a great addition. However, we need to get rid of a lot of our midfielders before we get him.

That means we need to sell Vidal, Rakitic, Gomes, Suarez, Rafinha and Samper. Loan out O. Busquets.

Puig hasn't shown enough in big boy football to be penciled in a depth chart yet. Alena as 2nd/3rd choice, sure.

It would be no problem to sell most of those players, with Rakitic actually getting a big fee. Vidal I think would be hard with his contract, but he can move to an all out sub role, expensive as he is I think he can still do it well.

Reports out of England (Sky, BBC--with ref to Le Parisien) are saying Rabiot in, Rakitic out. I think it is great business with a good chance of it being very good for the squad. Seems like Rabiot would be the vet to play with FDJ and Arthur but Rabiot is only 23. Could allow Busi to get about every other match off and slowly phased out, and allow FDJ to play more freely and upfield.

MTL_Barca

If Rabiot is ok with playing DM, CM or being on the bench and gets a normal salary he would indeed be a great addition for every team.

But that's the problem, if reports are correct he wants to get his starting spot at CM and a huuuge salary, and at that point he and his mommy can fuck off and try to milk some PL club. We already have enough players with too much power and too high salary, so better not bring another one in.

BBZ8800

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2019/02/16/5c67f588ca47411f088b45fa.html

Media reports in France suggest that Barcelona will complete the signing of Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot this summer.
He has been frozen out of the side for much of the campaign after refusing to sign a contract extension. Citing family sources, Le Parisien report that he is determined to leave the club due to the exile he has been placed in.
The news outlet continues to claim that he already has an agreement with Barcelona in terms of a salary, signing bonus and the project that is in place at the club.
He believes that he will soon occupy the position that currently belongs to Ivan Rakitic, whom the newspaper claims will leave the Camp Nou this summer.
Although there is no official agreement, Rabiot is free to negotiate with any interested parties, as he has been since January 1, due to entering the final six months of his contract.
While his future remains up in the air, Rabiot is still cheering his teammates on, as evidenced by the congratulations he sent to Presnel Kimpembe for his goal against Manchester United at Old Trafford in the Champions League.
However, he no longer feels like he is part of the group and will be part of a new one in the summer, most likely at Barcelona.

Le Parisien and Marca says that he is coming.
Plus, that he will play at Rakitic's position, which some of us predicted long time ago (that he is viewed by the staff as a similar profile to Rakitic, and that the technical staff will look for that type of a footballer in the future to occupy one spot in midfield).

Rakitic will leave in the summer.

Vilarrubi

Raketa10

If we sell Raki for 40-50 mil, bring Rabiot for free and give him the same salary Raki had that would be a very wise move from our side. Business wise I really can't find anything wrong with that deal.

Busi, De Jong, Arthur, Alena, Rabiot and Puig would be a superb midfield. The best of all 5 out of those 6 players are young and have GREAT potential. Only problematic thing could be a lack of muscles. IMHO both Raki and Vidal need to be sold this summer if possible but if Vidal ends up staying Puig should go on loan.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Keep Vidal and don't get Rabiot.

Rabiot and Vidal are not even similar. Vidal brings nothing except increased risk of getting a red card during important CL games. He is past his prime and even in his prime he wouldn't fit us. He should be sold next summer if possible.

Havesaks

If we sell Raki for 40-50 mil, bring Rabiot for free and give him the same salary Raki had that would be a very wise move from our side. Business wise I really can't find anything wrong with that deal.

Busi, De Jong, Arthur, Alena, Rabiot and Puig would be a superb midfield. The best of all 5 out of those 6 players are young and have GREAT potential. Only problematic thing could be a lack of muscles. IMHO both Raki and Vidal need to be sold this summer if possible but if Vidal ends up staying Puig should go on loan.

Totally agree with this post maybe except selling Vidal. Our midfield would be to inexperienced without Rakitic AND Vidal, Sergio would be our only senior player in midfield - thats quiet risky. Furthermore he has proven himself to be a pretty handy tool when used right in certain games mostly as a sub. Especially in Champions League he could be vital. Its to early for Puig anyway to do be part of the first team.

Home of Barca Fans