Copa | Semi-final 1st leg: Atletico Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-2

Iarwain

Messi and Suarez moments of brilliance got us a good result.

Overall was a gret game to watch. 30 shots or something overall :shocked:

Yes, it's always entertaining games when Barca manages to score early, Atleti had to abandon their usual deep tight defending plan.

F

FlaFCB

Enrique's substitutions almost cost us again, absolutely night/day halves.

Yes. Also, Simeone adjusted his tactics. Starting without a cf was a big mistake from Cholo, thankfully to us. That, plus lucho dismanteling the midfield could had costed us. And the problem remains, we can't play well a whole match.

MagIX

We always have big problems with team with that high pressure. We can't go out of our half, long ball are always lost, and our midfield can keep the ball.
Fortunately Simeone has chosen the wrong tactic in the 1st half.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It is perplexing how we shut off Atlético for 45 mins and in next 45 fall apart.

But still, win at Calderon without Busquets and Iniesta is a big feat.

Horatio

You're welcome
It is perplexing how we shut off Atlético for 45 mins and in next 45 fall apart.

But still, win at Calderon without Busquets and Iniesta is a big feat.

I am not sure if it was Barca shutting them off or they did that themselves. 2 early goals were a mental blow to an already less stronger Atletico than we are used to.

Altomonte

I think against strong teams Rakitic remains the best midfield option, ahead of Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, Arda.
Of course, I am assuming Busquets and Iniesta as fixed starters.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure if it was Barca shutting them off or they did that themselves. 2 early goals were a mental blow to an already less stronger Atletico than we are used to.

I think we played well in first half won't take that away from the team. Mascherano held the midfield and we defended well.

One thing fair to note is that ref, again, treated us badly as there was a foul on Suarez before Griezmann scored and Gabi got away without red.

F

FlaFCB

Messi, Umtiti and Alba at risk of missing the cdr final, for yellow cards.

Co0ter

I want Lucho gone.

The one, and only, reason Barca has had some success since he's been there is MSN dragging them through shit into titles.

Hey Gomes is playing awful, like always, let's sub out Rakitic who is having an awesome game instead and replace him with an attacking player who can't defend when you are AHEAD 2-0 AWAY at the Calderon. And then you finally replace Gomes....but with ANOTHER attacking player rofl. I mean that's exactly what I'd do if I was TRYING to lose...

Gomes is just awful. Useless. On top of it he's so damn slow he couldn't even get back to defend on counters even if he tried. I'm sick of watching his lazy ass jogging around. At least we know Paco is useless and dont even play him. With Gomes they are trying so hard to integrate a player that is so painfully, obviously average with no exceptional qualities. On top of it he's tall and bigger but has neither physicality or pace.

Sell while you can. Same with Paco. What the hell did Lucho or the scouts see in these players.

Last edited:

Total-Football

It's incredibly hurting that the originators of tiki taka can't produce 4 passes Under the slighest pressure.. We see a player running towards us and we immidiately pass to the keeper so he can clear. That's pathetic.

blaugrana1987

It's incredibly hurting that the originators of tiki taka can't produce 4 passes Under the slighest pressure.. We see a player running towards us and we immidiately pass to the keeper so he can clear. That's pathetic.
No Iniesta and no Busi. With them, and another technicaly MF (Veratti) we would dominate everyone. Unluckly for us, Enrique decided to go for big and slow MFs.

Home of Barca Fans