Marc Cucurella

LABarcaFan

We were talking here for a months that Barca need to find a substitute for Alba. And finally, when we got that player, the board decided to make a money out of him, instead of securing our left zone. What a idiots are up there. Neymar is the only thing in their mind and how to get some extra money to raise the offer for him. Pendejos.

michelco

Banking on them 40% when the club's record selling fee is 10 ME. Noone sane is gonna offer big money for a player at a club like Getafe, 30 ME is like their whole yearly budget, they have no negotiating powers

MTL_Barca

Considering the rumored selling price was only like 8-10M the 6M + possible 40% aren't all that terrible. It also means buying him back would be cheaper.

But what i don't like at all is that it's a loan with option to buy so they are purely banking on him playing well, without a big pay-off for the risk. I mean for all we know he could also just flop completely.

Last edited:

Messi983

We were talking here for a months that Barca need to find a substitute for Alba. And finally, when we got that player, the board decided to make a money out of him, instead of securing our left zone. What a idiots are up there. Neymar is the only thing in their mind and how to get some extra money to raise the offer for him. Pendejos.

He's not good enough defensively to be a LB.

And those few millions we could potentially get for Cucu wouldn't really drastically improve our chances to get Neymar.

Banking on them 40% when the club's record selling fee is 10 ME. Noone sane is gonna offer big money for a player at a club like Getafe, 30 ME is like their whole yearly budget, they have no negotiating powers

While this is true times and market have changed. Getafe just bought a soon to be 33 years old striker with 6-months of experience in La Liga (Enric Gallego) for 6M and they will apparently sell 32 yo Angel Rodriguez to Espanyol for 8M if Borja Iglesias will be sold.

And Getafe's record selling could easily be broken this summer. Villarreal is offering 15M for Mauro Arambarri (Getafe wants them to pay his clause 20M) and Djene could also be sold for around 20M but for now they are still sticking to his clause which is 35M IIRC. It's possible they'll keep him this season because they are playing in Europe but he could be sold next year. It's possible Barça is also seeing Djene as an option at CB if we sell Umtiti so then being on good relations with Getafe could be helpful.

So it's not impossible they could sell Cucu for 15-20M (I would say it's more likely they could manage to do that than Barça selling him for more than 6-8M) if he'll have a good season. Especially if Bordalas will use him as a LB and improve his defense so he'll become interesting for more teams. Now he's more of a LM which most teams don't use but could potentially also be a good LWB in 3-5-2.

Messi983

zQm2Xdv.gif

God Serena

We have produced a genuine La Liga quality player and we have no interest in giving him even a minute of first team time with us. Shame.

Riordon

Watched him against Ajax tonight, dude did well against Dest. Seeing from Getafe fans that it has been his level this season, good stuff. Should bring him back this summer.

Oh never mind Abidal gave them a ridiculous low buy option.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Wouldn't make it here as a pure LB though. Theres a reason why he was moved forward at both Eibar and Getafe.

Andresito

Staff member
He's a good player but probably won't ever be good enough for the likes of Barca or Atleti. As a backup maybe.

LeeRomeno

He's a good player but probably won't ever be good enough for the likes of Barca or Atleti. As a backup maybe.

Agreed, his max level is around Sergi Robertos. He was really impressive though in game vs Ajax, probably Getafes best player. Amazing levels of energy, bombarded up and down on left wing entire game, created chances was top notch defensively, making some important blocks and interceptions and even in last couple of minutes was still running around like mad. Would be very useful in current state of Barca.

xXKonan

According to Xavi Campos, we are working on trying to recover him from Getafe who has yet to pay his buy clause.

But it depends on if we can sell Firpo.

Home of Barca Fans