Cr150

Morten

He couldn't do wrong in their eyes.

I really dont understand why so many United-fans still loves him, and rate him above a guy such as Rooney, who is actually a club legend for them.
Ronaldo did great, but in the end, he chose to come to RM and spend his best years here, not in United.

BusiTheKing

I actually don't think I've seen him play this well in 3-4 years. Pretty impressive how he sets himself up for big games. I think his massively delusive personality can be a very lucrative trait in some sense.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He is talented, works hard and always has the drive to get the next goal, he has almost perfect physiques, takes care of his body extremely well, very versatile and scores all sorts of goals (his header is definitely better than ever, arguably the best player when it comes to headers these days), so don't expect him to decline any time soon, will continue to cause us hedaches and hearbreaks.

El Gato

Villarato!
I really dont understand why so many United-fans still loves him, and rate him above a guy such as Rooney, who is actually a club legend for them.
Ronaldo did great, but in the end, he chose to come to RM and spend his best years here, not in United.

Can you blame them? Which club wouldn’t like to be able to say one of the best players ever played for them and they basically launched his career? United had many great players, but very few can be mentioned in the same sentence with Cristiano.

Vilarrubi

A typical United fan isn’t from Manchester so you can guess why they started supporting United in the first place, the same reason they follow Madrid etc.. something I’ve never been able to understand. Madridchester fans scattered all over the world.

Alik

A typical United fan isn’t from Manchester so you can guess why they started supporting United in the first place, the same reason they follow Madrid etc.. something I’ve never been able to understand. Madridchester fans scattered all over the world.

Same can be said about any large club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Same can be said about any large club.

Exactly, just look at this forum. How many are actually from Barcelona and Catalonia? A tiny minority.

At one point we were all gloryhunters somewhat as you would never start supporting a club that is not in your city or part of your family tradition without that club either playing attractive football or winning.

Exactly, just look at this forum. How many are actually from Barcelona and Catalonia? A tiny minority.

At one point we were all gloryhunters somewhat as you would never start supporting a club that is not in your city or part of your family tradition without that club either playing attractive football or winning.

+1

That's why always laugh when people call each other gloryhunters or plastics on here.

Anyone who supports a club that they don't have any ties to is a gloryhunter. No point trying to deny it.

Also at least 25% of our fanbase today are Messi fans. People are going to be in for a shock when they see how many fans we lose when Messi eventually retires or leaves. That segment of the fansase will largely move on to supporting the club of whoever becomes their favourite player at that time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
+1

That's why always laugh when people call each other gloryhunters or plastics on here.

Anyone who supports a club that they don't have any ties to is a gloryhunter. No point trying to deny it.

Also at least 25% of our fanbase today are Messi fans. People are going to be in for a shock when they see how many fans we lose when Messi eventually retires or leaves. That segment of the fansase will largely move on to supporting the club of whoever becomes their favourite player at that time.

I don’t think most of us ARE gloryhunters today, to me a true gloryhunter would be someone who switches allegiance from one team to another simply because the latter is playing better and winning more trophies. He or she has no strong emotional attachment to the team that he/she proclaims to support, he/she claims as a fan of XXX team mostly for bragging rights. I don’t think most club fans are like that.

Very good point on the fact that Barca fanbase has a lot of Messi fans. While there is nothing wrong with that and many Messi fans are truly Barca fans but I too suspect that we will be losing a lot of fans and influence and hence revenues around the world once Messi retires. Quite worrisome.

Cule4life

The Culest

Their club is down in the dumps, latching onto Ronaldo gives them a sense of relevance and a time when the best player in the world played for their club.

Plus just like Barca with Messi, a lot of United fans started out as Ronaldo fans.

I don’t think most of us ARE gloryhunters today, to me a true gloryhunter would be someone who switches allegiance from one team to another simply because the latter is playing better and winning more trophies. He or she has no strong emotional attachment to the team that he/she proclaims to support, he/she claims as a fan of XXX team mostly for bragging rights. I don’t think most club fans are like that.

Very good point on the fact that Barca fanbase has a lot of Messi fans. While there is nothing wrong with that and many Messi fans are truly Barca fans but I too suspect that we will be losing a lot of fans and influence and hence revenues around the world once Messi retires. Quite worrisome.

Of course, but most of became Barca supporters in the first place because Barca was a big club that played entertaining football and had a shot at titles.

Now that we're supporters of the club, have invested tons of time and money into it I don't think the many of us would just drop our allegiance to Barca and support another team.

After supporting a club for some time you start to identify with it even if you might not have any geographical or family ties to it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Of course, but most of became Barca supporters in the first place because Barca was a big club that played entertaining football and had a shot at titles.

Now that we're supporters of the club, have invested tons of time and money into it I don't think the many of us would just drop our allegiance to Barca and support another team.

After supporting a club for some time you start to identify with it even if you might not have any geographical or family ties to it.

Yeah, the problem with many of us is that we are too emotionally attached to the club and when stuff like the Tuesday fiasco happens it is so painful and it takes a long time to recover…

Right now I am more concerned about the long term viability (including financial well-being which I personally care deeply about) of our club more than other elements (Messi’s legacy, trophies this season, bragging rights in front of other fans etc.).

Home of Barca Fans