Neymar Jr. - v5

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Chinese clubs d buy him, and may as well pay double that amount of money :coffee:

Nope. New polices set by the Chinese FA dictates that clubs will pay a 100% tax on transfers from foreign clubs so that means if he goes by 100m they will have to pay 200m. They are trying to dampen these crazy transfers so no.

fergus90

I was always on the fence with Neymar. Sometimes he amazed me other times he frustrated the life out of me. Throughout the last months of 14/15 and when Messi was injured in early 15/16 he was incredible. His style of play is always exciting however. When we had MSN, we sacrificed being this complete footballing machine we are again, for an exciting and deadly attacking trio. I have to say I feel a lot more confident without him as a team than I did winning big games when we had him. We are just more balanced and solid.

Xaviniesta

We're so much better without him. The selfish ball hogger was ruining the tempo and balance of the team. He always only passed it to Messi or, ocassionally, Suarez. Glad he is gone.

Meatball

Nope. New polices set by the Chinese FA dictates that clubs will pay a 100% tax on transfers from foreign clubs so that means if he goes by 100m they will have to pay 200m. They are trying to dampen these crazy transfers so no.

Dont underestimate the buying power of China population. With that many people, selling shirts alone for a season or two d be more than enough for clubs there to cover the transfer fee plus 100% tax. The number of ManU fans in China is huge so his shirts and other marketing stuffs d sell very well there I can tell. That's said I don't believe CR ll ever set foot on Chinese league to be honest. The guy's ego knows no bound and its just too much for him to ever go there.

JamDav1982

Dont underestimate the buying power of China population. With that many people, selling shirts alone for a season or two d be more than enough for clubs there to cover the transfer fee plus 100% tax. The number of ManU fans in China is huge so his shirts and other marketing stuffs d sell very well there I can tell. That's said I don't believe CR ll ever set foot on Chinese league to be honest. The guy's ego knows no bound and its just too much for him to ever go there.

No club in the world would get anywhere near 200m profit from shirt sales from one player.

Doubt any would get a tenth of that.

Gilberto

Majority of the money from shirt sales is going to the shirt manufacturer (Nike, Adidas, etc.) anyways, not the club. The clubs get their money from the deal itself, not from the individual sales.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Agree with JamDav and Gilberto, the myth that shirt sales alone would cover the cost of a player has been debunked a long time ago.

jamrock

You never make back the money you use to buy a player there as been many a articles from reputable sources about this, that's not the way it works really

behindbrowneyes

Majority of the money from shirt sales is going to the shirt manufacturer (Nike, Adidas, etc.) anyways, not the club. The clubs get their money from the deal itself, not from the individual sales.

Not anymore. Our new deal with Nike allows us to make 100% of the profit of shirt sales starting from next season. It is 105M fixed + additional shirt sales which will be a lot.

I think we are the first to have such a deal so you're basically right with what you said.

JamDav1982

Not anymore. Our new deal with Nike allows us to make 100% of the profit of shirt sales starting from next season. It is 105M fixed + additional shirt sales which will be a lot.

I think we are the first to have such a deal so you're basically right with what you said.

That is not the deal with Nike dont think.

Would make no sense for Nike to do that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Source?

I found that extremely hard to believe. I mean the very reason why companies like Nike sponsor clubs is to make money from shirt and merchandise sales, if Nike can't make any money from selling jerseys, where would they get the money from? What would be their incentives to sweeten us up with that kind of lucrative deal?

JamDav1982

Source?

I found that extremely hard to believe. I mean the very reason why companies like Nike sponsor clubs is to make money from shirt and merchandise sales, if Nike can't make any money from selling jerseys, where would they get the money from? What would be their incentives to sweeten us up with that kind of lucrative deal?

Potentially someone like Nike may think it is so strong for their brand being associated with Barca they may not look to make too much out of direct shirt sales I suppose.

Never heard that they would give up 105m+ a year to do that though. Seems unlikely.

behindbrowneyes

Source?

Makes sense and I didn't think about it. Just had something in my mind but I'm not sure if I remember it correctly. My Spanish isn't good so it was a struggle to find the original MD article, but here it is: http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...43478679/acuerdo-barca-nike-155-millones.html

Probably misunderstood and it just has something to do with licensing apart from sport equipment whatever is meant by this. However, 155M is a house number compared to the 80M we receive this season.

Meatball

I admit I am not well informed about the matter here. However, I remain confident that with a PR and marketing beast like CR, it's not hard for clubs there to get back the money and even make profit after that. Just saying cuz I know this not gonna happen.

Home of Barca Fans