10 - Lionel Messi - v5

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There has to be some truth to it. And I'm 100% behind Leo on this.

No, it's from El Confidencial.

While in Spain it's journalists and not papers who are reputable(like AS got a couple of more reputable Barca journos than some of the idiots in MD, Sport), El Confidencial overall when it comes to Barcelona is crap.

Not to forget they have an obvious agenda going on against Barcelona and particularly Messi a lot of times, trying to paint the club and Messi like villains or in this case, a proper dictator holding the club ransom.

Horatio

You're welcome
Guys if you look at the overall season, he's on 34 goals from 34 games which is fantastic, CR7 is on 21 goals, so it's not all doom and gloom for Messi's personal stats, obviously the trophy department this season may only be the Copa del rey which is dissapointing for Barca.

Yeah, Messi has been having a pretty solid season so far. Imagine what it would be like if the team was functioning.

No, it's from El Confidencial.

While in Spain it's journalists and not papers who are reputable(like AS got a couple of more reputable Barca journos than some of the idiots in MD, Sport), El Confidencial overall when it comes to Barcelona is crap.

Not to forget they have an obvious agenda going on against Barcelona and particularly Messi a lot of times, trying to paint the club and Messi like villains or in this case, a proper dictator holding the club ransom.

Oh, I completely missed the point. Though we were speaking of Messi's general influence and that he's unhappy.

El Flaco

Messi's goals vs. Leganes

[gfy]ExcellentCelebratedAmericanbittern[/gfy]

[gfy]ExhaustedBarrenBlackwidowspider[/gfy]

[gfy]BlueWindingBlowfish[/gfy]

[gfy]PeskyMassiveCarp[/gfy]

[gfy]BaggyLeafyGuppy[/gfy]

[gfy]AmusedAltruisticGoral[/gfy]

[gfy]AppropriateSomeGharial[/gfy]

DonAK

Some Argentine journalists are speculating that he is seriously considering to return to Argentina after the 2018 WC, with Antonella ready to make the move too :thinking:

Hope it's just random speculation though ofc and he renews ASAP, but I'm sure he'd love having a competent board and management signing competent players and protecting their own players.

There's one journalist in particular and now several prominent Catalan journalists are retweeting his thoughts too. Seem to be legit. Hope it's just a smokescreen though to kick the board in their ass.

https://twitter.com/sagonzalezbueno

The general idea here is;

- Messi has grown tired of the direction the team is heading to, in particular with the signings and close relationship Bartomeu-Robert have initiated with Jorge Mendes. Especially by getting rid of some players, and bringing in suspect signings, the guy want to mention no names here, but I can see Alves might be related to this somehow, considering how they treated him. Dani Alves blasted the board for the same in an interview published today

- Bartomeu and Messi have different views, opinions about how the team should be. One difference in particular is that Messi would like Sampaoli as the new coach while Bartomeu want to appoint either Koeman or Valverde

- Messi has a lot of respect for Lucho, but no chemistry apart from that and lost his belief when it comes to tactics and actually changing a match from the sidelines

- He won't go to another European team, if he leaves it will be to Argentina and it's his dream to play in Argentina and retire there, and if his heart demands it, he might see out his contract and do just that

- Messi think Rosell-Bartomeu are destroying everything the club has stood for, especially when he has been here, just because they're politically motivated by doing so and want to get rid of everything because of their dislike for the previous board and Cruyff presumably

- However Leo's mom doesn't want him to return to Argentina and basically retire his career already so there's that :lol:

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Why would he leave at 31 though? Thats is way too soon. He shouldnt even think of moving back to Argentina until after wc 2022.
I rather have him play in epl for 4 years than already move away next year.

NotInHere

the team is a mess, he either stays and battles the storm, which will not get better overnight, Barca has to rebuild and that takes time. They just got done signing a bunch of worthless players and now they have to get rid of them somehow.

or he leaves to a new club but we all know how this move is gonna be seen with the general public.

Wasted yet another year of Leo

DonAK

the team is a mess, he either stays and battles the storm, which will not get better overnight, Barca has to rebuild and that takes time. They just got done signing a bunch of worthless players and now they have to get rid of them somehow.

or he leaves to a new club but we all know how this move is gonna be seen with the general public.

Wasted yet another year of Leo

No one has a right to question his motives if he decides to leave and go back to Argentina. He's a family man now. There would be many factors that would lead to it, if it actually happens which I doubt.

If anything it should be the end signature of Rosell and Bartomeu's legacies. The Presidents who made Messi leave Barca. If it happens, they should be persona non grata, with the next board withdrawing their memberships for lifetime.

F

FlaFCB

Some Argentine journalists are speculating that he is seriously considering to return to Argentina after the 2018 WC, with Antonella ready to make the move too :thinking:

Hope it's just random speculation though ofc and he renews ASAP, but I'm sure he'd love having a competent board and management signing competent players and protecting their own players.

There's one journalist in particular and now several prominent Catalan journalists are retweeting his thoughts too. Seem to be legit. Hope it's just a smokescreen though to kick the board in their ass.

https://twitter.com/sagonzalezbueno

The general idea here is;

- Messi has grown tired of the direction the team is heading to, in particular with the signings and close relationship Bartomeu-Robert have initiated with Jorge Mendes. Especially by getting rid of some players, and bringing in suspect signings, the guy want to mention no names here, but I can see Alves might be related to this somehow, considering how they treated him. Dani Alves blasted the board for the same in an interview published today

- Bartomeu and Messi have different views, opinions about how the team should be. One difference in particular is that Messi would like Sampaoli as the new coach while Bartomeu want to appoint either Koeman or Valverde

- Messi has a lot of respect for Lucho, but no chemistry apart from that and lost his belief when it comes to tactics and actually changing a match from the sidelines

- He won't go to another European team, if he leaves it will be to Argentina and it's his dream to play in Argentina and retire there, and if his heart demands it, he might see out his contract and do just that

- Messi think Rosell-Bartomeu are destroying everything the club has stood for, especially when he has been here, just because they're politically motivated by doing so and want to get rid of everything because of their dislike for the previous board and Cruyff presumably

- However Leo's mom doesn't want him to return to Argentina and basically retire his career already so there's that :lol:

I just saw that. Bit worrying, and his face yesterday said a lot. No way to know if that guy has a legit source of if he's speculating to get hits, though.

DonAK

I just saw that. Bit worrying, and his face yesterday said a lot. No way to know if that guy has a legit source of if he's speculating to get hits, though.

I think there's some speculation there, but the longer Messi's renewal will drag on, the more likely it becomes IMO. I think if the board messes up again this summer, the relationship between the Messi Camp and The Board will turn really bad.

raskolnikov

All he has to say is me or the board and the board will end up resigning.
Socios are at fault for this though. Why blindly vote for Barto on a msn treble.

SeloBarca

Feel like theres several players that dont like the direction the club is going and how the board is managing the club.
Dani Alves spoke out today about the board having no idea how to run a club and gives no respect.

Home of Barca Fans