10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Hardy

last 2 away games, 0 shots from open play, 0 in 180 minutes. Good luck against stronger teams. Just for the record no blame him, i'm just disgusted by the fact that we have the best finisher in the world and we are not capable to create a shit for him.

dakt

last 2 away games, 0 shots from open play, 0 in 180 minutes. Good luck against stronger teams. Just for the record no blame him, i'm just disgusted by the fact that we have the best finisher in the world and we are not capable to create a shit for him.

Well you can either have that or someone like Ronaldo who has approximately 3892347221 shots per game. As long as he moves attack and creates chances I don't care that much about his "weaker" away stats.

Mitchell1978

Agree, Girona and Getafe both had good efforts but we should be able to create a lot more chances in those matches, dominate more basically.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Girona's high line didn't suit him and he was too crowded and close to it when he got the ball and couldn't release those passes as much as usual.

Boss had an off day, sadly he's only human after all :lol:

Altomonte

Girona's high line didn't suit him and he was too crowded and close to it when he got the ball and couldn't release those passes as much as usual.

Boss had an off day, sadly he's only human after all :lol:

He definitely saved himself for the CL game and did not have to work too hard - Barça won 3:0 without too much extra effort. Maffeo did a nice job, hopefully that's not going to be the recipe copied by other teams.
Having a person mark Messi full time should create opportunities for the others - and it did.

clemente

Maffeo did nothing, they put a player on Messi who stood next to him even when they had possession, it allowed our other players to run forward and get chances, its like they were ok with losing as long as Messi doesnt score.

Total-Football

Anyone noticed how he outran Maffeo? Still got pace.

Messi is freakishly fast still. It's just, unlike his younger self, he can't hold on to full speed for a considerable distance as he used to. I think he's still the fastest player in the team (faster than alba and deuleufo); But the latter can sprint for 40 50 meters easily.

Messi is freakishly fast still. It's just, unlike his younger self, he can't hold on to full speed for a considerable distance as he used to. I think he's still the fastest player in the team (faster than alba and deuleufo); But the latter can sprint for 40 50 meters easily.

He doesn't need to score solo goals from the midfield anymore, he still has crazy acceleration to be able to beat multiple men from the edge of the box and score or assist; imagine if we just had a midfielder who could deliver the ball to him in the final third, right now he has to do it all.

Neeraj

If we had a half decent player in Rakitic's position, Girona's offside traps would have been ripped to shreds with Messi's runs behind the defense. You could see how much Busi was missed. Heck, Fabregas (I couldn't stand the guy while he was here) would have delivered balls on a platter to Messi. But I can't really blame Rakitic; he had to ensure the weight and and direction in his back passes were spot on, it's not his job to look forward after all.

Home of Barca Fans