10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Hardy

Exactly...
Anyway, hope people who vote are full with these CR awards...hope at least Ballon d'Or goes to Messi...is just such a bullshit. Why a team sport is promoted so much with individuals is beyong me...probably, money, marketing...don.. know. It's bad fot football, that.s for sure

he already won since 6 months

M

MessiCam

Exactly...
Anyway, hope people who vote are full with these CR awards...hope at least Ballon d'Or goes to Messi...is just such a bullshit. Why a team sport is promoted so much with individuals is beyong me...probably, money, marketing...don.. know. It's bad fot football, that.s for sure

Stands a better chance of winning the Ballon D’Or now that only journalists vote. With the FIFA awards, it’s coaches, captains and the general public that vote and then weighted equally.

Anyway, these awards mostly go to the best player on the best team. Means nothing... We know better.

Mitchell1978

Stands a better chance of winning the Ballon D’Or now that only journalists vote.

Journalists are the worst, most of them just vote for the biggest star of the team that won the most important prices.
Sneider and Ribery would have won the Ballon d'Or if only journalists voted.

Total-Football

there is only one goat and that s messi.. fat ronaldo is a legend but don't let the nostalgia fool you he had many flaws in his game. there are three goats imo :messi diego and cruyf.. and i might add neuer as a fourth and im serious about neuer.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Journalists are the worst, most of them just vote for the biggest star of the team that won the most important prices.
Sneider and Ribery would have won the Ballon d'Or if only journalists voted.
But they didn’t because the Ballon D’Or was affiliated with FIFA and the voting included all those mentioned. I read not too long ago that the players you mention were ahead on Journalist votes alone.

http://www.givemesport.com/874920-2010-and-2013-ballon-dor-winners-based-on-journalist-votes-only

Last edited:

Total-Football

i have watched fat ronaldo's entire career.. a youtube compilation might make it seem they are comparable (he and leo) they are simply not.. he is still in the legend category tho.. with the likes of zidane iniesta xavi cristiano van baster maldini etc..just not in the goat discussion so lets no be black and white here.. all im saying is that he is not a goat contender despite how lethal he was.

wisconsincule

Surprised to say I give zero fucks about the individual awards anymore. I used to get upset that Cristiano was winning when Messi is clearly better but now it's whatever. Cristiano won the champs league and scored. No chance Messi is going to win even though he's clearly the better player. I'm just happy to be able to see him play week in week out. Some stupid ass award won't take away the fact that Messi is clearly the GOAT.

Total-Football

the probem is that no system is perfect no matter how you do there will be problems. But still .. Hazard voted kante as the best player in the world YOLO moment right there

Mitchell1978

This document is just embarrassing: http://resources.fifa.com/mm/docume.../02/91/68/49/faward_menplayer2017_neutral.pdf

It shows which players each international captain, coach and media personality voted for.

This goes to show how little football these people watch. I mean Suarez was getting votes FFS...

Iniesta and Alves are legends but no way should they have been in the team of the year.
And no way Neymar's performance deserved to be in the top 3.
Award based on reputation and/or star power.

Flavius

43% Ronaldo :))) this is so embarrassing. Also, on the media side is full with cr, that\s a sign who will win Ballon d.Or :)) or are others journalists? Just don.t get this awards

Anyway, I just don.t understand why there have to be 3 ceremonies in 1 year: Uefa Best player, the Best and Ballon d.Or... whats the point giving to the same player each one?lol I mean this is so booooring...I understand UEFA best player is for UCL, but these other two are pretty the same. Marketinaldo everywhere...

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Awards are ridiculous. Everyone with half brain knows Messi is the best footballer on the planet. It's not even close.
Ronaldo won trophies so he won the award which basically defeats it's purpose.

Home of Barca Fans