10 - Lionel Messi - v5

RMU ReBorn

I hope he gets rested sunday. Those Espanyol thugs will look to injure him even more. Also his pass probably wont be an assist since the keeper got a hand to it. Shows how misleading assists are.
I don't know how this shit works . Penaldo choked a point blank chance against Croatia . Keeper deflected it and Quaresma scores -assist (penaldo) . Messi dribbled past two juve defenders and his long range effort deflected by Buffon , suarez scored from rebound . But Messi wasn't credited with a assist .

kilian

Leo, give the ball to someone else from time to time. You don`t have to take every possible freekick that we get.

BBZ8800

He looks exhausted...He should rest more for the CL and especially the WC

For the last 4 weeks he played Wednesday-Sunday all the time.
8 matches in a row.

Till Chelsea's 2nd leg, we have 10 matches (Chelsea matches included).
Messi wants to play every game, EV probably won't rest him.

Let's see what his energy levels will be in key matches of a season : CL 1/8 and CL 1/4 (if we even get there).
For years Messi has stamina problems around March, April and May.

And he is older and older in each new season, so his problems will be bigger and bigger.
Yet, he plays every single game in this worst period of a season (January and February).
Between January 4th and March 4th a team will play 17 matches.
That is 9 weekend matches, 6 Cdr matches on wednesday and 2 CL matches after that.
https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/65/Fixtures/Spain-Barcelona

Let's wait to see 30-years old Messi's levels of energy in CL knockout matches.

Altomonte

EV needs to rest Messi ahead of Chelsea! Perhaps already this weekend against Espanyol. In addition, Espanyol could cause a Messi injury.

Gilberto

I've heard before that Messi doesn't like to be rested, but surely he realises he has to be rested sometimes for his own sake (especially in a long world cup season like this)?

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I've heard before that Messi doesn't like to be rested, but surely he realises he has to be rested sometimes for his own sake (especially in a long world cup season like this)?

He already received a knock on his knee yesterday around 85th minute.
Messi wasn't injured in the last few years and that is just a pure luck considering how much he plays and an average rate of injuries for footballers.

1. he was lucky with not getting injured in previous years
2. he is already 30+ when injuries are more common
3. his stamina is weaker in each new season
4. he has 20 matches in the first 60 days of this year, plus tons of matches after that and a WC in summer

We sometimes act as if he some kind of a robot who can play 100 matches per season without getting fatigued and injured.

Kerrybai

I hope he gets rested sunday. Those Espanyol thugs will look to injure him even more. Also his pass probably wont be an assist since the keeper got a hand to it. Shows how misleading assists are.

I don't know how this shit works . Penaldo choked a point blank chance against Croatia . Keeper deflected it and Quaresma scores -assist (penaldo) . Messi dribbled past two juve defenders and his long range effort deflected by Buffon , suarez scored from rebound . But Messi wasn't credited with a assist .

For what its worth the Messi stats twitter account is giving him the assist https://twitter.com/messistats_ and they use this site for their stats https://messi.starplayerstats.com/en/assists/5/all/0/0/0/218/t/0/1.

Home of Barca Fans