Luis Suárez

henias

Alot people say that about Cristiano as well, but at the end of the day the goals still vastly impact the outcome of the game. That's ultimately the job of a poacher, they just score goals in whatever situation they can and has alot of technique up their sleeves to beat the keeper or defenders and that includes their power and placement of their shots. People seem to forget even during Pep's Barca the front 3 were very good at shooting and give them any situation they are more likely to score. Outside the box, inside, tight angles, they can create space for themselves with drop of the shoulder, or taking on/accelerating past a defender. They made it look easy but their role is absolutely crucial.

Even Dembele who is still in the developing phase, coupled with injury periods, is not conservative and has the ability to put the ball at the back of the net. With his dribbling ability and pace he could be unstoppable, though he can be utterly inconsistent. But still the one who provided the crucial winning goals against teams like Atletico, and Chelsea to name a few.

Sure, you can say we must yearn for that 100% pass rate, no dispossession, safe passing, but if you can't score then there's no purpose to it. There was a time when we were toothless until we created MSN. I think people confuse these roles for the midfield job who needs play more safe and control the game so they can build up/create chances for the forwards.

Suarez is genuinely up there in terms of numbers be it with Ajax, Liverpool or Barcelona, and is considered one of the best strikers of the generation. His 13/14 season with Liverpool was just a straight up masterpiece. He always delivers goals.

The sole reason Suarez couldn't properly retire from his duties is the club not making proper replacements like they did with MSN. It's not his fault that we still need him at times and not his fault that he is declining like any player would eventually. I don't ever think it was his fault when the manager used to play him almost every game with no rest.

I do hate his antics on the field, but other than that, he truly is a generational talent and legendary player.

LABarcaFan

[MENTION=23413]Respekt_III[/MENTION] go home mate, you're drunk

Hopefully we can get someone who can actually score for the remaining of the season, otherwise we are looking at no trophies

One names comes to my mind at this moment (Timo Werner), but he wouldn't leave RB Leipzig till the end of the season. I wish we can have him now, but it seems impossible.

serghei

In the summer we should go shopping either for a 100% winger (no midfield-winger, forward-winger or players like that who aren't easy to integrate) or for a clear killer-instinct striker who is used to playing between defenders.

Devils

Of course we miss him.

He was like 60% of our attack over the past 2 months.

He was either scoring or assisting (multiple times even) every single match.

Home of Barca Fans