Luis Suárez

LABarcaFan

I can understand your speech if he was playing a bad season before injury, instead I think he was doing well, in LaLiga and UCL.

Clearly time goes by for each of us and Barca has to find, soon or later, his substitute, also because now we don't know his phisical shape when he will return.

No easy to find a striker like Suarez (my personally opinion), then, for the moment, we have to wait for his fast return.

Real Benzema
City Aguero
Bayern Lewa
Liverpool Firmino
Psg Cavani

As you can see, top clubs keep their strikers for a long time because is not so easy to find others like these.
The same thing for Barca.

Yes. The top clubs keeps their strikers. So did Barcelona with Luis Suarez. He signed his contract on July 11,2014, which means, we have kept him for 6-7 years.That is a good amount of time. Having in mind that our board has loaned/sold all our strikers from Barca B, if we bring any replacement at the moment, he will be a temporary option. In the summer they will sign the permanent central forward, so Luis can stay for one last season as a sub for 15-20 minutes, whenever is needed. That will make King Leo very happy.

Giginho75

Yes. The top clubs keeps their strikers. So did Barcelona with Luis Suarez. He signed his contract on July 11,2014, which means, we have kept him for 6-7 years.That is a good amount of time. Having in mind that our board has loaned/sold all our strikers from Barca B, if we bring any replacement at the moment, he will be a temporary option. In the summer they will sign the permanent central forward, so Luis can stay for one last season as a sub for 15-20 minutes, whenever is needed. That will make King Leo very happy.

For sure, if Barca will buy a great striker next summer, Suarez will still want to be the main delantero.
I don't think he will accept a back-up role.
Anyway it's February, it will be better to postpone this argument and to focus on UCL 😜

LABarcaFan

For sure, if Barca will buy a great striker next summer, Suarez will still want to be the main delantero.
I don't think he will accept a back-up role.
Anyway it's February, it will be better to postpone this argument and to focus on UCL ��

If Luis does not accept a back-up role he can always go to Miami, Florida and join D.Beckham's site INTER Miami.

Andresito

Staff member
Or back to Ajax, like Huntelaar did. Those are the top two choices I see him moving on to.

You'd have to take his family into account. I don't think they'll want to move to Holland for 1-2 years only to move again, because I don't think he'll want to live there for a longer period. USA is more probable in this case.

Giginho75

If Luis does not accept a back-up role he can always go to Miami, Florida and join D.Beckham's site INTER Miami.

Points of view.
In my opinion he's still able to play for a top team and Barca can sell him only after buying a great prospect or a top striker of the same level.
But the question is...Who? And how much?

LABarcaFan

Points of view.
In my opinion he's still able to play for a top team and Barca can sell him only after buying a great prospect or a top striker of the same level.
But the question is...Who? And how much?

Today Barca finally signed a player, who suppose to be his replacement, but Braithwaite is not the right person in my opinion. And they gave him what?.. 3.5 years contract? Ridiculous!
As soon as Luis comes back, he will be the starter, unless this new guy somehow proves everyone wrong. One thing is for sure. Leo likes to play with Luis. They are family friends. I am sure, he will continue to feed Ansumane, instead of this new guy. It is going to be very interesting to see how Alba, S.Roberto and Arturo will deal with him.

snowy

Yes. Ajax is also an option for him, but I think his wife will prefer the warm weather of Miami, than the rains and humidity of Amsterdam. But that will be his choice, not ours.

Why Miami? If States side, he'd probably head for LA right?

Not just the rain showers! I was in Amsterdam just the other day. Crazy zany winds! Wings got lift off on the puff puff :lol:

LABarcaFan

Why Miami? If States side, he'd probably head for LA right?

Not just the rain showers! I was in Amsterdam just the other day. Crazy zany winds! Wings got lift off on the puff puff :lol:

Well, there was rumor going about 3 months ago that Suarez will join David Beckham's expansion team Inter Miami this summer, but he may stay for one more year to fulfill his contract and then move there. It'll all depend from the performance of Braithwaite. We have to wait and see what happens.

I know how is it in Amsterdam this time of the year. It is really crazy. I have been there several times.

LABarcaFan

We may not see a striker of his calibre play for Barca again in the next half-century. You only know what you're missing when it's gone.[/QUOTE]

50 years is a little bit long frame of time, but in general you are right. We may never find another striker from his level. Unfortunately, like everything else in this life, all good things comes to an end, sooner or later.

KingLeo10

We may not see a striker of his calibre play for Barca again in the next half-century. You only know what you're missing when it's gone.

50 years is a little bit long frame of time, but in general you are right. We may never find another striker from his level. Unfortunately, like everything else in this life, all good things comes to an end, sooner or later.

Lol, calm down. Suarez is great but not that great. In the last 30 years, R9, Eto'o, and Romario played striker for us. Eto'o on similar level, and both Romario and R9 are clearly superior to Suarez.

LABarcaFan

Actually no one. IMO this is the worst period in terms of future talents. Football has never experienced this level of lack of talent at least since the 70s. 100M+ for this nobody is an insult to past players.
I understand that many big clubs are looking for future #9 and there aren't many good options hence that led to the current price but he isn't worth the price and nobody is in the current market.

When we say descent striker, we have in mind someone who can score 20-25 goals in one season and provide with 10-12 assists. But that kind of a player in today's market will ask for 100+ million. That is why, I have been vocal advocate for Barcelona to sign Timo Werner in the summer.60 mil. is a fair price for him because he fits the bill of descent striker. But to pay 200-220 mil. for players like Mbappe or Neymar is total absurd.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Lol, calm down. Suarez is great but not that great. In the last 30 years, R9, Eto'o, and Romario played striker for us. Eto'o on similar level, and both Romario and R9 are clearly superior to Suarez.

Luisito will go down as the greatest 9 the club has ever had

Home of Barca Fans