Barca Transfers and Rumors

FCBfan22

Neto+10-15M for Jasper would be ok.

Or if they also want Denis and Rafinha I would take Denis+Rafinha+Cillessen for Neto+30-40M.

Before doing any deal with them I would still prefer to see what we can get for JC from EPL teams.

Me too. But we are notoriously bad at selling. IMO we should get cca 35-40 million from EPL from him.

FC433

^
30m is a bit low and we do not even need Neto. We are taking him just to let the deals get done.

JC, DS and R = Neto + at least 40m or just 60m for the three of them without Neto being included.

Sidewinder

convenient to leave out leave out #8. our 2nd highest minute cb is a young player in his 1st year. how many minutes did OD and Arthur play per match when they were available, let alone fully fit?

yes a myth. when 3/4 were fully fit they were regular starters, and semedo got right at 50% of the rb minutes despite his performance metrics not as good. "young players" who performed better than alternatives played when fit, period.

Lenglet became a starter purely because umtiti got injured. the coach loves the oldies. not the young players. it's not a myth, it's reality. roberto is a poor rb and still got more minutes than semedo, who's the back up. arthur and alena should had more minutes than they got.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Lenglet became a starter purely because umtiti got injured. the coach loves the oldies. not the young players. it's not a myth, it's reality. roberto is a poor rb and still got more minutes than semedo, who's the back up. arthur and alena should had more minutes than they got.

Umtiti himself isn't old player, was 23 when EV took over
Roberto abd Semedo is less than 2 yeara apart, doubt he is playing due to his age

Messigician

We don't need a new striker Messi can play there perfectly fine.

We need to fix out left wing. Hazard would have been great, Neymar was great, and I personally think we should go all out for Neymar as he us the only left winger I can think of who woukd reduce the messidependnece, Bayern woukd have knocked us out in the treble winning season if it weren't for Neymar being clutch.

In 2 years time Neymar Messi Dembele isn't such a bad frontline no?

Sidewinder

Umtiti himself isn't old player, was 23 when EV took over
Roberto abd Semedo is less than 2 yeara apart, doubt he is playing due to his age

roberto plays because he's catalan, from la masia(so bartomeu can boast about a cantera player that made it) and scored that goal vs psg. because he has no business being a starter or captain for barca.
my point is more that umtiti was already here. if he was fit, he'd keep playing, no matter how awful, and lenglet wouldn't. just like ivan, luis, sergio and roberto.

underoath

Banned
roberto plays because he's catalan, from la masia(so bartomeu can boast about a cantera player that made it) and scored that goal vs psg. because he has no business being a starter or captain for barca.
my point is more that umtiti was already here. if he was fit, he'd keep playing, no matter how awful, and lenglet wouldn't. just like ivan, luis, sergio and roberto.

Or maybe because Semedo is really not that good. You people just love him so much because he's fast. Who do you want to put if you remove Suarez, Ivan, Sergio ?

abbbs97

Exactly all of this. Roberto is an average player that doesnt deserve to start any major games. The ONLY reason why he's still here is because he's from La Masia. You can bet that a manager like Pep or Klopp would never let him play. Let alone being a fucking captain over the likes of Ter Stegen.
Lenglet would've been sold by now if Umtiti didnt get injured cause Shitverde would've always played Umtiti over him.

Messi983

Me too. But we are notoriously bad at selling. IMO we should get cca 35-40 million from EPL from him.

It was reported weeks ago he prefers to go to a club which plays in CL. None of the top 4 EPL teams need a GK. Maybe Everton (but first some other GK transfers need to happen - De Gea to PSG??, Pickford to United? and this could take time; can we wait or must we sell Jasper this month to balance the books is the question here?) or West Ham could convince him with higher wages but it's very unlikely any of those clubs will qualify for the CL.

^
30m is a bit low and we do not even need Neto. We are taking him just to let the deals get done.

JC, DS and R = Neto + at least 40m or just 60m for the three of them without Neto being included.

Well, we'll need a GK if we sell JC.

Denis isn't worth more than 15M, Rafinha even less with just a year left on his contract and coming off a serious injury. So I'll take whatever we'll get for them.

F*ck helping Valencia. They are a direct rival. Didn't they just beat us in the CDR final.

I don't consider them as title contenders and if their offer is the best we'll get I have no problem selling to them.

Arizona Scott

When Umtiti came back, Lenglet was still the starter, and he started over other veterans too. Arthur was a regular starter over Vidal when he wasn't injured or recovering from injury. Dembele was the same. We can all see Semedo's talent but his performance is not as good a Sergi--look at objective ratings. The fact Semedo got slightly over 50% of the RB minutes more says he was favored on potential (his upside is a lot better as a RB than Sergi) than performance.

Your younger and out perform veteran alternatives, you will play. I mean i want to see Valverde gone, but assuming he stays anyone want to bet me De Jong isn't a top 2 minute getter among midfielder next year? If him and Arthur are both healthy I would wager they become 1-2 in midfield minutes and I would wager Lenglet gets the most minutes again in LCB. All young players.

gasgas

.................mats
Semedo..pique...lenglet....alba
.de jong......arthur.....ndombele
..dembele.....messi....suarez

Home of Barca Fans