Barca Transfers and Rumors

xXKonan

Would give Wague a chance to be Semedo's backup.

Despite his age, he has a lot more experience than Miranda and any of the other Fullbacks we have in the B team.

FC433

I would not have Wague as a backup. From what I have seen, he has got a lot to offer and I prefer if we loan him out to develop. He seems really promising. Both Miranda and Wague should 100% be loaned out.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Absolutely yes

Come on............ The guy cant even fucking sub off Suarez after that shitshow against Lyon , but somehow he would demote Suarez to a bench player in order to fit in Dembele. If only we had a precedent were a player played really well in a big game let's say Real Madrid for example only for him to get benched some more , cant think of anyone unfortunately. :coffee:

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Come on............ The guy cant even fucking sub off Suarez after that shitshow against Lyon , but somehow he would demote Suarez to a bench player in order to fit in Dembele. If only we had a precedent were a player played really well in a big game let's say Real Madrid for example only for him to get benched some more , cant think of anyone unfortunately. :coffee:

He isn't gonna fit Dembele, he is gonna fit Griezmann. Huge difference.
EV won't go for 3 CF/SS in Messi/Griezmann/Suarez.
He doesn't bench Suarez because we don't have alternatives, unless you are seriously thinking Malcom is alternative, which surely he isn't

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He isn't gonna fit Dembele, he is gonna fit Griezmann. Huge difference.
EV won't go for 3 CF/SS in Messi/Griezmann/Suarez.
He doesn't bench Suarez because we don't have alternatives, unless you are seriously thinking Malcom is alternative, which surely he isn't

Im not exaggerating but with Suarez in this pathetic state , Id rather play without a striker infront of Messi than with him. Dembele-Messi-Malcom should be more than fine. Malcom proved his worth in that Clasico being the best player for Barcelona and Im sure he will do his role just fine. Also would like to mention that his off ball movement is really great and Messi can benefit from that aswell.

khaled_a_d

Im not exaggerating but with Suarez in this pathetic state , Id rather play without a striker infront of Messi than with him. Dembele-Messi-Malcom should be more than fine. Malcom proved his worth in that Clasico being the best player for Barcelona and Im sure he will do his role just fine. Also would like to mention that his off ball movement is really great and Messi can benefit from that aswell.

I don't believe Malcom has proved anything other than being a decent 2nd/3rd option at wings depending on Coutinho form.
Malcom has been bad in almost every other game except good 5 minutes against Inter, he was only good when we face a team that doesn't park the bus and leave him with space, the clasico game was perfect for him with out of form Marcelo and ton of space in front of him, that won't happen much in Barca.
I don't agree with the Dembele-Messi-Malcom, need to face an opponent to play on our strength to allow that frontline to work, need everything to click, very doubtful it work.

But this is a side argument, Griezmann is just on another league than Malcom same as Dembele, he is a direct replacement for Suarez albeit being questionable as true 9 (main reason I didn't want him last season) which can't be said on Malcom/Coutinho at all.

FC433

Who would you prefer:

Icardi 26 (not linked but available)
Nicolas Pépé 23 (he is a RW)
Timo Werner 22
Maxi Gomez 22
Marcus Rashford 21
Luka Jović 21
Patrick Cutrone 21 (not linked but available)
Rafael Leão 19
João Félix 19

Messi983

Jović or Gomez.

Icardi is too expensive and not a fit IMO. Pepe is a RW, United won't sell Rashford and the last three on your list are not proven enough. Benfica will also demand crazy money for Joao Felix and I don't think Cutrone wants to leave Milan now that they are finally starting to build a good team eventhough he's not a starter there.

As I've said some time ago I wouldn't mind buying Jović now and get first option on Rafael Leao and bring him in a year or two if he'll develop well. If he's not too expensive we could also buy him now and leave him on loan at Lille but probably not likely because they will try to drive up his price before selling.

We'll eventually need two new strikers as I don't have much faith Abel Ruiz will make it and that new Brazilian kid in Barça B is probably a longshot too. And well, it's possible Jović/Gomez/whoever we'll buy this summer will fail so it would be good to have a backup plan in a year or two.

khaled_a_d

Right now if the club feels that Felix can occupy the no 9 position he is my choice. He seem to have the talent and instincts to be a great mobile scorer. Can also be that CF/LW type of attacker when we try to use Messi in the middle

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Who would you prefer:

Icardi 26 (not linked but available)
Nicolas Pépé 23 (he is a RW)
Timo Werner 22
Maxi Gomez 22
Marcus Rashford 21
Luka Jović 21
Patrick Cutrone 21 (not linked but available)
Rafael Leão 19
João Félix 19

Probably Jovic right now and Rafael Leao or Felix next year depending on who develops better.

Home of Barca Fans