Barca Transfers and Rumors

Sweden

Coutinho are a good player indeed but i see two problems with him.
His injuries and his poor physique.

Barca and PSG has both pressconf tonight with 30 min apart. Could be nothing.

jamrock

We are losing the arms race that is modern football and if we were smarter about how we do things, give the youth a chance to fill the squad roles in out team and save money to buy truly WC players than we improve us, we would have a very special team right now.

Jombi

We are losing the arms race that is modern football and if we were smarter about how we do things, give the youth a chance to fill the squad roles in out team and save money to buy truly WC players than we improve us, we would have a very special team right now.

Chasing "truly WC players" is definitely part of the problem as that implies chasing starters from rich clubs. Verratti, Thiago Silva, Coutinho, Hazard etc etc. Its a strategy of no vision or imagination whatsover. Its completely hopeless. Meanwhile, RM are stocking up on countless players in their early 20s or teens, always preparing for the future. Ceballos on the cheap, Theo, perhaps Mbappe, players they can keep for at least 10 years. They've done it for years.

eaman

Coutinho are a good player indeed but i see two problems with him.
His injuries and his poor physique.

Barca and PSG has both pressconf tonight with 30 min apart. Could be nothing.

Coutinhos physique is pretty similar to iniestas and that is the position he would play

Zincubus

Banned
Coutinhos physique is pretty similar to iniestas and that is the position he would play

He also toughened up considerably over the last two years and as regards the injuries the other guy referred to I only recall one injury for a few weeks last season ...

Sweden

He also toughened up considerably over the last two years and as regards the injuries the other guy referred to I only recall one injury for a few weeks last season ...

Six weeks and 10 games missed to be accurate.
Season before that 12 games missed.

Maybe he just been unlucky but thats 30% missed games.

Compare that to Erikssons 4 missed games in total last 3 seasons.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

So as a change of Neymar saga, I was thinking about the squad we have, as right now we have 27 1st team squad players with only 2 GKs.I remember Pep said before that the perfect number for squad that the manager can work with is around 22. Usually we have around 24 or 25 when we have 3 GK.
We surely need one more signing, so that will make it 28. we will need to cut 4 players.
Douglas is a clear name,then come Vermaelen and Munir. Arda seem like a popular name, but what if he doesn't leave? Do we keep 25 players with very crowded midfield? or do we let Samper or Denis? Or there is an offer for Rafinha?
I mean it doesn't really makes sense to keep all those players, not enough playing time for all of them. RM last season had 24 man squad with 3 GK and Mariano who played 300 minutes in toatl and no one complained about their depth

Ronaldinho10

FM-2017-player-profile-of-Renato-Sanches.jpg

Renato Sanches
Position: DM/MC/AMC
Role: roaming playmaker / ball-winning midfielder / deep-lying playmaker / regista / box-to-box midfielder
Club: Bayern Munich
Nationality: Portuguese
Value: £27 million
Price tag: N/A (patch 17.2)

Reports coming in he is not happy in bayern and may look to leave this summer. Up for grabs?

Home of Barca Fans