Barca Transfers and Rumors

gatsu

Bellerin seriously...

Hope that Valverde will be able to pull some magic to make up for this board incompetence. Otherwise hell awaits us.

Next season will be promising...someone ask the rat bartomeu what the hell barca dna means.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

This Barca DNA thing has become a joke. It started off with that jinx Cesc.

IMO we need Two quality signings at right back and midfield. If we spend 120 million on both that's fine. We need quality though.

serghei

I find it underwhelming to be honest. Would rather spend a lot of money on another midfielder and run the 4-3-3 than have Deulofeu as starting RW in a 4-2-3-1. I see where the club is coming from when or if they want to bring Deulofeu back, but it should be as a super-sub, rotation option.

I saw your post about Bellerin and you make some good points about his physicality and pace, but what I'm worried about is his technique. It's all great to have pace, but when he'll face teams defending deep, I'd prefer our RB having great close-control, decent dribbling ability and some creativity.

I don't see Bellerin doing well there. He can dribble players in open spaces using his pace effectively, but when he has little to work with, he'll need to keep the ball better and from what I've seen of him, he isn't very good there.

I see the comparison to Carvajal, but he's far better in those aspects of his game and a great crosser, while Bellerin is an awful crosser. The biggest complaint I see from Arsenal fans regarding him is actually his crossing.

I think there is better value on the market if we're going to empty our pockets for a RB. I like Nelson Semedo better, and then you have other options such as Sidibe too although I'm not his biggest fan.

Guys like Hysaj who's similar, but a much better crosser and a better passer IMO. Guess you can add Fabinho to the list as well.

I think we're buying too much into this Barca DNA thing again just because he was a former La Masia player, but it looks like Arsenal and Wenger sucked all that DNA away from him and instilled some English Football, London values instead.

I know that all of those RBs I mentioned could be a risk too, as the market is not great at the moment, but I'm worried about this nonetheless. Just don't want this to drag on the entire summer where Arsenal insist on not selling him while we lose out on one alternative after the other.

Cannot fail to replace Dani and sign a proper RB for the second season in a row. Especially when we've done the same in other positions and put our sporting project in jeopardy.

I find it underwhelming too tbh, but it can also be much worse than that. Considering that we're run by people who are far from being experts at their job.

About Bellerin, his technique can improve, but here is the thing. We can use our RB in a couple of ways. We either use him in the midfield line, in which case he will have to have playmaking skills and use his speed more to make runs in space, or we can use our attackers more inside and place our fullbacks as wingers, which would allow our attackers to play in a more dinamic formation. In this case, playmaking ability is not as important. They occupy positions that have to be marked, that alone can be used by good managers to create much needed space for your star players. If they are not marked, fullbacks can be dangerous.

Carvajal plays like that. He sometimes is not marked, and in those moments, because he is fast and is a great crosser of the ball, he can cause trouble. If he is marked, then more space appears in the center. When Carvajal is marked, he is not passed to. Almost never. Because he is not a very technical player who could dribble an opponent or cause superiority on his own. So Carvajal, like Bellerin would be, are not players that create superioriy with their skill. But, instead, players that take advantage of space being created for them tactically, by having teammates which are much bigger threats on the ball.

The problem is we do not have a player like Marcelo. Marcelo is a player that is passed to even when there is marking there on him. Because, like Alves, he doesn't get scared when he is marked and can even maneuver the ball in those scenarios. So, we don't have a wide player like Marcelo who can create superiority even while under marking. Neymar is that, but Neymar should be the one making runs, not the one to play close to the sideline trying to do what in modern football the fullbacks do.

But even if we, with Bellerin, will not have players who would be able to build attacks on the wings due to them not having enough playmaking skills, this was not our strenght to begin with. Only in 2014-15 we played like that, and it has proven to be unsustainable.

Our strength will be increased when MSN would play more inside. Fullbacks will be used wide, as wingers, and will be passed to only when the opponent closes down our attacking trio. Because they will not be able to do that while also keeping a close eye on Alba and Bellerin. And when you give space to Alba/Bellerin, you suddenly empower them. They can hurt you in those situations.

So, imo, we need to forget our Alves-type of playmaker-fullback. Fullbacks need to be used as wingers, while our wingers cut inside. And in this case, you need fullbacks that are super fast, in order for them to get from winger position to RB position when doing the transition in defense, not necessarily fullbacks like Marcelo/Alves (although Alves was a physical beast too). We basically attack with a 5 line, with Messi slightly more towards the midfield, in a false 9 similar role.

Valverde said something interesting in the presser. That he wants to play from inside out. This is true. We need to control the midfield at all costs, and from there we decide when to insist centrally, and when to go wide, to the fullbacks-wingers. Ideally, when you can go center, you go center, and only when the opponent leaves a lot of space wide, you go wide. But to make those calls, you need 1) possession of the ball, and 2) control in midfield. We have 1) and we can have 2) again if we move well in the market.

The classico on Bernabeu gives me hope. Messi played in his false 9 role imo, and it worked. Maybe we should try that again because it's one of the ways in which we can play our trio closer together and also more dynamic. They also can press better if they are not spread over 80m wide.

If we get a good CM that can pass and orchestrate the play, we can go for Bellerin for sure. Seri is a good option, one of the best.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

I want this to be our line-up next season. But seems impossible...

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegan
0-0-Pique-0-Umtiti-0-0
Bellarin-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-Busquets-0-Verratti-0-0
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-Dembele-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Was just going to say in before we sign Dembele, Veratti, Bellerin AND Davison Sanchez. I would settle for Dembele, Bellerin, Seri/Kieta/some other CM not named Veratti and Sanchez (which all are possible if we wanted to splash the cash)

Giginho75

famous sport program of sky italia said tomorrow verratti's agent will be to barcelona to meet fcb board...

then there is something of true...
let's see if there will be space for a real offer.

Barcilliant

famous sport program of sky italia said tomorrow verratti's agent will be to barcelona to meet fcb board...

then there is something of true...
let's see if there will be space for a real offer.

Oh boy, here we go again.....

I hope we don't miss out on Seri because we chase VERRATTI in vain

xXKonan

[tw]872221080995475458[/tw]

If we do sign him, if you thought BBZ's rants about Neymar are bad, oh boy Costa would make him rage :lol:

Zincubus

Banned

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegan
0-0-Pique-0-Umtiti-0-0
Bellarin-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-Dembele-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

That would do me although I'd have Van Dyke above Umtiti ...

Sepuldinho

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegan
0-0-Pique-0-Umtiti-0-0
Bellarin-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-Dembele-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

this will cost 200M+ imo.

Barcilliant

Apparently we have agreed terms with Bellerin. Now we're just waiting for Arsenal to rip us off with the transfer fee. Expect Bellerin to cost 60 million plus.🙄

Home of Barca Fans