Lucas Digne

Cool

One thing needs to be said is he is not as fast as Alba, if Alba was instead of him, I thing he would've caught up with the player.

serghei

One thing needs to be said is he is not as fast as Alba, if Alba was instead of him, I thing he would've caught up with the player.

He is fast, but he wrong footed himself by not estimating in time that the opponent was always going to get to the ball in front of him. From then he was dead, because by the time he realised what's happening the other players was already in full sprint.

Cool

He is fast, but he wrong footed himself by not estimating in time that the opponent was always going to get to the ball in front of him. From then he was dead, because by the time he realised what's happening the other players was already in full sprint.

I'll take another look at if if someone is kind enough to post a GIF, but, I still think that he doesn't have Alba's burst of speed.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Digne has some decent pace, it's just not Blistering Alba quick.

He has that warrior mindset and you could easily tell he wants to be a starter badly. He still has somethings to work on but I do like his mentality.

Cool

Digne has some decent pace, it's just not Blistering Alba quick.

He has that warrior mindset and you could easily tell he wants to be a starter badly. He still has somethings to work on but I do like his mentality.

Correct, yeah, I love his mindset and I think he'll improve.

xXKonan

When I think about it more I think Lucho, found his emergency CB solution in Digne.

When the stars align in the worst possible way with Pique-Masche being out and Umtiti and Mathieu only being available and one of the two either getting injured in game or feeling a knock or just getting subbed of for rest this is where Digne comes in.

assuming Lucho also doesn't call up Marlon etc either. I'm not talking about using him every now and then there but in the very rare case like what happened today. He also played as a CB for the final 20 mins vs Hercules during the first leg during the Copa Del rey.

I trust Digne to play as a CB than Roberto and it prevents us from having to handicap Busi.

barcanuck

Doesn't add much. If he doesn't have blazing speed or size to compete on set pieces what's the point. His leash will be short next year could be his last if he doesn't improve.

Galning

He wins a lot of headers despite his length. Comparing his speed to Alba is useless as well because how many players are quicker than him?

JamDav1982

Did well when he came on.

In same way Chelsea do it with Aczi you can get away with a full back in that back three if they are strong defensively.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe the best buy last summer as Umtiti seems to be struggling recently whereas former Roma man consistently plays well.

Home of Barca Fans