Lucas Digne

draconifire

What has happened to him, didn't even make the squad list this time. Really fell out of favor. Didn't think he did anything particularly bad, is a good backup to a world class lb. People don't seem to rate him that much, I quite like him.

xXKonan

Think Valverde wants more attacking options in his disposal vs Juve on the bench. but it is risky playing without a LB in the squad if Alba gets injured. now that I think about it, I think Digne would struggle in this system a bit Valverde is currently implementing.

He's a different type of LB to Alba. He doesn't have Alba's pace and he's not an attacking one like Alba is either. He's more of a Cautious defensive one who occasionally gets forward. in this system like we seen vs Espanyol Alba's job is to stretch out the left side and make up for Suarez's deficiencies at LF in the old Villa/Henry Role and you can see Alba had one of his best games in ages in that role.

Digne imo I think is a reliable player but he would struggle to do what Alba did in that role.

Zinedinho

You never know, but it only seems reasonable to promote Cucurella to the first team next year and say good bye to Digne.

Home of Barca Fans