Yerry Mina

God Serena

Steady on. That rarely happened with Masch.

If he is half the defender Masch was he will be some player.

I always saw Masche as terrible in the air. Maybe it happened more often in my mind than in reality but his height definitely made it hard for him to compete with more air dominant players. If he's half the defender Masche was he will be quite good, but never as a starter.

Jallo

After watching highlight after highlight of Mina he is just basically a Younger and Blacker Jeremy Mathieu. Great in the air, great physique, fast as shit, athletic and suspect in defense.

But again then they are highlights and it’s hard to tell if he is actually any good defensively.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's also 23 years old which means he can only get better. We don't lose anything on this. Colombia starter too so if he doesn't do well here, we'll just ship him off for a profit somewhere else.

It's a Win-Win.

MessiTHEgoat

I hope he won't turn to be another marlon, I think barca should've gone for Frenkie de Jong instead, midfeilder but play well as a cb too, great talent.

Neeraj

I've never seen him play, but by his physique and description, I'm actually quite excited about this transfer. I've always wanted a big strong physical CB in the squad; I'm really hoping he's our guy!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's as tall as Koulibaly who's a very impressive player and a tank.

If he can become that good it would bode well for us.

Messi983

But it seems he's injury prone?

Don't know about that. According to Transfermarkt he had two longer term injuries so far in his career. One was hamstring injury which can happen to all players. And then metatarsal fracture last season when he landed unlucky after a jump. More bad luck than injury prone imo.

[youtube]AxX70gVjPwc[/youtube]

raki

Mathieu has been a beast in Portugal. Not surprised. He was good in Valencia. Average in Barcelona. In Portugal he had all the reasons to be great.

Douglas is garbage everywhere. Even in Brazil he was a failure.

Home of Barca Fans