Marlon Santos

Garrus

I must excuse you for being so stupid as to think that's me. I have a past account here, but that's definitely not it.
Hm, Calling me “stupid” as a first reaction, Did I touch a sensitive nerve?

The fact you resorted immediately to personal insults, Is an over-reaction that just confirms my views about you.

Learn to restrain yourself and be civil.

Reported.

EdmondDantes

IF we want to free up a Non-EU spot. Arthur's wife is Portuguese and like Coutinho I think he could possibly get Dual citizenship thanks to his wife.

Arthur's married? At 21?

I don't think Coutinho's wife is Portuguese, she's from Rio like him - she probably applied for Portuguese citizenship through heritage.

Surprised to hear about Marlon renewing. Interesting timing, it seems we're hedging our bets thinking we could either get more money for him down the line or keep him in the squad in a season or two. The board seems to rate him, Enrique saw something in him and now it appears that Valverde thinks he's useful. He now needs to go on loan and do well - preferably in La Liga.

God Serena

Hm, Calling me “stupid” as a first reaction, Did I touch a sensitive nerve?

The fact you resorted immediately to personal insults, Is an over-reaction that just confirms my views about you.

Learn to restrain yourself and be civil.

Reported.

What are your views about me, exactly? I'm not sure we've ever even interacted before.

Calling me out for being someone we all know is a toxic troll is about as uncivilized as it gets.

Report me all you like.

Andrew M

Arthur's married? At 21?

I don't think Coutinho's wife is Portuguese, she's from Rio like him - she probably applied for Portuguese citizenship through heritage.

Surprised to hear about Marlon renewing. Interesting timing, it seems we're hedging our bets thinking we could either get more money for him down the line or keep him in the squad in a season or two. The board seems to rate him, Enrique saw something in him and now it appears that Valverde thinks he's useful. He now needs to go on loan and do well - preferably in La Liga.

It's a different culture. I know in the UK to be married at that age is pretty unusual

xXKonan

Yeah it's young but at least in my family on both my mom and dad's side marriage early is pretty common.

My mom's parents who are Salvadoran got married when they were teenagers in the 1940s and my dads parents go married at 18-20 years old in the early 1950s and they were from Northern California. Well my Grandfather was, my grandmother was from Springfield illinois.

It's seems unusual but surprisingly common. Funny thing is I'm 26(27 in October) my parents despite being together in their early 20s in the 1980s didn't get married until 2006 and I was 14 at the time.

EdmondDantes

It's a different culture. I know in the UK to be married at that age is pretty unusual

Makes sense.

Coutinho's wie has a Portuguese passport, he got citizenship because of her

Yeah I know that; I meant it that she got her passport via her ancestry as opposed to actually being born and raised in Portugal like Andre Gomes. Hopefully Coutinho will get his in time for our game vs Sevilla but that's now looking unlikely. One of the 4 will miss out.

Messi983

IF we want to free up a Non-EU spot. Arthur's wife is Portuguese and like Coutinho I think he could possibly get Dual citizenship thanks to his wife.

How long are they married? IIRC think they have to be for at least 3 years before he can get Portuguese citizenship.

BBZ8800

Either the club thinks they can get more money for him down the line or they think he still has a possible future with us and they want to see him grow more out on loan right now.

Could be all three but going by his Preseason, he certainly wouldn't make a bad backup option to Pique. only thing is that the Non EU spot situation prevents us from that happening.

I think that it is because of Mina.
Mina is our best transfer in the last 10-20 years, right?

Did we ever earn this much on any player (a pure profit)?

And since Marlon is not any worse than Mina, the board will sign a new contract with him, and he will improve on a loan this season.
He was already on a verge of a 15M transfer.
With a good season this year, he can easily get sold for 15-20M next summer to EPL.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if your scouting network will now turn to South American CBs for 5-10M, whom we will try to develop/loan/sell in the same way as Mina/Marlon.

We will earn more from Mina&Marlon than from all La Masia sales and from all sales in the last 10 years regarding a pure profit (if we bought Fabregas for let's say 40M and sold for 45M, then the profit is 5M, not 45M).
With developing/selling CBs, we will be able to get more funds for 100M wingers, attackers and similar.

xXKonan

With Neymar you never know.

It seemed like every update due to the trails it seemed like his fee got bigger and bigger. :lol:

BBZ8800

True, but even if we bought him for only 110m, when you add 4 years of wages, taxes on wages, sign on fees for new extensions, penalties paid to courts, we probably spent more than 222m on him.

Mina and Marlon are low wages, low fees, high income transfers.

Remember how much we earned on Halilovic, Adama, Sandro, Dongou, midfielders...
We earned on Mina alone more than all of them combined.

In terms of business, these two are awesome deals.

Home of Barca Fans