Barca pre-season 2016/2017

Andrew M

people are flipping out over preseason? Who gives a shit honestly.

We lost 3-1 to Van Gaal's Utd last pre season and to fiorentina.

Last edited:

Altomonte

Liverpool played well and their intensity was high + they were lucky - almost all chances were converted.
Anyway, it's time now to get serious about defending and paying attention to pressing opposition. Klopp used Simeone tactics and it worked against a sleepy Barça team.
Aside from the obvious (Jordi Alba, Iniesta, Rakitic, Neymar ... need to start), I think we saw today that MAtS should be our starting GK.
I don't think he would have conceded 3 goals.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Regardless of whether or not it was a preseason, we shouldn't be losing game by at the very most more than two goals. We get into the habit of rolling over when things don't go our way, how can we react positively if we go behind in a two-legged knockout tie?

Not saying we should have played this with the intensity of a final but excellence is habitual and we shouldn't allow ourselves to roll over like this.

I'm sure Lucho will have a very intense training session today, make them run now since they didn't want to do it in a game.

Barcilliant

Regardless of whether or not it was a preseason, we shouldn't be losing game by at the very most more than two goals. We get into the habit of rolling over when things don't go our way, how can we react positively if we go behind in a two-legged knockout tie?

Not saying we should have played this with the intensity of a final but excellence is habitual and we shouldn't allow ourselves to roll over like this.

I'm sure Lucho will have a very intense training session today, make them run now since they didn't want to do it in a game.

It's a long season and we've signed alot of young players. If the established players slack off there are replacements.

Anyway just goes to show that having the best players in the world is of no use if they are not fit and motivated.

Neymessi

u was saying?

u was saying everything right. A preseason match cannot be taken as an element to decide which league is better. Epl teams have done fuck all in europe since last many many years when spanish teams have been dominating it for some time now. Even small teams from la liga perform better in europa than small teams from epl in europa. Even manu defeated us 3-1 in preseason. Doesn't matter much.

I wouldn't read too much to the result yes 4-0 is bad they were better but when it is all said and done it is still a friendly, it means nothing... Besides Liverpool fielded a full strength team and start there season in 6 days time with a tough away match against arsenal they need to be more than ready.

Hektor

After two games, they learned how to play the new Barça without Dani Alves, a key player for us. Barça did not start the last winning run until Alves joined us from Sevilla. I hope that the morons making personnel decisions realize the mistake they made by letting Dani go. We have no one that can replace Dani on offense and defense.

Hektor

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
After two games, they learned how to play the new Barça without Dani Alves, a key player for us. Barça did not start the last winning run until Alves joined us from Sevilla. I hope that the morons making personnel decisions realize the mistake they made by letting Dani go. We have no one that can replace Dani on offense and defense.

Hektor

Could be true.

Glad to see you back.

Bojan.

MessiDinho10

I'm glad it happens now instead of when the real competition starts. We rarely lose, so it's probably gonna take a good while before it happens again.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I disagree with you that this should be a wake-up call.

Pre-season is just to regain fitness levels it shouldn't be about high intensity fitness or games.

Yes, Liverpool played brilliantly and yes they were playing at 20x the intensity we were playing at. But I'm not so sure that I want our players doing that...Half of Klopp's teams ends up in the hospital through the course of the actual season. And it's not hard to see why.

I trust Lucho when it comes to fitness regimens, he has kept our team in fantastic shape for two season. That's not something I would credit Klopp with.

The team that crashed out of CL and very nearly pissed the league title away did not look like a fit team but one running on fumes. First 18 months of his tenure, I'd agree with that bolded part but since then I am not sure as we have not seen them regain the form that saw them win the treble

A tough start to the Primera schedule (again), means that fitness will be key not just now but in the 2nd half of the season where trophies are won

Neeraj

The mistake wasn't letting Alves go, it was not planning ahead for his departure; especially considering he had been playing cat and mouse for a while. Vidal was bought in a neither here nor there manner; as we had Alves and wanted some backup, but weren't sure of getting a real quality RB by spending good money. I wanted to see Vidal before I judged him; from what we've seen in the pre season, it's not looking good.

Home of Barca Fans