Cruyff passed away

frostdude1

Rest in peace to the man who made Barca what it is today.

Without Cruyff, I doubt any of us would be Barca fans.
A true legend, and the best thing is to keep passing down his philosophy to future generations so that we continue to be the greatest club in the world.

Thank you Johan :)

Jaguar

Flair Trait
RIP you legend. Thank you for making Barça what it is today, one of the greatest player, manager and philosophers the game has ever seen, and an extremely kind heart person as well. You will be missed greatly :cry:

amircule

[tw]713139041764524032[/tw]
[tw]713144387304361984[/tw]
[tw]713142087131201536[/tw]

Last edited:

raskolnikov

The impact Cruijff has had on Ajax and Barca, two of the greatest clubs ever still echoes trough the world till this day.
I think when ot comes to influence and contributing, its hard to find anyone who gave more to the football world and helped change it in a positive way. Barca would be nowhere near where it is today if it wasnt for him, we probably would not even be fans.
Rest in peace, el Salvador

Total-Football

rip to the legend who laid the foundation for both barcelona and modern football.. i feel very proud to say hes my favorite player ever even more so becausr that is my opinion since forever.. my thoughts are with his family.. god bless cruyff.. and god bless barcelona because we have to carry on witgout our brain

BarcAjax

He was born in Amsterdam, he died in Barcelona. But his idea, philosophy will continue to live at Ajax Amsterdam and Barcelona.

BarcAjax

I'd like if Barcelona & Ajax played against eachother during the pre-season in honour of Johan at pre-season.

Very good idea. Every pre-season or every 24 March Ajax and Barca must play for Johan. One year at Barcelona, one year at Amsterdam.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Very sad hearing this news. Definitely my favorite character in football. Reading back his quotes makes me so sad right now. He is leaving a huge legacy behind, he will forever live in every barca and ajax fan's hearts and will be loved by all the football fans over the globe for his immense contribution to the game. None of us here won't enjoy the current barca as much if not for this man.

Scholesy

I personally think he is the most fascinating personality in football history. Maybe football's equivalent of Steve Jobs or something, without the character flaws. He seemed a genuinely kind person, and one of those people who is good at almost everything he does. I personally think he probably would have been succesful at any career he pursued.

As a player incredible, as a coach a visionary, he even had the looks! It would be easy for some people to get lost in their own egos with such limitless talents, but he understood legacy, and certain things being more important than an individual.

The fact that he was an elite player and coach, with a claim for one of the top 10 in both is very impressive. To do it in 2 institutions, one which he laid the foundations for an explosion since the 90s is virtually unheard of.

RIP, a terrible terrible loss to football. He probably would have fixed FIFA as well had he ever been appointed president. Alas, everything good comes to an end.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I personally think he is the most fascinating personality in football history. Maybe football's equivalent of Steve Jobs or something, without the character flaws. He seemed a genuinely kind person, and one of those people who is good at almost everything he does. I personally think he probably would have been succesful at any career he pursued.

As a player incredible, as a coach a visionary, he even had the looks! It would be easy for some people to get lost in their own egos with such limitless talents, but he understood legacy, and certain things being more important than an individual.

The fact that he was an elite player and coach, with a claim for one of the top 10 in both is very impressive. To do it in 2 institutions, one which he laid the foundations for an explosion since the 90s is virtually unheard of.

RIP, a terrible terrible loss to football. He probably would have fixed FIFA as well had he ever been appointed president. Alas, everything good comes to an end.
True. He sort of had every thing. The talent, the vision, the looks, the character,....

B

beautifulgame

i'm definitely not the sentimental type and to be honest, i despise the exaggerated mourning of distant celebrity personalities yet with Johan's passing I'm still shaken up.

his ideas and work permeate more deeply in football and our culture as footballistas than we can know even now. as his death his work and legacy unravel further we will uncover more and more our indebtedness to the ever stubborn mr. cruiff

JPM85

The seconds after my boss told me he got a message Cruijff died, almost had the same impact to me as 9/11. My reaction to the news, the moment it felt like the clock stopped ticking for a minute, I will never forget. Everybody just stopped working for some time to read the news, and even the radio stopped music to broadcast the news.

For me as a dutch person, the death of a symbol. A single person that influenced millions of people, and changed the way an entire country plays a sport.

Home of Barca Fans