Barca to play British trio in summer friendlies

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona announced their 3 games for 2016 pre-season friendlies.
Catalan team will be playing Celtic, Leicester and Liverpool.

2mq2o2r.jpg

w6xchk.jpg

SeloBarca

How many of the top players will play though with Copa, Olympics, European cup etc. Do they clash?
Wouldnt mind going to Stockholm for the leicester game, but i dont know if its worth the big sum it will cost.

Darko

I just hope the Foxes don't embarrass us too much :coffee:

They have a big chance of getting a result, not being sarcastic or anything, our B team at 50% against Leicester who are going to play the game of their life. I know I'd love to tell my kids I beat the best team in the history of football, even though it's just a friendly. Coupled with the fact we always play poorly pre-season and you have the perfect recipe for a Leicester win.

God Serena

They have a big chance of getting a result, not being sarcastic or anything, our B team at 50% against Leicester who are going to play the game of their life. I know I'd love to tell my kids I beat the best team in the history of football, even though it's just a friendly. Coupled with the fact we always play poorly pre-season and you have the perfect recipe for a Leicester win.

What are you saying?

15-0. A Munir double super hat trick has to be in there somewhere.

serghei

We never try hard in these friendly games anyway. Probably Leicester will play their guts out, we'll take it easy like we did against United in pre-season of 2015-16, then lose the game, and some dumb EPL fans will speak about how Barca won't do shit in England because we didn't beat LFC in a friendly game.

Messi983

How many of the top players will play though with Copa, Olympics, European cup etc. Do they clash?
Wouldnt mind going to Stockholm for the leicester game, but i dont know if its worth the big sum it will cost.

Copa America final is on 26th June so I think with usual 4 weeks rest all of our South American players except Neymar and maybe Rafinha (if he plays in Olympics) should be available. Olympic tournament is from 3rd to 20th August so we'll lose Neymar not only for whole preseason but also for Spanish and European Supercup (if we win CL again).

Euro is on between 10th June and 10th July. Group stages ended on 22nd June. Three NTs with our players are in the same group (Spain, Croatia, Turkey) and there is a posibility one of them will be out after group stage although 4 of the best 3rd qualified teams are advancing to KO stage so I think they'll all make it. Round of 16 will end on 27th June and quarterfinals are on between 30th June and 3th July, so if teams of our players won't qualified for at least semifinals I think most of our European players should be available too, at least for the games against Leicester and Liverpool.

FinBarcelonafan

We never try hard in these friendly games anyway. Probably Leicester will play their guts out, we'll take it easy like we did against United in pre-season of 2015-16, then lose the game, and some dumb EPL fans will speak about how Barca won't do shit in England because we didn't beat LFC in a friendly game.

Haha so true. :D ManU was great in preseason again, but what happened during the season again? Shit.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The Liverpool game may be rescheduled for next year........as I believe we want you to be our first opponents when our redeveloped main stand is finished.

Home of Barca Fans