11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Arizona Scott

He doesn't need rest though, he need to play as much as possible to get better and better. The last thing he needed was a break because of injury

I think the rest is fine. Long season. And maybe coutinho can find form so there are 3 effective forwards options to mix around the goat.

Not worried about this one, more relieved it wasnt worse

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Right now, at this very moment, this guy is easily our second best player. The only player capable of creating a spark offensively if Messi is not there, and pace to burn too.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Right now, at this very moment, this guy is easily our second best player. The only player capable of creating a spark offensively if Messi is not there, and pace to burn too.

He also clearly takes over in the games when Messi is out. Steps up like he owns the offense trying to make the most of every possession.

BBZ8800

I keep forgetting this, [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], Dembele is not making 12m net as you keep saying all the time.

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...volle-abloese-trotz-verletzung-a-1169294.html

Facts.

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but your article says:
As a basic salary Dembélé receives according to his employment contract with Barça twelve million euros. Thus, this payment has increased fivefold compared to his BVB contract, possibly a decisive reason why the player in Dortmund went on strike.

In addition, Dembélé in Barcelona now collects all sorts of special payments: a "special bonus" in the amount of 6.7 million euros; a "signing bonus" of three million euros. For the Triple - the victory in Champions League, Spanish Championship and Spanish Cup - Dembélé would concede 3.3 million euros. FC Barcelona did not comment on the terms of the contract.

Btw, Dembele received:
1. a special bonus=6,7M Euros
2. a signing bonus=3M Euros
3. and it seems 1,1M bonus per trophy (La Liga, CDR, CL).

So, if I am getting it correctly, he earned:
1. 12M in wages in his first season
2. 6,7M special bonus
3. 3M sign on bonus
2. 2,2M for La Liga and a CDR trophy
= 24,9M Net, it seems, in his first year

A sign on bonus (3M) is probably a one-time-thing.
Regarding "a special bonus" (6,7M), who knows whether that is a one time bonus or yearly bonus. Probably a one time thing, though.
1,1M per trophy is for every year, it seems.

** So, unless if you again think that numbers are gross and not Net.
That would mean that his wages are only 6M Net.

But then again, a logical question: why are all sites with Barca's wages:
Mentioning Dembele's numbers in gross (12M), while Messi, Cou and Suarez are in Net numbers (iirc 30, 13m and 15m)?
So, imo, it doesn't make sense:
1. that Coutinho is earning 13M Net iirc
2. and Dembele only 6M net

Plus, it doesn't make sense that the authors of those sites with wages are idiots who are constantly:
1. mentioning SOME wages in Net numbers
2. and others, Dembele's, in gross numbers

I still think that Messi is on 30M Net, Suarez 16-17M Net, Cou 13M Net, Dembele 12M Net.
Makes perfectly sense based on how much we rated each of them and how much we paid for transfer fees.

Also, an article says that his wages at Barca are 5 times higher than his wages at Dortmund.
If you think that his wage is 12M gross at Barca and only 6M net, that would mean that his wages at Dortmund were only 1,2M Net (5 times lower), which seems quite low, imo.

Further, one more time, people are saying all the time that Rabiot and his mom are a cancer for asking more than 10m Net and a 10 in sign on fee, while he is coming for free (transfer).
We paid: 145M for Dembele (transfer fee).
12M Net wages, it seems.
Creative accounting "cheating" bonus: 6,7M "a special bonus".
3M sign on bonus on top of his transfer fee, his wages and a special bonus.

Rabiot:
10M wage Net/20M gross x5 years
10M sign on fee
= Barca invested 110M in total for 5 years (do we pay taxes for sign on fee, the same as for net/gross wages btw?)

Dembele:
145m transfer fee
6,7M special bonus
3M sign on fee
12M Net wage/24M gross
1,1M bonus per trophy yearly
= 5 years=Barca invested 274,7M+bonuses

Even for Frenkie (I don't know his wages):
91M transfer fee, right?
If his wages are 10M Net/20M Gross based on Sport's article:
https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/the-spectacular-salary-that-frenkie-de-jong-will-earn-at-barcelona-7261996
Up to 6M yearly bonus for trophies and games played.
Some sign on fee (let's say 5M)
Some sign on fee for his agent (let's say 5M)
= 5 years=91M+100M+10 sign on fees+up to 30M bonuses (I don't know whether Barca is paying taxes for Bonuses, does it work the same as Net/Gross wages?)
= up to 231M for 5 years if Bonuses are calculated the same as Net wages (without Barca paying the double amount in taxes).
If Barca needs to pay taxes for Bonuses, then the operation Frenkie can cost up to 261M over 5 years.

Dembele is 291,2M if we don't need to pay taxes for bonuses and if a special bonus is only a one time thing.
If we need to play (net/gross) taxes for bonuses, then Dembele's operation is worth up to 307M over 5 years.

Now, let's go back to Rabiot.
Even with "scandalous" 10M Net wages and "a crazy" 10M sign on fee for his mom, a total operation is 110M gross, over 5 years, without bonuses though.
That is not a small amount, but for example, Malcom's transfer, who could turn into a total fraud, is 41M fee, unknown sign-on bonuses, gross wages.
Operation Malcom, and his 5 years here could cost exactly the same as Rabiot's 5 years here.
Yet, Malcom had 1 season at Bordeaux on his back, and Rabiot has 6 seasons at Psg on his back.

My point: even with 10M Net wages and 10M sign on fee, Rabiot's operation is still quite cheap compared to majority of post-Neymar's transfers.
And considering his quality and 6 years experience at Psg and on a CL level.

** I haven't calculated taxes (if we need to pay them) for sign on fees, special bonuses and similar.
Do we need to pay a double amount (Net/Gross) for everything? Sign on fee, special bonuses, bonuses for trophies etc?

If so, then both Dembele's, Frenkie's and Rabiot's transfers are more expensive than my numbers above.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

German news articles always use gross numbers for salaries. The only number i've ever seen mentioned net was Messis salary but in that case it was always stated as net because thats not how things are normally reported.

Also idk how things are done in spain but if the article is based on the real leaked contract then the contract will have gross numbers right? I doubt they would then start calculating net wages based on his contract and don't even mention it in the article.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I will go through this later today after work, but Der Spiegel have the transfer agreement contract between Dortmund and Barca as well as Dembele's employment contract between him and Barca obviously where it's stated his base salary is 12m euros. With the income tax rate in Catalunya anywhere between 47% to 51%, you can conclude with that Dembele's base salary at Barcelona is somewhere around 6m net.

If you've ever been around anything to do with employment contracts or even take a look at your own employment contract at the place you work, you'll see that your salary is listed as gross/brutto. Because that's what your company/employer pays out to you. They don't dictate how much you tax.

Sorry for me being a total jackass right now, but I would expect someone that's got an employment contract to know how it works. I know that not everyone here have a legal profession or work with these things, but it really should be common sense in my opinion. If not, then please do yourself a favor in case you ever land in a predicament with your place of work where you might have to go through your rights and what you signed up for, just an advice to everyone here. Also you better keep a copy of the one you signed with you at somewhere safe. You should, if not then get one right away.

Anyway, will come back to this thread later. Now please don't start discussing with me how contracts and employers list your net wages in there. That's simply inaccurate and I work with this so this time I won't have any long arguments or posts trying to argue otherwise.

The only way it's written in net wages is if the employer cover your taxes, Barcelona do NOT cover their players' taxes.

Last edited:

serghei

I will go through this later today after work, but Der Spiegel have the transfer agreement contract between Dortmund and Barca as well as Dembele's employment contract between him and Barca obviously where it's stated his base salary is 12m euros. With the income tax rate in Catalunya anywhere between 47% to 51%, you can conclude with that Dembele's base salary at Barcelona is somewhere around 6m net.

If you've ever been around anything to do with employment contracts or even take a look at your own employment contract at the place you work, you'll see that your salary is listed as gross/brutto. Because that's what your company/employer pays out to you. They don't dictate how much you tax.

Sorry for me being a total jackass right now, but I would expect someone that's got an employment contract to know how it works. I know that not everyone here have a legal profession or work with these things, but it really should be common sense in my opinion. If not, then please do yourself a favor in case you ever land in a predicament with your place of work where you might have to go through your rights and what you signed up for, just an advice to everyone here. Also you better keep a copy of the one you signed with you at somewhere safe. You should, if not then get one right away.

Anyway, will come back to this thread later. Now please don't start discussing with me how contracts and employers list your net wages in there. That's simply inaccurate and I work with this so this time I won't have any long arguments or posts trying to argue otherwise.

The only way it's written in net wages is if the employer cover your taxes, Barcelona do NOT cover their players' taxes.

Of course. Players have to pay their taxes. Which is why you see Mascherano, Xabi Alonso, Ronaldo, Messi on trial, and not Barcelona or Real Madrid. And even if the employer pays the taxes for you, it's deducted from the sum in the contract. In my case for example, the company I work for retains the taxes and pays them for me. Which is why I only cash in around 50-55% of the sum that is listed as my monthly salary.

In the contract the sum that is printed is the total expense of the club with that employee. Which is 50-60% higher than what the player ends up with as net salary.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but your article says:
Btw, Dembele received:
1. a special bonus=6,7M Euros
2. a signing bonus=3M Euros
3. and it seems 1,1M bonus per trophy (La Liga, CDR, CL).

So, if I am getting it correctly, he earned:
1. 12M in wages in his first season
2. 6,7M special bonus
3. 3M sign on bonus
2. 2,2M for La Liga and a CDR trophy
= 24,9M Net, it seems, in his first year

Little correction:
I'm German speaking and the article states that Barça has to win the triple in order for Dembélé to receive a 3,3M bonus. It is not 1,1M for each title.

Home of Barca Fans