15 - Andreas Christensen

xXKonan

Is he any good? Why are we interested?
We are interested in him if Umtiti has to have Surgery which would rule him out for the rest of the season.

He's a big talent but towards the end of last season with Chelsea and the limited game time he got this season he hasn't been all that good, to be honest.

Joan

We are interested in him if Umtiti has to have Surgery which would rule him out for the rest of the season.

He's a big talent but towards the end of last season with Chelsea and the limited game time he got this season he hasn't been all that good, to be honest.

What's the rumored price?

Porque

A couple of years ago Christensen was getting the De Ligt hype.

He is out of favour with Sarri, so if he is a squad option for this winter then it is a great move.

But if he is going to close the door to De Ligt then I would rather we do not sign him.

Trickykid

The few minutes he's played this season, he's been mostly disasterous, sadly. As I wrote a while ago, he ended last season badly as well, and he's carried that horrible, error prone form into the the new season under Sarri.
His confidence is shot, and it shows, but I'm afraid his trouble lies deeper than that, which is odd considering how great he looked for the first half of last season. He's still young, though, with plenty room to improve, and his profile is perfect for us, seeing how composed he usually is in possession, has great passing abilities and can play both as DM and CB, meaning he could be a long term Busi or Piqué successor, but right now, considering how error prone he's been of late, I'm not sure he's the player we should bet on - especially not on the short term.

Moe

powered by;
I'm so glad we're actually thinking about him. I already mentioned in October how we should go for him. He can work as both short-term and long-term solution.

Trickykid

I'm so glad we're actually thinking about him. I already mentioned in October how we should go for him. He can work as both short-term and long-term solution.

With the form he's showing, he's everything but a short term solution.

Moe

powered by;
With the form he's showing, he's everything but a short term solution.

He barely played this season. You cant write off a player after a few mistakes. He had a decent world cup, and is relatively experienced for his age. I think his problem is not lack of quality but more lack of confidence. A bit like Gomes and Paco where the quality was clear, but both were short of confidence.

Basically I have no doubt that Christensen has the quality to be a short-term and long-term solution for us. However, my only worry for him is to struggle with confidence.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he has confidence issues I would pass, even if he costs half the amount someone like de Ligt or Koulibaly will.

There's even bigger pressure and higher expectations at Barca.

We got no time for babysitting and recovering broken souls.

Last edited:

Trickykid

If he has confidence issues I would pass, even if he costs half the amount someone like de Ligt or Koulibaly will.

There's even bigger pressure and higher expectations at Barca.

We got no time for babysitting and recovering broken souls.

Exactly.

He barely played this season. You cant write off a player after a few mistakes. He had a decent world cup, and is relatively experienced for his age. I think his problem is not lack of quality but more lack of confidence. A bit like Gomes and Paco where the quality was clear, but both were short of confidence.

Basically I have no doubt that Christensen has the quality to be a short-term and long-term solution for us. However, my only worry for him is to struggle with confidence.

Barça is a terrible place for low confidence players - especially so if said player needs to be a short term stop-gap solution who needs to make an immediate impact. As I said in my prior post, I think, as a type, he would be a great fit, just not in the state he is in now.

Much2soon

He’s a decent to good defender (much better than David Luiz) but his lack of ball playing skills and occasional mental lapses are concerning.

I’m not sure what it means at the moment but he doesn’t strike me as a Barca type player.

Joan

I think he's very talented. And that he would suit us well. But the state's he's in (confidence wise) is concerning. One of the reasons I like de Ligt for is his leadership. Much needed in our defence once Pique's gone. However, to get him on loan with an option to buy, to see how he does in different enviroment - would be lovely. Good choice.

Sport:
Barça have made a formal loan-offer for Danish centre-back Andreas Christensen, of Chelsea, although an agreement is a long way off.

Havesaks

He’s a decent to good defender (much better than David Luiz) but his lack of ball playing skills and occasional mental lapses are concerning.

I’m not sure what it means at the moment but he doesn’t strike me as a Barca type player.

Lack of ball playing skills? Man, have you ever watched him play? His ball playing is his strength. He is a technical defender, with lack of physic and to error prone, but i think Andreas will be a great fit in La Liga like he was in bundesliga.

But Lenglet, Umtiti, Christensen, de ligt, and pique? Thats a lot of quality cbs for two spots.

khaled_a_d

I think he's very talented. And that he would suit us well. But the state's he's in (confidence wise) is concerning. One of the reasons I like de Ligt for is his leadership. Much needed in our defence once Pique's gone. However, to get him on loan with an option to buy, to see how he does in different enviroment - would be lovely. Good choice.

Sport:

Loan would be good option, tbh I think we shouldn't buy anyone in January except may be a cheap back up LB.

Home of Barca Fans