Mavericky Puig

vegitot

Puig vs Pedri would be a better and more fair comparison if Pedri does not play 10 times more minutes.

Would be more fair if you compare 18 years old Pedri to 18 years old Puig. Guess we have no discussion.

Anyway, since Puig lost his posotion to Pedri and it seems everyone rate Pedri higher, isn't that so clearly.

Joan

Would be more fair if you compare 18 years old Pedri to 18 years old Puig. Guess we have no discussion.

Anyway, since Puig lost his posotion to Pedri and it seems everyone rate Pedri higher, isn't that so clearly.

We can always opt for enjoying Puig's flashy moves and build tactics around him scoring headers.

But think it's good we've got Copa matches coming. Seeing if Puig is actually good enough to rest Pedri could help us a lot in the rest of the season.

FCMessi

I guess most coaches determine starters/subs based on how good they are at 18 or any specific age.

Rather than how good they are now.

"Seems everyone rate Pedri higher" based on Pedri playing WAY more minutes. Real clear.

Last edited:

vegitot

I guess most coaches determine starters/subs based on how good they are at 18 or any specific age.

Rather than how good they are now.

"Seems everyone rate Pedri higher" based on Pedri playing WAY more minutes. Real clear.

Since it is Pedri vs Puig, specific age is needed if you compare them. Pedri is like Maradona to Puig at 18.

And Koeman rates Pedri, Luis Enrique rates Pedri, other U coaches rate Pedri, even teammates rate Pedri, UEFA lists him as no 1 breakthrough...

It is clear.

And of course Puig's limited minutes because Pedri is better than him.

Compare goal: Pedri has scored three times more than Puig this season. Really clear.

vegitot

We can always opt for enjoying Puig's flashy moves and build tactics around him scoring headers.

But think it's good we've got Copa matches coming. Seeing if Puig is actually good enough to rest Pedri could help us a lot in the rest of the season.

Hope it doesn't turn out like last match.

freetocan

So happy for Puig that he scored today. This guy has such a huge heart for Barca. He give me impression that he could die on the pitch for Barca. He is happy when he get finally him. I would hang this stupid, idiot and clueless coach that he does not see it. Again, keep it up Rick. Most of Barca fans see it but this is not enough as everything is at the hand of this so-called coach.

fergus90

Since it is Pedri vs Puig, specific age is needed if you compare them. Pedri is like Maradona to Puig at 18.

And Koeman rates Pedri, Luis Enrique rates Pedri, other U coaches rate Pedri, even teammates rate Pedri, UEFA lists him as no 1 breakthrough...

It is clear.

Compare goal: Pedri has scored three times more than Puig this season. Really clear.

Nothing is as simple or linear as age as a fair comparison. e.g. Jamie Vardy at 22 was playing for Fleetwood town and Andy Carroll was playing for Liverpool. I think we can tell who the better striker was. Players like Drogba didn't even turn pro until they were 21.

Also how can you compares goals when Puig has played 195 minutes and Pedri has played 1744 not exactly a fair and logical comparison.

Pedri has been doing well and has been excellent at times but he also blows hot and cold as expected with a player his age. Pedri to me is an all-round better footballer but he isn't exactly light years ahead of Puig and that could all change.

TRY_Aze

It is clear.

you don't know what you're talking about. All your comparisons are stupidly.

SmilerBam

Fantastic effort by the boy, you gotta give him that. Gets 5 minutes, and needs only two. 169cm and a header goal :p

Edit: He can be a great sub/rotation player for Pedri this season.

Lol.He is better than Pedri for me.It should be the other way around,but Cowmaster hates him because he said to everyone in the dressing room that his d..k is small.

Last edited:

serghei

Puig needs to play more, that's for sure. Now he scored maybe he will get more minutes. He should start vs Rayo. Conditions should be much better than vs Cornella, and he needs to do well.

Home of Barca Fans