UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanela

It's by an absolute mile the least impressive goal out of all the nominees. It's only there because, well, it was scored by Ronaldo and they had to include him somewhere. It had little importance and there's nothing special about it. Either one of Suarez' goals against PSG could and should've been nominated instead.

I'm sure if it was Pogba you 'd be singing a diff. tune. An inch perfect lob that took out 3 pool players, and a finish off the blind side with a defender closing down. May look least impressive (although personally I disagree), but its harder to execute, but so is the case with every team goal, as it requires two or more players to be in perfect unison. That also explains the rarity of its occurrences, over individually executed brilliance which was evident in that video alone.
Don't let club rivalries deprive your appreciation of the game.

khaled_a_d

It's by an absolute mile the least impressive goal out of all the nominees. It's only there because, well, it was scored by Ronaldo and they had to include him somewhere. It had little importance and there's nothing special about it. Either one of Suarez' goals against PSG could and should've been nominated instead.

I like the team work on the goal ,I don't think it is nominated b/c the finish ,more about the assist and teamwork b4 it .sort of Neymar goal .it is nominated b/c of Iniesta magic

Alik

Just like last season, I'd say it's an equal split between us, Bayern and Los Merengues, followed somewhere in the distance by Chelsea, if they get a lucky run. Initially I would've put Juve and P$G in the same bracket as Chelsea, but Juve will probably miss Vidal and Tevez too much, and with an aging (perhaps even leaving) Zlatan, I won't bet much on P$G either.

Atletico might also have a good run if their new signings settle in well.

Trickykid

Atletico might also have a good run if their new signings settle in well.

True that. I think the loss of Arda will be rough for them though. But yeah, the new signings being integrated will most definitely be key for them. I doubt it would be enough to dethrone us or fend off Bayern and Real in the end, though.

Morten

True that. I think the loss of Arda will be rough for them though. But yeah, the new signings being integrated will most definitely be key for them. I doubt it would be enough to dethrone us or fend off Bayern and Real in the end, though.

Atletico isnt as dependant on single players as Real/Bayern/Barca and so on. Thats their advantage, but also their disadvantage.

Trickykid

Atletico isnt as dependant on single players as Real/Bayern/Barca and so on. Thats their advantage, but also their disadvantage.

I don't know. I thought they lacked some flair and creativity in midfield when Arda was out injured last season. Perhaps that Monaco signing will be an adequate replacement, but who knows. He's got some big shoes to fill.

F

Flavia

And would copa not still count
No, Uefa has nothing to do with that. Cdr is a rfef competition, as is la liga. Notice there are only games from ucl, el, and some nt euro matches. No goals from any of the leagues there.

zanela

Messi's Copa goal would be eligible for FIFA Puskas award. But each year FIFA tends to omit Messi's best one, like they did with his solo against madrid semi CL, most probably to give a chance to the lesser football mortals.

Morten

Messi's Copa goal would be eligible for FIFA Puskas award. But each year FIFA tends to omit Messi's best one, like they did with his solo against madrid semi CL, most probably to give a chance to the lesser football mortals.

Dont kid yourself, there are many great goals scored over the years, Messi is hardly the only one to score spectacular goals, its very subjective also. Not being getting puskas award doesnt have to mean its the best goal for you, but it could be for me and visa verca. Its really hard to pick a certain winner amongst so many diverse and great goals. Imo this award is fairly stupid. Some likes a great long shot in the top corner, other likes a great goal with superb teamplay behind it, others like a dribbling goal and so on.

zanela

Dont kid yourself, there are many great goals scored over the years, Messi is hardly the only one to score spectacular goals, its very subjective also. Not being getting puskas award doesnt have to mean its the best goal for you, but it could be for me and visa verca. Its really hard to pick a certain winner amongst so many diverse and great goals. Imo this award is fairly stupid. Some likes a great long shot in the top corner, other likes a great goal with superb teamplay behind it, others like a dribbling goal and so on.

In terms of frequency, yes. Not even nominating his solo run against RM that year was incomprehensible, but a similar one of Neymar was. I still stand by my orig. assertion.

Morten

In terms of frequency, yes. Not even nominating his solo run against RM that year was incomprehensible, but a similar one of Neymar was. I still stand by my orig. assertion.

Frequency isnt at all relevant to this award, its the single "best" goal, which is mostly up the viewer, imo. Nonetheless, players like James and Zlatan for example scores/scored great goals fairly regulary as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans