Page 753 of 754 FirstFirst ... 253653703743751752753754 LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,295 of 11297

Thread: 5 - Sergio Busquets

Quote Originally Posted by Obiaseti View Post
    For me he was our best player today.

Time for busi to move on. As good as he is technically, he is just too slow now. The only way he would still be useful is if we had a player like Kante who even made Danny Drinkwater look good lol.

At the moment he is blocking FDJ's growth as a CDM. He would still probably be good in Italy where the pace of the game is slower and teams defend deeper, one of the reasons pirlo was still good into his mid thirties

Quote Originally Posted by Batistuta9 View Post
    Time for busi to move on. As good as he is technically, he is just too slow now. The only way he would still be useful is if we had a player like Kante who even made Danny Drinkwater look good lol.

At the moment he is blocking FDJ's growth as a CDM. He would still probably be good in Italy where the pace of the game is slower and teams defend deeper, one of the reasons pirlo was still good into his mid thirties
    Which is why it's very important to add that quality 3rd midfielder. That player will push Busi out and allow De Jong to play in his natural position. Unless Setien shows he has a thing for Busi.

DeBruyne please.

Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Which is why it's very important to add that quality 3rd midfielder. That player will push Busi out and allow De Jong to play in his natural position. Unless Setien shows he has a thing for Busi.
    If you add that 3rd midfielder, what exactly are going to be his functions? You realize that Messi is playing as an attacking midfield, right? So do you want to add another AM or DM? I would love to see Busy on the bench and have someone like Kante or Ndidi partnering FDJ.

Quote Originally Posted by LABarcaFan View Post
    If you add that 3rd midfielder, what exactly are going to be his functions? You realize that Messi is playing as an attacking midfield, right? So do you want to add another AM or DM? I would love to see Busy on the bench and have someone like Kante or Ndidi partnering FDJ.
    You realize a team can have one more attacking magician right? Especially with Messi on the team who's always tightly marked.
    Would relieve so much pressure off of Messi's shoulders if some other player could get some attention from the opponents.

Awful again.

Slows game down and is beyond a joke defensively.

But he 'cant work out' why Barca never got three points.

The older bunch of players at Barca are the most deluded in world football.

It's funny because most casual fans and commentators talk like Busquets is still prime Busquets from 2010-2015. All I see now is a slow, ponderous, mediocre player who no longer suits modern football.

He absolutely is a club legend, yet is playing solely on name now.

Quote Originally Posted by fergus90 View Post
    It's funny because most casual fans and commentators talk like Busquets is still prime Busquets from 2010-2015. All I see now is a slow, ponderous, mediocre player who no longer suits modern football.

He absolutely is a club legend, yet is playing solely on name now.
    Yes. He still has couple genius moves here and there but the overall play is just not good enough. Same goes for Raki, Suarez etc. Every player seems to lack in the movement department.

my eyes bleed when i see this guy attempt to run to stop a counuter. i genuinely think he is slower than pique

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviniesta View Post
    my eyes bleed when i see this guy attempt to run to stop a counuter. i genuinely think he is slower than pique
    Not just Pique.

He is significantly slower than the referees when both are trying to keep up with play.

So used to seeing him, Rakitic and Vidal the likes of Puig and Roberto look like on fast forward when in midfield.

Blaugrana al vent
    Forum de Amigos - CR7 Undercover Fanboy Sector
    He went from massively underrated to ridiculously overrated. Yeah, casual fans and pundits that watch him once a month at best still think he is the same octopus he had been years before.

Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    He went from massively underrated to ridiculously overrated. Yeah, casual fans and pundits that watch him once a month at best still think he is the same octopus he had been years before.
    It always like that with players of Busi's nature whose best qualities don't show up on the stat sheet. Criminally underrated for a while until/if their club finally wins something. After which point the pundits start raving about their genius like they had known about it all along and they become the best thing since sliced bread.

These players maintain their status regardless of their actual quality as long as their club/national teams are still having success. It is inferred they are still a big part of the team's good fortunes.

Kante (though he is still quality) and Modric are good recent examples.

He's the biggest liability in current squad after Suarez.

Rakitic as CDM , Puig and De Jong CM