Sergio Busquets

ab739

The point is that they have no proof at all. When Busi has a good run of games, they go back to hiding in the weeds until he has a bad game again (usually when the team as a whole plays poorly as well). It's the same with every player we have, hell, even Messi isn't immune from this bullshit.

No one cares if busquets has good games against relegation fodder la Liga teams. He is useless against the top euro teams and wont impact the game like a kante or casemiro would. The problem barca faces is that we can't have either of those two and the rest of the DM market besides maybe naby keita ( let's see how he develops) is subpar and wouldn't be an upgrade at all.

Barcilliant

The point is that they have no proof at all. When Busi has a good run of games, they go back to hiding in the weeds until he has a bad game again (usually when the team as a whole plays poorly as well). It's the same with every player we have, hell, even Messi isn't immune from this bullshit.

When he is exposed in another Cl ko tie I will say I told you so.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It's not about me being right. It's about what's good for the club.

If Busquets is great this season and shines, I will gladly say I was wrong.

Fair enough. We can both agree with that.

If he's bad this season, and I mean bad on an individual level, then I'll be the first to say we should look for a replacement/competition.

Laplacian

Why do people act like pointing out a players decline is trash talking or disrespecting a player? You can simultaneously have immense respect for a legend and still point out that he's not as good as he used to be/a weak link in the team. When Ronaldinho was obviously gaining weight and subsequently losing speed, was it an insult to suggest he should be phased out with a younger winger? When Xavi needed to be replaced, was that also disrespect?

Maybe the argument that Busquets is declining or that he's a weak link is wrong, that's very much possible but don't misconstrue our opinions as trash talking or disrespect and that we're less of fans for saying it.

FinBarcelonafan

Why do people act like pointing out a players decline is trash talking or disrespecting a player? You can simultaneously have immense respect for a legend and still point out that he's not as good as he used to be/a weak link in the team. When Ronaldinho was obviously gaining weight and subsequently losing speed, was it an insult to suggest he should be phased out with a younger winger? When Xavi needed to be replaced, was that also disrespect?

Maybe the argument that Busquets is declining or that he's a weak link is wrong, that's very much possible but don't misconstrue our opinions as trash talking or disrespect and that we're less of fans for saying it.

Well said. Btw Suarez is gaining weight and looking slower and slower. What should we do with him?

FCB1987

Banned

👏👏👏

Especially when those players (like Busquets and Suarez) keep asking for higher wages.

Barcilliant

Simply not good enough.

Busquets, Suarez at the moment need to be benched.

Our aging core are getting worse by the day. I was more entertained by the youngsters in pre season than our geriatric lot.

Laplacian

I still can't believe in some circles (reddit for example), he is the best CDM in the world. People are stuck in 2015. Though to be fair to him, pitch was shit. I seriously hope this is just a bad patch of form and he picks up soon.

Barcilliant

I still can't believe in some circles (reddit for example), he is the best CDM in the world. People are stuck in 2015. Though to be fair to him, pitch was shit. I seriously hope this is just a bad patch of form and he picks up soon.

It is not a patch of bad form, it irreversible decline. Ditto Suarez

Home of Barca Fans