Sergio Busquets

ASordidGod

Was poor today, like everyone bar Coutinho. But not sure I understand the hostility towards him to be honest. He's still the best at what he does.

khaled_a_d

You guys have lost your shit. He was the only midfielder that showed up today.

Hmm, all our midfielders deserve more or less around 1/10 so that won't say much
Busi have been a bit slower than his usual lately and in a lot of cases he leaves defense more exposed than it should be, even when he had herniated disk back in Tito & Tata seasons he didn't allow it that much

M

MessiCam

Hmm, all our midfielders deserve more or less around 1/10 so that won't say much
Busi have been a bit slower than his usual lately and in a lot of cases he leaves defense more exposed than it should be, even when he had herniated disk back in Tito & Tata seasons he didn't allow it that much

How can you blame Busquets for that? He dropped into defence as he should have, his passing and ball winning in midfield was on point too. Problem was that both Iniesta and Rakitic failed to show and as a consequence was pulled both left and right due to Levante attacking our wings. Mina acting like a sweeper didn't help either...

All things considered Busquets gets a solid 6 from me. Iniesta and Rakitic were atrocious though. Iniesta was very wasteful with the ball in that he uncharacteristically tried a wonder pass in almost every attacking phase which led to turnovers and counters while Rakitic, once again in a 4-3-3 demonstrated that he can't move the ball forward under pressure or not.

kollegah

He can demand any payrise as he wants.

Take him away from the team, its the same as you take away messi.

He on a Xavi/Iniesta Level, give him what he wants and sell trash like gomez, Digne to save up the money.

If he decides to leave, Barca and also Messi will become worse worse worse

khaled_a_d

How can you blame Busquets for that? He dropped into defence as he should have, his passing and ball winning in midfield was on point too. Problem was that both Iniesta and Rakitic failed to show and as a consequence was pulled both left and right due to Levante attacking our wings. Mina acting like a sweeper didn't help either...

All things considered Busquets gets a solid 6 from me. Iniesta and Rakitic were atrocious though. Iniesta was very wasteful with the ball in that he uncharacteristically tried a wonder pass in almost every attacking phase which led to turnovers and counters while Rakitic, once again in a 4-3-3 demonstrated that he can't move the ball forward under pressure or not.

I blame everyone, not just him.
He doesn't get a 2 for me, Rakitic was more present for defense. In a lot of counter attacks Busquets was no where to be seen, at least Rakitic tries to run and help them. Busquets also doesn't cover for the place in front of penalty area. And this has been the case so many times this year. There is just something he lacks this season.
I used to think he is a player who would be able to start here for many years to come but not sure anymore tbh, this year he started to show signs of aging, which is a but disappointing for me considering I am one of his biggest fans, but fathers time remain undefeated I guess

M

MessiCam

I blame everyone, not just him.
He doesn't get a 2 for me, Rakitic was more present for defense. In a lot of counter attacks Busquets was no where to be seen, at least Rakitic tries to run and help them. Busquets also doesn't cover for the place in front of penalty area. And this has been the case so many times this year. There is just something he lacks this season.
I used to think he is a player who would be able to start here for many years to come but not sure anymore tbh, this year he started to show signs of aging, which is a but disappointing for me considering I am one of his biggest fans, but fathers time remain undefeated I guess

What are you talking about? Only on the 3rd goal was Rakitic in a better position than Busquets... The second goal was also a result of his poor attempted clearance.

But counters tend to happen when you chase a game in this manner.

Busquets took a pause and didn't stick his foot in for the 5th goal however but the claim that Rakitic was more present in defense during counters is a load of hogwash. Watch the game again.

I see it has become fashionable to trash Busquets in favour of Rakitic lately.

khaled_a_d

What are you talking about? Only on the 3rd goal was Rakitic in a better position than Busquets... The second goal was also a result of his poor attempted clearance.

But counters tend to happen when you chase a game in this manner.

Busquets took a pause and didn't stick his foot in for the 5th goal however but the claim that Rakitic was more present in defense during counters is a load of hogwash. Watch the game again.

I see it has become fashionable to trash Busquets in favour of Rakitic lately.

You are underrating Rakitic and he is probably the 2nd hated person in the club for you after EV. But again I am not defending Raki nor I am comparing, this is about Busquets being actually bad, Raki being worse doesn't help his case.

Raketa10

He can demand any payrise as he wants.

Take him away from the team, its the same as you take away messi.

He on a Xavi/Iniesta Level, give him what he wants and sell trash like gomez, Digne to save up the money.

If he decides to leave, Barca and also Messi will become worse worse worse

Putting him in the same sentence with Messi is just ridiculous.

M

MessiCam

You are underrating Rakitic and he is probably the 2nd hated person in the club for you after EV. But again I am not defending Raki nor I am comparing, this is about Busquets being actually bad, Raki being worse doesn't help his case.

But you are comparing... You said Rakitic was more present in defense which was clearly not the case.

And no, Busquets wasn't bad last night and hasn't been bad. Coutinho, Denis and Busquets were the standout performers last night. To make matters worse for your argument he has been playing in system tailored to Rakitic all season and yet has been statistically better as well as better on the ball.

Home of Barca Fans