Sergio Busquets

serghei

All recent CL failures were due to a onedimensional play with 3 short Cfs all the time.
Except when we had Suarez, but still, we don't cross too much even now with him.

Imagine Griezz-Messi-Dembele
Coutinho-Arthur/Rakitic-Busi next season.

What will happen against ANY parked bus in a CL?
= absolutely nothing
We will try to break through the middle till death, as always.

0:3 defeats against any team in a CL quarters.

What is it with you and height?

Makelele and Gatusso are some of the best and most fierce players I've ever seen at DM. One is 1.68 and one 1.75.

It's not about height. It's about player profile matching team profile. If you set up a rigid system, with players used to play fluid football it's like trying to win a dirt race with a Ferrari.

If you play rigid football, you need a different DM than Busi for example. You also need a clear playmaker, and not one that barely runs 7km a game and doesn't have a clear position. You also need old schoold defenders able to win duels individually. You need physicality, you need cutting edge in individual duels, and you need players whose main qualities match the requirements of their positions. For a rigid style, you need defenders like Maldini and fullbacks like Zanetti. Air tight. They will almost never be caught dreaming, or caught trying to me smart asses, or doing some stupid things that would lead to defensive instability.

To effectively play rigid football you need extreme tactical discipline, because in rigid systems where there is an emphasis on each player fulfilling a precise task, every tactical error from a player can lead to many structural issues, because the other players would be in their positions, unable to intervene very fast and stop the danger.

Both Lucho and Valverde failed in CL because they played rigid italian football at key moments, with players who are used to taking way too many tactical liberties. Simply put, players did not have the tactical knowledge and the tactical discpline, nor the conservatorism to deliver what was asked for them. If you want to play like that, every single man out there has to do a tactical role to precision. You need specialized players in each position. All our players aren't even great in the main area of their position. Busi is not a defensive beast, Pique is better on the ball than off it, Alba is better in offense than at watching his man, Roberto isn't even a RB, Messi is a genius but position wise, he plays what he feels like on that moment etc. etc.

What we need is a manager who plays a fluid style and learns how to make us cope with these issues and turn them into positive, instead of negatives. Not managers who would instruct the players to play something that they don't know how to play well.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

The obsession with the Champions League is also bordering on crazy. Sure it’s a glamorous competition but it’s still a cup competition that requires an inordinate amount of things to click as well as some luck.
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] is acting like Madrid have been dominating the Champions League when nothing can be further from the truth. They’ve been incredibly lucky in many aspects...

Wanting Barça to play in a manner similar to that flawed team is the stuff of legend.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You'll need to sell the entire team to achieve @BBZ8800 's dream.

Juve play like what you want and guess how many CL titles they have won?

Last edited:

BBZ8800

You'll need to sell the entire dream to achieve @BBZ8800 's dream.

Juve play like what you want and guess how many CL titles they have won?

Juve has only physical players, not that much technique.
Not to mention that they have 10 times less money than us for transfers.
They are quite slow also.

I have said a few times already, my "dream" Barca for the future is something like Bayern/German NT team but with Barca's DNA touch.

Both Bayern and Germany have:
1. technique
2. pace
3. height, strength
4. can score with shortpassing through the middle (Barca's style)
5. can score after crosses
6. can score after set pieces
7. can score after longrange attempts

Plus, Bayern and Germany don't have Messi.
Imagine how many CLs and WCs would Bayern and Germany won with their good allround setup plus Messi to save their ass every time.
Again, the same as Juve, we are spending a few times more money on transfers than Bayern.
When you remove Messi from maths: we spend way more for equal or worse CL results.

What we need is a manager who plays a fluid style and learns how to make us cope with these issues and turn them into positive, instead of negatives. Not managers who would instruct the players to play something that they don't know how to play well.

Sergehi, you talk about a fluid system in almost every post, but at the end of the day:
When you have a fluid system and a team with Messi, Griezmann, Coutinho, Iniesta, Arthur and similar and Psg/Juve/AM parks a bus of 5+5 or 4+4 players around the box, WHAT will you do?
That fluid system will look nicer overall and against smaller teams, but it won't help at all against parked buses.
I don't have anything against your fluid system, I am asking for more attacking options.

BBZ you were saying a few weeks back that Barca were certs for the CL this season based on the 442 and more 'physical' players.

Now you are acting like it cannot be won with Messi and Busquets.

Barca never played a 'short' team or 433 away to Roma and got pumped.

I had hopes that EV's defense will be enough for 0:1 matches and that we will somehow score enough through Messi even though we are onedimensional.
But against Roma, both our defense has let us down and our onedimensional play killed us again, as always.

Is English your first language?

No. I am from Rakitic's country.

About "burdens", I meant that they bring good and bad things, but they do bring a lot of bad things and making our evolving way harder.
Evolving into something different than Pep's 433...

Last edited:

ASordidGod

Juve has only physical players, not that much technique.
Not to mention that they have 10 times less money than us for transfers.
They are quite slow also.

I have said a few times already, my "dream" Barca for the future is something like Bayern/German NT team but with Barca's DNA touch.

Both Bayern and Germany have:
1. technique
2. pace
3. height, strength
4. can score with shortpassing through the middle (Barca's style)
5. can score after crosses
6. can score after set pieces
7. can score after longrange attempts

Plus, Bayern and Germany don't have Messi.
Imagine how many CLs and WCs would Bayern and Germany won with their good allround setup plus Messi to save their ass every time.
Again, the same as Juve, we are spending a few times more money on transfers than Bayern.
When you remove Messi from maths: we spend way more for equal or worse CL results.

I had hopes that EV's defense will be enough for 0:1 matches and that we will somehow score enough through Messi even though we are onedimensional.
But against Roma, both our defense let us down and our onedimensional play killed us again, as always.

No. I am from Rakitic's country.

About "burdens", I meant that they bring good and bad things, but they do bring a lot of bad things and making our evolving way harder.

Fair enough. And if I came across hostile I apologise, it's just that I profoundly disagree with your opinion, particularly re Busquets. I'll admit if we were to play as I'd like, 433 Messi false nine, there's a danger of predictability, but that's where a plan B comes in, a bigger striker who can offer something completely different, not Alcacer, who is bang average.

serghei

Sergehi, you talk about a fluid system in almost every post, but at the end of the day:
When you have a fluid system and a team with Messi, Griezmann, Coutinho, Iniesta, Arthur and similar and Psg/Juve/AM parks a bus of 5+5 or 4+4 players around the box, WHAT will you do?
That fluid system will look nicer overall and against smaller teams, but it won't help at all against parked buses.
I don't have anything against your fluid system, I am asking for more attacking options.
bad things, but they do bring a lot of bad things and making our evolving way harder.

Because that is what we are equipped to play at the moment. Because there were players that were available on the market that could have allowed us to transition to a more direct more rigid style with success, but we didn't move. Players like Kroos, players like Kante.

If I ask you would you sell Messi to play a different brand of football? Would you sell Busi? Would you sell Pique?

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

You guys have lost your shit. He was the only midfielder that showed up today.

Home of Barca Fans