User Tag List

Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129
Results 1,921 to 1,933 of 1933

Thread: 22 - Aleix Vidal

  1. #1921
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a game away from Valvarde black listing him.

  2. #1922
    Senior Member
    Total-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rabat - Morocco
    Posts
    2,692
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something needs (needed) to be done both about him and Gomes. These 2 are not performing bad, they are performing the best they could. But their limit is a mid-table team; and i'm being generous here.
    kilometers matter ..

  3. #1923
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    9,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RW is pretty much the only position he has left he can make a favorable impression. But as you can see he's not doing himself any favors in trying to convince Valverde that he could be a good option off the bench in the RW spot.

    His days at RB are pretty much over it seems Valverde already made his decision on sticking with Semedo and Roberto as our two main RB options. and unless those two get injured at the same time I can't see Vidal playing there much or if at all anymore.

  4. #1924
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    9,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  5. #1925
    Bojan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    25,525
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's back in the doghouse

  6. #1926
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Aleix and Deulofeu on the outs these days, and no one can even remember that Paco is on the roster, it's time for Denis Suarez to step up. I think he can do it, establish himself as a regular starter at forward. Until Dembele comes back.

    You don't have to be great to hold down the #3 forward job on this team. Just pass the ball, move to the vacated areas caused by Messi and L. Suarez, get off decent shots when you are wide open.

  7. #1927
    Bojan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    25,525
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
    With Aleix and Deulofeu on the outs these days, and no one can even remember that Paco is on the roster, it's time for Denis Suarez to step up. I think he can do it, establish himself as a regular starter at forward. Until Dembele comes back.

    You don't have to be great to hold down the #3 forward job on this team. Just pass the ball, move to the vacated areas caused by Messi and L. Suarez, get off decent shots when you are wide open.
    You should be fast (mobile) and play both up and down to offset obvious deficiencies we have in attack. That's why, imo, on his good day, Aleix Vidal is great option.

  8. #1928
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,287
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    You should be fast (mobile) and play both up and down to offset obvious deficiencies we have in attack. That's why, imo, on his good day, Aleix Vidal is great option.
    Vidal doesn't have a day, though. He's nowhere near good enough enough and that's just how it is. He's a nice guy but he's simply nowhere near Barca quality and is a shining example of the type of player who should have never been given the treat of donning the Barca shirt.

  9. #1929
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    14,540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither Vidal or Deulofeu would be getting anywhere close to starting line ups of other top teams.

    Even mid table teams in EPL and La Liga those two would struggle to get a game on the RW.

    Pair of them are miles off of even being back up level for Barca in my opinion.

  10. #1930
    Senior Member
    behindbrowneyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Neither Vidal or Deulofeu would be getting anywhere close to starting line ups of other top teams.
    Well, our starter got injured so there has to be someone else who can take his role. If Vidal was that good he wouldn't play second fiddle in our team. He would start for another top team. Having worldclass-players on the bench is a dream that isn't realistic. It can happen if a player develops well, but you can't keep him on a permanent basis. Morata left because he was too good for the bench and is now starter in another great team.

    Look at Bayern's winger options behind Robben and Ribery. Look at Madrid's options when Benzema or Bale (which is basically half a year the case) are injured. Mayoral and Lucas. They are not better than Paco or Vidal. The neighbours' grass always looks greener....

  11. #1931
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    14,540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by behindbrowneyes View Post
    Well, our starter got injured so there has to be someone else who can take his role. If Vidal was that good he wouldn't play second fiddle in our team. He would start for another top team. Having worldclass-players on the bench is a dream that isn't realistic. It can happen if a player develops well, but you can't keep him on a permanent basis. Morata left because he was too good for the bench and is now starter in another great team.

    Look at Bayern's winger options behind Robben and Ribery. Look at Madrid's options when Benzema or Bale (which is basically half a year the case) are injured. Mayoral and Lucas. They are not better than Paco or Vidal. The neighbours' grass always looks greener....
    Lucas is easily a better wide player than Vidal or Deulofeu and Asensio is still a back up out wide as well.

    Mayoral is a striker.

    Anyway it wasn't a comment about depth as Barca have likes of Denis who are better than those two - Vidal and Deu.

  12. #1932
    Moderator
    Galning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    16,329
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to go, he is not good enough as a RB nor as a RW.

  13. #1933
    Senior Member
    Xaviniesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    897
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were good signs from him pre-injury but it went downhill after that