Verratti or Pogba?

I

instinct

We are linked with several players but above all we need a RB and a CM.
Sport reported that we want to sign Verratti or Pogba in 2016.

If you had the chance to sign either Verratti or Pogba for a similar price, who would you chose? And why?

Edit: forgot to add the pole :lol: Can a mod please do it?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If you had the chance to sign either Verratti or Pogba for a similar price, who would you chose? And why?

By this do you mean that, in this hypothetical situation, a deal for both has been agreed, and now we just have to pick one? Or do we still have to deal with the club first?

If the former, then Veratti. If the latter, then Pogba.

Ghosting

Not seen a lot of Pogba, is he very creative? I know he scores some amazing goals every now and then, but I thought he played quite deep, we need a CM who can create 10-15 goals a year, can't just rely on Messi for everything.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
And what would we have paid for them. Should we go on the basis of them costing the same amount?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
And what would we have paid for them. Should we go on the basis of them costing the same amount?

For the sake of holding all variables, except the player themselves, constant. Let's say 65M euro deal with both Juventus and PSG has been reached.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
This is a tough decision. I like Verratti a great deal, but €65m for Pogba is a good transfer as well.

I'll go with Verratti purely out of personal preference.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
hmmmm. That's a really hard one.

I'd probably go with Pogba. Purely because he seems to be a more physical player than Veratti. Yes I know we have won things with midgets not to long ago but I think we need a more direct and powerful midfield with this new Barca.

JamDav1982

No doubt Verratti is the better player on the ball but Pogba brings more strength, height and athleticism which Barca almost always lack.

I vote Pogba!!!

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
To make this more interesting, can we do Koke vs. Veratti vs. Pogba? I think Koke's buyout is also 65M euros.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
To make this more interesting, can we do Koke vs. Veratti vs. Pogba? I think Koke's buyout is also 65M euros.

I'd still chose Verratti, personally.

For me

Verratti, then Koke, then Pogba. All close though, can't go wrong with any of them truly.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
There is no contest between Koke and these 2, he's overrated and 65m is way too much for him

Really don't agree with that. Koke is not overrated.

65M for a talented young midfielder to give you 7+ years of quality play, that's not outrageous.

Home of Barca Fans