Verratti or Pogba?

Alarcón

Really don't agree with that. Koke is not overrated.

65M for a talented young midfielder to give you 7+ years of quality play, that's not outrageous.

Ok. He doesn't have Verratti's ball control and technique and he doesn't have Pogba's drive, strength and shooting ability. Koke is a great player but I still don't see anything special about him so not Barça quality for me. But I think we had that argument a few months ago so let's just agree to disagree,

Oh and the whole discussion around his buyout clause is probably void anyway as we'd have to pay massive taxes on top of those 65m.

Pogba isnt lazy at all.

I am sure the stats last season had him down as covering more ground than Vidal and one of the top in europe.

Yea I don't know where this whole laziness thing came from to be honest, watched plenty of Juve matches and never thought he was lazy. Him and Vidal do all the defensive work in Juve's midfield.

Alen

Pogba isnt lazy at all.

I am sure the stats last season had him down as covering more ground than Vidal and one of the top in europe.

That doesn't mean much. You can cover a lot of ground and be lazy in your defensive duties(like Kroos for example).

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Ok. He doesn't have Verratti's ball control and technique and he doesn't have Pogba's drive, strength and shooting ability. Koke is a great player but I still don't see anything special about him so not Barça quality for me. But I think we had that argument a few months ago so let's just agree to disagree,

Oh and the whole discussion around his buyout clause is probably void anyway as we'd have to pay massive taxes on top of those 65m.

Well we certainly disagree on Koke, he's a nice mixture of Verratti and Pogba, but fair enough.

As to the buyout, in the scenario proposed all players cost the same $65M, we're just speculating.

Last edited:

Alen

Distance covered means a lot and shows he isnt lazy.

Kroos isnt lazy in the slightest either.

It shows he runs a lot. That's all. When i say lazy, i mean he lacks discipline. He doesn't come back into position as quick as he should, that sort of thing.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How dare you steal my thunder my opening a new poll?

Edit: You forgot to add the actual poll lmao

Bertus

Next poll: do you prefer to deal with Nasser or Moratta?

oxERCgy.png

Would be funny to get another Barca vs PSG transfer summer story.

Anyways, if I was Barca president, I'd pick Verratti.

But if I was Barca president, I would facepalm non-stop just thinking that I have to deal with PSG again.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Next poll: do you prefer to deal with Nasser or Moratta?

oxERCgy.png

Would be funny to get another Barca vs PSG transfer summer story.

Anyways, if I was Barca president, I'd pick Verratti.

But if I was Barca president, I would facepalm non-stop just thinking that I have to deal with PSG tho.

Show Juve the money and they'll sell. Show PSG the money and they'll laugh at you

Bertus

Show Juve the money and they'll sell. Show PSG the money and they'll laugh at you

Yep. Also, PSG is trying to enter that little circle of world class clubs. And they know they are at a disadvantage when they want to get stars or even future stars.

Now that they had the chance to get verratti before he becomes a little phenomenom, I can understand why they would be very reluctant to let him go.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Yep. Also, PSG is trying to enter that little circle of world class clubs. And they know they are at a disadvantage when they want to get stars or even future stars.

Now that they had the chance to get verratti before he becomes a little phenomenom, I can understand why they would be very reluctant to let him go.

I think the premise of the thread is a hypothetical, if you could get both (each at same transfer value), which would you get. In the real world, I'd much rather not deal with Nasser or Raiola and pay Koke's buyout clause.

I

instinct

Yes, I just wanted to discuss the possibility and which player would be a better investment and more suitable for us.

Bertus

I think the premise of the thread is a hypothetical, if you could get both (each at same transfer value), which would you get. In the real world, I'd much rather not deal with Nasser or Raiola and pay Koke's buyout clause.

I know that. But let's be honest, verratti in Barca would be great. He has all the skills that barca playstyle is famous about. Way more than Pogba.

But then comes the question of how to snatch him.

Nothing is impossible. You know even Nasser would still think about it at least 5 min if somebody comes and offer 80M imo.

But I don't see Barca offering enough money to "wow" Nasser.

And even if Nasser is tempted, then comes Al Thani :rofl1:

Home of Barca Fans