Lliga: Barca - Malaga 0-1

slvtn

The old problems, again. I can see the upcoming teams using the same "parking the bus" tactics. Non the less, the team should be motivated enough to continue that powerful attacking football.

FC B

I think we lost mainly because of these things:

- We cant do fuck all to a parked bus without and in form Messi
- Alves' mistake fueled Malaga
- Bad referee/linesman, every time we got close linesman put the flag up and the ref killed us troughout.

I add to that a poor midfield and little motivation and the recipe for disaster is complete.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Anto's parents robbed, Neymar invited to the court. Some depressing shit right before the most important part of the season.

G

Gasgas

Anto's parents robbed, Neymar invited to the court. Some depressing shit right before the most important part of the season.

Other players go through these problems too at different parts of the season. Cant use them to justify bad performances, they are professionals they are supposed to act that way.
Unless if these life problems are exclusive to barca players

frog-fcb

Not a great match to pick for my first time over. My mrs was near falling asleep at times. Messi was crap an getting frustrated. The linesman was a complete prick i was near hoping pique would deck him to liven the whole thing up a bit . But aw well roll on tuesday hopefully yday was the kick in the arse to fire them up for city game

Ritchie

Maybe too much believing of their own hype after all the spouting off in the media all week by coach and players.

The worry is the effect goals have on the team. Last week we started poor, scored and then came to life. This week we conceded early and went to pieces. We shouldn't be negatively affected by goals in that way. Malaga and Villareal were just breezing through us on the break as well and City can be very powerful and fast on the counter.

If Messi's ineffective then the team are as well. With our defence and midfield I worry about us in big games but we're losing to Celta Viga, Malaga and Sociedad. That's just a poor mentality as we should not be losing to those teams and not even scoring. We're going to keep getting games like this until we can sort our midfield out in 2016.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I just can't get this game out of my mind, it was just so bad and nothing seemed to work. We made 48 crosses, cmon we even didn't make so much crosses in a game last season. The only thing that will take it out of there is a win against City. Players should be motivated enough to win, they owe it to the fans.

Bucky

Penya Member
I don't know how much more motivated you need to be as a player; you're playing for Barça ffs & wearing the colours.

Malaga again, they played tight in the centre, something to which Messi runs against or even attempts to go through with the potential of conceding a spot kick. Not saying to look for it but the chances are there. Instead Messi kept trying to play the ball in from wide with honestly about 1 chance that was through on goal (Iniesta). Unless of course you count the one intended for Neymar but Piqué f'd that up. The tactics were all wrong, so so very wrong.

Watching Messi at Levante he again made those mistakes, was easily tackled & losing the ball.

That's unlucky frog-fcb, it's unfortunate pot luck. I'm hoping to go again in April either against Almeria or Getafe. Looks like Valencia game is hard to find 2 seats together unfortunately.

coke

inbelieveble the Performance downgrade of Leo in comparison to last Matches. This is simply Not normal. Is he having private or Psyche Problems ?? Can Not Explain that with an other reason. And yes we depend on him

i_bleed_blaugrana

This is fucking ridiculous.

I didn't watch the game live but rewatching it now it is clear as day that we quite honestly lost because Dani fucked up. I didn't see a lack of hunger or determination, I saw us moving the ball well, creating chances but sometimes the other team simply won't give in and instead of blowing this into full crisis mode, give Malaga credit for playing well and taking there chances.

Messi looked normal, I didn't see anything different in the attitude of the players. Giving up an early goal like that is very hard to come back from quickly psychologically for your confidence. Anyone who knows anything about this team knows how important it us to our game plan for us to get the first goal and when we don't, these games can happen. Its been happening for the past five years now and I don't know why 75% of the people on here go into complete meltdown mode when we lose.

Its a fluke game, off a fluke goal right before a monumentally huge game which the team were obviously half focused on. The game plan is always to get a lead early so they can rest up for City and when you're gameplan goes south quickly, its not easy at all to come back from. I still have confidence we can beat City.

Shame Madrid regained their lead but they will slip again and we still have a chance to cut the lead at the Camp Nou, so everybody calm your tits and when we start winning again and playing sexy football, this will all be a distant, fading memory...:coffee:

Altomonte

The old problems, again. I can see the upcoming teams using the same "parking the bus" tactics. Non the less, the team should be motivated enough to continue that powerful attacking football.

How many games in this season where we scored ZERO goals? Malaga (twice), Real Sociedad, Celta Vigo ...
And it even happened twice at home!
What is the common denominator? What can we learn?
We can't just blame bad luck, the referee and his assistants, exceptional goalkeeping etc.

I think there sometimes is a lack of sense of urgency during the first 30 minutes, not enough movement off the ball.
No willingness to take risks and shoot from outside the box. (why not start Rakitic from the beginning - he can shoot and is willing to try).
And of course the lack of forwards that can head the ball. It would be nice to have somebody like Ronaldo (or Zlatan) in the team - his goals against Schalke and Elche showed how it's done. Crosses are of no use when there is nobody in position to jump up and head them in. The worst example of bad finishing was Iniesta's header. I love to watch him when he is on his game, but he should know that it's much better for him to take the ball down and shoot instead of heading it without any power and conviction.

There certainly has been a pattern in all those ZERO GOAL games: Lots of half-chances, a lot of ball possession but ineffective passing and finishing near goal. There must be a way to practice those situations in training and come up with ideas how to break down such defenses. It's Luis Enrique's job to figure it out and then to field the best team to execute this plan. How come we can score against Atletico but not against Malaga?

Good luck in Manchester! At least it will be against a team that will attack.

ATLBarcaFan

Just an absolutely horrendous performance, the staggering number of useless crosses was maddening. Where has the Neymar from a couple of weeks ago gone? Iniesta has turned into a literal illusion of his former self and don't get me started on Alves, please let him leave at the end of the season. We desperately need to find some help in midfield and at RB

Egert

Estonian Culé
This is fucking ridiculous.

I didn't watch the game live but rewatching it now it is clear as day that we quite honestly lost because Dani fucked up. I didn't see a lack of hunger or determination, I saw us moving the ball well, creating chances but sometimes the other team simply won't give in and instead of blowing this into full crisis mode, give Malaga credit for playing well and taking there chances.

Messi looked normal, I didn't see anything different in the attitude of the players. Giving up an early goal like that is very hard to come back from quickly psychologically for your confidence. Anyone who knows anything about this team knows how important it us to our game plan for us to get the first goal and when we don't, these games can happen. Its been happening for the past five years now and I don't know why 75% of the people on here go into complete meltdown mode when we lose.

Its a fluke game, off a fluke goal right before a monumentally huge game which the team were obviously half focused on. The game plan is always to get a lead early so they can rest up for City and when you're gameplan goes south quickly, its not easy at all to come back from. I still have confidence we can beat City.

Shame Madrid regained their lead but they will slip again and we still have a chance to cut the lead at the Camp Nou, so everybody calm your tits and when we start winning again and playing sexy football, this will all be a distant, fading memory...:coffee:

Thank you for calming me a little bit down, you always do that :) :cheers:

Home of Barca Fans