Which RB would you want FC Barcelona to sign?

Which RB would you sign for FC Barcelona?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

linetty

I know he is. Like Cesc 2.0. That's why I hope we never go for him.
I don't think it's a good way to look at things. Cesc was kind of played out of position and didn't feel comfortable here.

Bellerin would be playing his best position with Messi supporting him.

L

linetty

I alway thought People were just joking about bellerin because of Barca DNA and so on.
He's great for his age. Being Catalan and a La Masia product is a bonus which will greatly help him in adaption.

Also, he's faster than Walcott :p

F

Flavia

I don't think it's a good way to look at things. Cesc was kind of played out of position and didn't feel comfortable here.

Bellerin would be playing his best position with Messi supporting him.

I'm not very fond of players who leave for money. There wasn't that much competition for the rb spot here. And it's a very similar story. Getting him from arsene wouldn't be easy or cheap either, and not worth the hassle. Better pay Porto. They are a selling club.

L

linetty

I'm not very fond of players who leave for money. And it's a very similar story. Getting him from arsene wouldn't be easy or cheap either, and not worth the hassle. Better pay Porto. They are a selling club.
To each their own I guess. He was young and of course he'd make a mistake like thinking only about money but he clearly expressed his wish of coming back some day.

As I said, I never watched Danilo play but if I had to choose between him and a La Masia product - the answer is easy. The price would certainly be far more reasonable than 30M.

xavi_the_Boss

How is it easy?
If i had to choose Between Bellerin and Danilo then i would choose the better Player.La masia product or not.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm not very fond of players who leave for money. There wasn't that much competition for the rb spot here. And it's a very similar story. Getting him from arsene wouldn't be easy or cheap either, and not worth the hassle. Better pay Porto. They are a selling club.

I understand the hesitation of re-visiting a 'Cesc case' but a lot of the bad blood with Cesc was unique to his situation and his struggle to find a home positionally at Barca. Pique and Alba were, to some degree, 'Cesc cases' but since they slotted into positions that they felt comfortable in and we needed reinforcement in, there was no drama. No one likes that Bellerin chose to leave but his decision is one that was taken by many, so for me it doesn't impede the desire to bring him back.

Apart from having some of the perfect overall game abilities to take over at RB in the future, he also has a steep learning curve. Very few people have commented on Danilo's overall game, let alone have evidence to support it or talk about his capacity for learning and adapting here. For now all I see is people somewhat jumping the gun on a player because of some nice highlight crosses/shots, his apparent strength, and the fact that he's Brazilian.

Last edited:
L

linetty

How is it easy?
If i had to choose Between Bellerin and Danilo then i would choose the better Player.La masia product or not.
How many times did you see Danilo play? I never have and I admit that. And since I don't know how good he is, Bellerin is an easy pick for me and I'd imagine he isn't that inferior to Danilo if he's at all.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Bellerin would certainly be incredible for Barca... but he is also going to be incredible for Arsenal. Maybe a swap deal could be arranged for Bartra, even with Paulista Arsenal still are pretty weak at CB, while Barca don't seem to be playing Barta too much and need a right back more. Since Arsenal has Debuchy and Jenkinson on loan (he's been great at West Ham from what I've heard) losing Bellerin wouldn't be too painful.

Alarcón

Bellerin would certainly be incredible for Barca... but he is also going to be incredible for Arsenal. Maybe a swap deal could be arranged for Bartra, even with Paulista Arsenal still are pretty weak at CB, while Barca don't seem to be playing Barta too much and need a right back more. Since Arsenal has Debuchy and Jenkinson on loan (he's been great at West Ham from what I've heard) losing Bellerin wouldn't be too painful.

let's say, swap with vermaelen

JamDav1982

Playing well for arsenal and playing well for Barca are two different things.

Exactly, Bellerin has been decent for Arsenal the past few games but at moment is nothing more than a promising young player.

Lets wait to see how he does in the bigger games once teams have a better idea of what he is all about.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Playing well for arsenal and playing well for Barca are two different things.

Yes but this is playing well for Arsenal at the age of 19. If you track Bellerin's development from his move to Arsenal you can see that this guy has been on a very steady and secure upward trend *knock on wood*. He came there and soon became one of their best prospects, had some great moments with the u19's. Every time he's played with the first team he's shown great focus and performed well in his role (getting more and more confident with each game).

He's also still very young and fully ready to learn what it means to be 'playing well for Barca'. Far lesser talented players know what it means to be playing for Barca, at times even playing well for Barca. Just because Bellerin has built his resumé in the EPL doesn't mean he isn't worthy of the chance.

JamDav1982

Yes but this is playing well for Arsenal at the age of 19. If you track Bellerin's development from his move to Arsenal you can see that this guy has been on a very steady and secure upward trend *knock on wood*. He came there and soon became one of their best prospects, had some great moments with the u19's. Every time he's played with the first team he's shown great focus and performed well in his role (getting more and more confident with each game).

He's also still very young and fully ready to learn what it means to be 'playing well for Barca'. Far lesser talented players know what it means to be playing for Barca, at times even playing well for Barca. Just because Bellerin has built his resumé in the EPL doesn't mean he isn't worthy of the chance.

He hasnt looked good ever game for the first team. He looked quite poor in the first few and was highlighted by Gary Nevill etc.

Also he is 19 and started the season as arguably 4th choice RB at the club.

He still has a lot to prove.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He hasnt looked good ever game for the first team. He looked quite poor in the first few and was highlighted by Gary Nevill etc.

Also he is 19 and started the season as arguably 4th choice RB at the club.

He still has a lot to prove.

Well he is young. We have a ban anyway so his development can be tracked in the meantime. I doubt they'll let him go in jan 2016 though, maybe in the summer.

Home of Barca Fans