André Gomes

LMTR14

Son looked distraught. The referee has seen the extent of the injury and changed his mind to give him a red card, but the challenge itself probably didn't warrant a red from what I can tell. The injury is the result of a horrible freak accident more than anything.

since when does the extent of an injury (which the referee can't judge ad hoc!) have anything to do with the card colour?! also, you can get red even for a tackle where you don't even TOUCH the opponent.

video didn't show too much. did son get yellow first and then var corrected it to red?

what does despacito even mean

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Looking at his history of depression and stuff - this might turn out to be a major blow for the guy, as bad as ruining his confidence for good! Anims Andre Gomes!!

since when does the extent of an injury (which the referee can't judge ad hoc!) have anything to do with the card colour?! also, you can get red even for a tackle where you don't even TOUCH the opponent.

video didn't show too much. did son get yellow first and then var corrected it to red?

what does despacito even mean

Yes, he was first given a yellow and then the red.

Do not know what despacito means exactly but this thread carried that ever since he spoke on camera that his stay here in Barcelona was depressing and that he always feared to step on the ground in Blaugrana

Last edited:
I have seen numerous comments here in the past 6 months regarding Suarez, Rakitic, Pique that our only chance for them not to play is hoping for a serious injury to them. Was not on this site when Gomes was here but would not be surprised if the same was said about him.

Hopefully this is a reminder to us all that though we can criticise players we should never cross the line, which happens here far too often.

Jenks

Yes, he was first given a yellow and then the red.

The referee definitely took out his yellow card when the foul happened and then gave Son a red card after he saw the extent of the injury, but I'm not sure he actually gave him a yellow card at any point.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I have seen numerous comments here in the past 6 months regarding Suarez, Rakitic, Pique that our only chance for them not to play is hoping for a serious injury to them. Was not on this site when Gomes was here but would not be surprised if the same was said about him.

Hopefully this is a reminder to us all that though we can criticise players we should never cross the line, which happens here far too often.

It's not as prevalent as you make out, but agree.

snowy

i dont mean it to sound like an order but out of respect i think the forum manager should take away the "despacito" mock from his name

i think it's moments like this you realise the fuss was over just a game of football

Ouf! Surgery went well and 100% recovery is anticipated :) ETR 6 m to 1 year

Yo mods, you guys sooooo despacito to change that title.

[MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] , André Gomes _ Get Well Buddy!

would be cool :cheers:

Horatio

You're welcome
His image went from posterboy to mr. sensitive since the Barca interview. Likable guy though and seems genuine. Again hope the best for him.

Home of Barca Fans