André Gomes

Co0ter

That isn't 4 games like you said is it...... and the 25th of October was when we lost the Clasico.. EVERYONE was getting criticism.

Rakitic fit into our system quickly for a new signing straight into the first 11.

I don't know what games you were watching but Rakitic had a very difficult time coping with the high pressing Barca gets and not having much time on the ball. He didn't start to really play well until the end of the first half/beginning of second half when his role was more determined (covering for Alves and Messi) and he got used to the press.

xXKonan

When Rakitic joined us it was definitely not all rosy.

While it was true we struggled during the first part of the 2014/15 season, Rakitic himself struggled to find his role on the team and his performances were average and he got criticized a lot on here for playing it safe and other things.

hell their were people that were shitting bricks because of Cesc's performances for Chelsea since he was playing so well for them and Rakitic on the other hand he was struggling during the first half of the season. People were wondering if we made a mistake in selling Cesc and getting Rakitic. :lol:

BerkeleyBernie

I don't know what games you were watching but Rakitic had a very difficult time coping with the high pressing Barca gets and not having much time on the ball. He didn't start to really play well until the end of the first half/beginning of second half when his role was more determined (covering for Alves and Messi) and he got used to the press.

Yep. He was pretty hopeless when he wasn't facing downfield. Started to settle down around Feb/Mar, IIRC. There were a few matches where he was a key player helping overload the attack on the right and forcing opponents to pay for double-marking Messi.

God Serena

Yep. He was pretty hopeless when he wasn't facing downfield. Started to settle down around Feb/Mar, IIRC. There were a few matches where he was a key player helping overload the attack on the right and forcing opponents to pay for double-marking Messi.

Yeah, no, I don't think so.

His form picked up upon Messi switching to RW, which was when the entire team stepped up against Atletico.

Zincubus

Banned
We'll I'm overjoyed that he has benched the overrated Rakitic !!!

Gomes is better in every department apart from the tackling one and easiest one to improve .... so no worries on that score.
I have very high hopes for him ....
I recall being laughed at back in August when I suggested that Gomes would be a starter ahead of Rakitic by Christmas :)

Presumably the same doubters were criticising Arda Turan as will .....

God Serena

We'll I'm overjoyed that he has benched the overrated Rakitic !!!

Gomes is better in every department apart from the tackling one and easiest one to improve .... so no worries on that score.
I have very high hopes for him ....
I recall being laughed at back in August when I suggested that Gomes would be a starter ahead of Rakitic by Christmas :)

Presumably the same doubters were criticising Arda Turan as will .....

The same people who were 100% right about Arda Turan until he had to resign himself to being a backup for an entirely different position?

Yeah, let's laugh at those guys. Clearly they don't know anything.

El Flaco

[tw]821087722819452928[/tw]

Setien (Las Palmas coach) "André Gomes is the ideal complement for the midfield. Ask Busquets what he thinks about Gomes playing..."

Home of Barca Fans