Is it time to sack Lucho?

Is it time to sack Lucho?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
E

El_e8

Tito did good cause Messi went bats*** crazy. Maybe it was Titos work but that season was entirely won by Messi.

Cule4life

The Culest
Actually i kind of like his main ideas. If we had got Cuadrado in this transfer-window, it could have made a real diffrence. Then our team would look like this when attacking:

----- Mascherano ---------- Mathieu -------
---------- Rackitic ------- Busquets ---------
- Cuadrado --- Messi --- Iniesta --- Alba -
----------- Suarez --------- Neymar --------

That looks quite good to me.

Again with FBs being babysit by MFs?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Cuadrado is an upgrade going forward on Alves though, and would make a big difference to our game if we had him. Imagine someone good from those areas instead of Alves useless contribution.

Alarcón

I remember less than 2 years ago, people were on here complaining about Tito. The man who was assistant manager on our team which was maybe the greatest ever, then got the head manager job and delivered the a 100 point season, tying the record for most points in a La Liga season. While also getting to the semifinals of the CL, where he lost to a Bayern team that some consider to be the greatest team ever (Who of course go on and win the CL). And he did this while having to battle throat cancer?? You'd think the guy would get some respect or praise at the very least for this as his debut season, right?? Nope, not on here, all many people could do was point out how poor he was in big games, and use him as the butt of jokes in discussing tactics. The way he was treated by fans was disgusting, including on this board. Not only was it shameful but it was completely unfounded and unreasonable.

I can't read threads like this without thinking back on that. The suggestion to sack Lucho at this moment is stupid. You don't fire a manager who is 2 points behind the leader after 11 matches. That is extremely stupid. There is absolutely no way that would happen, no reasonable team would do that. Really, no unreasonable team would even do that. Why 48% of you would vote such an absurd option is truly baffling.

I agree very much

Mika94

It's funny, I remember the time when Robson said that after a 6-0 win against Rayo in 1997 the press was stating something like "Barcelona win 6-0 but play no football". It's not of actuality anymore, but it proves how high the people's expectations are regarding Barcelona and especially the coach. I reckon lately the matches haven't been great, and it's only great individuals that saved us recently. But there's nothing dramatic, as others stated before me. Look at BVB, would you sack Klopp because they're in the relegation zone ?
Cruyff said it well recently, Barça's problem is that they changed 3 coaches in 3 years. Give the man some time, at least until the end of the year (it's not as if the board would sack him anyway).

Kasperroed

We are all talking about the fact that our midfielders have to cover for the backs, but really, what is the alternative? We have 3 central strikes who will not create much width. Then there is two (perhaps 3...) solutions: make offensive midfielders play wide and make backs cover or them - or - make the backs create width and make midfielders cover for them. A third solution could be to play a 4-2-3-1 with Neymar and Pedro on the wings creating width.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
We are all talking about the fact that our midfielders have to cover for the backs, but really, what is the alternative? We have 3 central strikes who will not create much width. Then there is two (perhaps 3...) solutions: make offensive midfielders play wide and make backs cover or them - or - make the backs create width and make midfielders cover for them. A third solution could be to play a 4-2-3-1 with Neymar and Pedro on the wings creating width.

I personally don't like Neymar playing on the wing. Far less effective IMO.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Damn, when I voted 'no' there were only 18-19 other people who also voted 'no' and 43 who voted 'yes'

What happened in the past couple of days?

Paganinisrvnge

I have the utmost respect for Tito but the 100 point season only happened because Messi went GOD MODE and there was no real competition. IMO, early Tata days were the best since Pep but the media pressure and internal pressure to be like Pep was his undoing plus the injuries.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Damn, when I voted 'no' there were only 18-19 other people who also voted 'no' and 43 who voted 'yes'

What happened in the past couple of days?

The poll has started after the match against Almeria. Many voted 'yes' in the heat of the moment.

Alik

I have the utmost respect for Tito but the 100 point season only happened because Messi went GOD MODE and there was no real competition. IMO, early Tata days were the best since Pep but the media pressure and internal pressure to be like Pep was his undoing plus the injuries.

Still, Tito deserves some credit for how Messi performed that season.

Home of Barca Fans