Is it time to sack Lucho?

Is it time to sack Lucho?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

Ryu Hayabusa

You know... not to steal your thunder, but there's an old saying on the internet: Don't feed the troll.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Not really. Until the Real Madrid game, Barca did not even concede a goal and Bravo set a record. So really, only 3 games (+PSG) where his system failed him. You have to wait until atleast the winter transfer window before making any judgments.

That was pure luck that Bravo set the clean sheet streak. We were attacked again and again exposed at every opportunity and many shots hits the bar if you could recall.

Alarcón

That was pure luck that Bravo set the clean sheet streak. We were attacked again and again exposed at every opportunity and many shots hits the bar if you could recall.

Pure luck yeah right. There were games where we didn't concede a single shot on target which had never happened under either of Tito or Tata. "If you could recall"

Pure luck yeah right. There were games where we didn't concede a single shot on target which had never happened under either of Tito or Tata. "If you could recall"

Nonsense. After 5 games, If recall correct, Barca was the team in la liga with most shoots in their posts. This can be statistically verified - the la liga Expert commentary in norway reapeted this many times during matches. And fairly, cause we indeed were lucky. Against better sides we were slaughtered as you know. 6 goals against Psg and real. And it should have been 10.

Alik

Nonsense. After 5 games, If recall correct, Barca was the team in la liga with most shoots in their posts. This can be statistically verified - the la liga Expert commentary in norway reapeted this many times during matches. And fairly, cause we indeed were lucky. Against better sides we were slaughtered as you know. 6 goals against Psg and real. And it should have been 10.

Barca are the team that hits the post the most in La Liga.

Also, there have been many games where Claudio Bravo wasn't forced to pull any proper save. This was one of the reasons why he wasn't given credit for the clean sheets.

Alarcón

Nonsense. After 5 games, If recall correct, Barca was the team in la liga with most shoots in their posts.

How is this in any way linked to what I said, not to mention statistically relevant? I just looked up the stats of the first 5 games:

Elche - 0 shots on target
Villarreal - 0 shots on target (2 woodwork)
Athletic - 2 shots on target, 3 shots overall
Levante - 2 shots on target
Málaga - 2 shots on target

So, in the first 5 games, our opponents hit the woodwork twice. And these 2 shots to the woodwork in 5 games should somehow prove that we were lucky?

People said in the first few games until the Clásico that Bravo is just lucky not to concede because the defense works better than in previous years and he doesn't have anything to do, and now suddenly our defense was never good to begin with. You people should make up your minds about who to belittle.

Last edited:

Bertus

the next game against PSG has to be won , because I want to avoid the chance of us playing against Bayern.
I don't see how Barca could lose again to PSG.

Blanc is no genius, if Lucho studied a bit the first game, he should have no problem this time because Blanc uses the same tactic 99% of the time.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
This club is living one of it's darkest times. On the pitch, the board, the coaches, the players, the press, and the saddest part is we can't seemed to catch a break. The flower needs the mud to grow beautifully, that's my only hope if you know what I mean maybe all these things will end up for the better in end but i'll tell you what, i'm getting close to stop coming to the forums, watching pundits etc. And just limiting myself to matchdays cus all i ever hear is criticism, and negative talk it's nauseating.

I don't see how Barca could lose again to PSG.

Blanc is no genius, if Lucho studied a bit the first game, he should have no problem this time because Blanc uses the same tactic 99% of the time.

Not lose , but we could draw and finish second still.

How is this in any way linked to what I said, not to mention statistically relevant? I just looked up the stats of the first 5 games:

Elche - 0 shots on target
Villarreal - 0 shots on target (2 woodwork)
Athletic - 2 shots on target, 3 shots overall
Levante - 2 shots on target
Málaga - 2 shots on target

So, in the first 5 games, our opponents hit the woodwork twice. And these 2 shots to the woodwork in 5 games should somehow prove that we were lucky?

People said in the first few games until the Clásico that Bravo is just lucky not to concede because the defense works better than in previous years and he doesn't have anything to do, and now suddenly our defense was never good to begin with. You people should make up your minds about who to belittle.

The quantity of Shoots in the woodwork indicates luck. And rather than check upon you stats, I Will Ask you a question: given the amount of overall chances(and this is a far better term than "shoots on target") is it fair to say that not conceding in 8 matches tell the whole story about the defense? Was the brilliance of pique, the Even greater Alves and let us not forget douglas, some of the main reasons for our good stats. Nope. The chances were there, Its due to an enormous amount of luck that we didnt conceded.

What about this question: do we have a better defense at all? I mean, Alves is obviously worse than ever. Douglas is about swiss bank accounts because Its obvious that he lacks any football skill. Vermaelen isnt worth considering, he Will never play. And due to enriques stupity our only decent right back montoya is done in Barca. Pique isnt close to old level, masch is not a cb and mathieu is an old but decent player who unfortunately shows his weaknesses when the opposition is tougher.

Our club lays in ruins cause of the misuse of talent through many years. I mean, a noob like enrique coaching messi suarez iniesta and suarez? Nope.

footyfan

Calma, calma
The quantity of Shoots in the woodwork indicates luck. And rather than check upon you stats, I Will Ask you a question: given the amount of overall chances(and this is a far better term than "shoots on target") is it fair to say that not conceding in 8 matches tell the whole story about the defense? Was the brilliance of pique, the Even greater Alves and let us not forget douglas, some of the main reasons for our good stats. Nope. The chances were there, Its due to an enormous amount of luck that we didnt conceded.

What about this question: do we have a better defense at all? I mean, Alves is obviously worse than ever. Douglas is about swiss bank accounts because Its obvious that he lacks any football skill. Vermaelen isnt worth considering, he Will never play. And due to enriques stupity our only decent right back montoya is done in Barca. Pique isnt close to old level, masch is not a cb and mathieu is an old but decent player who unfortunately shows his weaknesses when the opposition is tougher.

Our club lays in ruins cause of the misuse of talent through many years. I mean, a noob like enrique coaching messi suarez iniesta and suarez? Nope.

Pretty sure Barca conceded a lot less chances this season (until RM game) than under either Tata or Tito. Do people not remember how Valdes was Barca's best player in the first half of last season?

Autumn

I remember less than 2 years ago, people were on here complaining about Tito. The man who was assistant manager on our team which was maybe the greatest ever, then got the head manager job and delivered the a 100 point season, tying the record for most points in a La Liga season. While also getting to the semifinals of the CL, where he lost to a Bayern team that some consider to be the greatest team ever (Who of course go on and win the CL). And he did this while having to battle throat cancer?? You'd think the guy would get some respect or praise at the very least for this as his debut season, right?? Nope, not on here, all many people could do was point out how poor he was in big games, and use him as the butt of jokes in discussing tactics. The way he was treated by fans was disgusting, including on this board. Not only was it shameful but it was completely unfounded and unreasonable.

I can't read threads like this without thinking back on that. The suggestion to sack Lucho at this moment is stupid. You don't fire a manager who is 2 points behind the leader after 11 matches. That is extremely stupid. There is absolutely no way that would happen, no reasonable team would do that. Really, no unreasonable team would even do that. Why 48% of you would vote such an absurd option is truly baffling.

Kasperroed

Actually i kind of like his main ideas. If we had got Cuadrado in this transfer-window, it could have made a real diffrence. Then our team would look like this when attacking:

----- Mascherano ---------- Mathieu -------
---------- Rackitic ------- Busquets ---------
- Cuadrado --- Messi --- Iniesta --- Alba -
----------- Suarez --------- Neymar --------

That looks quite good to me.

Home of Barca Fans