6 - Carles Alena

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Loans have never worked in terms of developing our own cantera kids & ending up in the 1st team, it might work at another club but it has never worked at our club - moreover, this is a recent phenomena in the post Rosell/Bartomeu era

Why do you think players like Carles or Puig resist so much? They know it is effectively an exit

Zebulun

As I understand the article, we get a buyback. If thats the case, then I wouldn't be that much against it. Regular playing time for Betis is grow is great. If he proves on a regular basis, then we can buy him back in a improved version. If not, well.. Madrid has had lots of success with these long term loans/buyback sales.

Barcelona has never had one successful loan in that area. i get that not everyone is xavi and iniesta but this decision is so dumb.

serghei

Barcelona has never had one successful loan in that area. i get that not everyone is xavi and iniesta but this decision is so dumb.

Barcelona has had no success in football with loans because very very few teams play or are able to play the brand of football we teach our kids at La Masia. So when we send our kids to these teams they are not used in a way for them to develop their abilities.

Madrid on the other hand don't have a distinct style.

The best way to develop the young talents from La Masia is to get a top manager.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I used to have high hopes for him, but tbh now I think of him more as better/healthy version of Rafinha. This isn't that bad considering Rafinha was fine squad player whenever healthy.
Loan was a success for him, so may be it will be good for Rafinha. At the age of 22 he isn't that young anymore to wait for playing time.

tacticvarium

Loans have never worked in terms of developing our own cantera kids & ending up in the 1st team, it might work at another club but it has never worked at our club - moreover, this is a recent phenomena in the post Rosell/Bartomeu era

Why do you think players like Carles or Puig resist so much? They know it is effectively an exit

I believe when youth players leave on loan or move with a buy-back option, their main goal and priority should aim for finding a successful career in another team rather than thinking about the possibility of returning. Our canteranos have been developed and trained for many years to be able to fit into the specific tactical environment and it obviously makes them difficult to adapt to different teams. But IMHO, if the players are truly talented both football and mental-wise and have some lucks with injuries, they can succeed in any environment, any team under any decent coaches.

I want Aleñá and Riqui to leave on loan and football is a lot more than Barça. They don't need to be Barça players for me to enjoy them as a football fan, and they too should think about having a successful career as a footballer first rather than being a regular starter in Barça itself. If they show promises in another team, they will have an opportunity to come back anyways like Alba, Denis, Rafa, etc. If they can't succeed in other mid/low table teams, they will never be a regular starter in a big club like Barça anyways. So instead of just wasting these critical times, it's better for them to look for consistency in playing times in a competitive football environment.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Barcelona has had no success in football with loans because very very few teams play or are able to play the brand of football we teach our kids at La Masia. So when we send our kids to these teams they are not used in a way for them to develop their abilities.

Madrid on the other hand don't have a distinct style.

The best way to develop the young talents from La Masia is to get a top manager.

Shouldn't a good player be able to succeed in most places? So you think if Xavi and Iniesta had left in their early 20s they'd have flopped?

serghei

Shouldn't a good player be able to succeed in most places? So you think if Xavi and Iniesta had left in their early 20s they'd have flopped?

Flopped? No. Became all time great midfielders at another team? Doubt that very much, especially in Xavi's case.

Players who are brilliant in certain styles can and do struggle with other styles. Especially La Masia midfielders who have a certain football phylosophy ingrained in them since young kids. A player who has played all his life having possession and creating positional attacks going at some low table team who parks the bus and play quick counters? Far from a great idea imo. Often, the qualities you need to have to play a style are completely unnecessary for another style.

Besides, why would we sell or loan Alena when we put him on vs Sociedad and was much better than Rakitic was in 80 mins before that? What Alena needs is game time. He's proven his quality at least as a squad player who is counted on.

The real issue is that he doesn't get a fair shake from Valverde.

Does Ernie dare start a FDJ-Busquets-Alena trio for El Clasico?

No chance. He will start Busi and Rakitic again.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans